Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Federal Red Flag Bill Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Keep a low profile.
    Ready everyone 3,2,1.....delete all your social media accounts and online purchase records now!

There is way too much danger with this. First off i can see some cops getting killed over this. No i dont advocate that, but there are just way too many ways this can be abused. No someone is making clear threats and so forth is one thing, but Hell i could see them saying anyone who is a white, male, conservative, veteran has potential to be dangerous and that is the problem. I fail to see how it can withstand constitutional muster. They almost would have better luck with a red flag hold as legally i think the cops can hold you for like 6 hours almost with impunity.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Washington County)

Am I wrong in recalling that the president has voiced support for similar measures? Something about worrying about due process later comes to mind.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Am I wrong in recalling that the president has voiced support for similar measures? Something about worrying about due process later comes to mind.
    You are correct he said that ....................

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Yeah so low of a profile that you never talk to anyone or say anything anywhere that might even be construed as violent intent because it'll be so laughably easy to judge shop to get one of these orders against you. These laws are a blatant 4th Amendment violation, and one could argue they also violate a gun owner's 1st Amendments rights as well. It's a shame that more people will likely have to get hurt before a lawsuit can even be brought before the supreme court to get these laws tossed.
    sounds like my day to day life.. I find most people have baggage.. my wife tends to agree.. so we pretty much stay to ourselves.. its easier not to get caught up in other peoples BS that way.. the only people I am really friendly with in real life are co-workers.. and they don't even really know me outside of work.. don't hang out.. not "friends" on social media.. my profile is pretty low..

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
    sounds like my day to day life.. I find most people have baggage.. my wife tends to agree.. so we pretty much stay to ourselves.. its easier not to get caught up in other peoples BS that way.. the only people I am really friendly with in real life are co-workers.. and they don't even really know me outside of work.. don't hang out.. not "friends" on social media.. my profile is pretty low..
    I never shit where I eat. Co workers know I'm pro gun, but not friends online, and I only ever hung outside work a few tmes. We really need to make our stand as we keep getting fucked every year. With the looney left, January sounds like lots of new bills. Some will get through.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Chester County)

Local authorities don't have to enforce Federal Law now. Sanctuary cities, immigration laws and Marijuana laws are the precedent.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Yes, but he also at one point voice a sort of support for some amnesty. He might have hiccups, but gets it right int he end.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Chester County)

Yeah, I'm going to quit messing around with this Trump guy he's a New York democrat in disguise and hasn't done a damn thing to help us. He's going to take away my bump stocks that obama gave me so if Elizabeth Warren or Joe Biden are running next time I'm voting for them because they are absolutely clear on gun control and red flag laws and hell they might even permit me to have my bump stocks like obama did.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Westmoreland County)

Here he says it, straight from the Horse's ass himself...

"I like taking the guns early...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI

The bitter irony is that the person he cited, the Parkland shooter, was considered for the Florida equivalent of a 302. The local authorities declined to follow through.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast