Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Federal Red Flag Bill Coming!

This happened to a friend of mine son in newtown square this week.
    Mother and son go hunting up in pa near Allegheny state forest (forest county).
    The kid (13) takes pictures of the guns he hunted with and posts them on intsagram.
    The school calls his house.

Thats all the info I have at this point, I just wanted to put this out there.
    If need be, I will forward him info (lawyer) on what to do next.
    I am awaiting more info, when I get it I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If you used the NICS system to buy a firearm you're already on that list.

Today's Federal and State governments are not bound by any law and may proceed with whatever serves them best. We are no longer a nation of laws.
    Pretty much as far as a nation of laws. I thought the checks they ran just said handgun or long gun. I was not aware that it told them if you were buying a tactical rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I point this out all the time when people say "What could happen" With registration" often it is made out its for public protection and there might be a small amount of merit there, but it could be far more likely to be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Most likely the next target will be magazines. They're not firearms. Could be argued in Court that they're not an "arm" at all. The "Trump Precedent" could result in a real ass pain. Trump, being an authoritarian of sorts, probably shrugged and figured, "This won't cost me too many votes in Congress or in 2020."

The Bump Stocks are easy to detect. They sorta sound like automatic weapons. When I belonged to a club that allowed Full Auto firearms on the range the Police would often show up. They wanted to shoot them too!

The best part about catching someone "red handed" - you got all of the goods in one convenient location. Contraband and the owner. You have the right to remain silent.
    I have heard this alot about Trump. Like I had said to many. He has his issues, but i cant think of any democrat that would not totally trample our rights. I don't agree with some of his stuff, but i would rather take the lesser of two evils. There are already people saying they will support the democrat over trump in 2020 becuase they know were the democrat stands. The only benefit to that is if we gave up and know another civil war is about to to be. Just my thought and i will admit i might be wrong.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Ever read a Form 4473? They're hand written. Optical character recognition is pretty good, but I'm not sure that it's THAT good. I do not know how long as Dealer has to retain a 4473. Once they're gone and the books are gone, well, that's all she wrote.

The 4473 does not record if you sold off the firearm, traded it for something, had it stolen, your house burned down or your canoe tipped and the item sank to the bottom of the river. Sure doesn't know if you died.

The Brady checks are much better. We hand over our ID. All the Man knows is that we bought at least one item.

There have been how many gun owners since 1968? How many guns have been bought or transferred since 1968? How many times have each of us moved since 1968?

We're talking a gigantic issue to nail down everyone.
    Until Brady Law background checks you didn't need government approval to buy a rifle or shotgun and the only place that there was a record of it was the 4473 at the gun shop where you bought it. If the gun shop went out of business they had to send in their bound books to the ATF. With the NICS system you must be approved by the government to exercise your rights and your name and address is kept as a gun buyer by the FBI even though they are supposed to purge that record after so many days. I challenge that absurd notion that those records are purged but are kept in some illegal and weasel worded manner just like the PA State Police keeps a record and is a registration of the firearms you buy in PA. If you believe otherwise Santy Claus and the Easter Bunny will be right along to help out with the story. Government officials are no longer under any obligation to follow the laws the rest of have to obey.
    Last edited by JenniferG; December 12th, 2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234