Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Governor Wolf Advocates for Additional Gun Control Measures

My advice for all of this.

Stop preaching to the choir and face the congregation .
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    My advice for all of this.

Stop preaching to the choir and face the congregation .
    This.
    In a reasoned and non-psychotic manner.
    For me it's easier as I've had criminals point handguns at my head, and unfortunately had an armed mentally ill person show up at my house two years ago.

(Susquehanna County)

So what has been done here that wasn't already part of existing federal law especially the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968? And BTW under existing PA law it is already illegal to accept firearms as a temporary remedy to a friend or relatives order of protection. More donkey dust that wouldn't be needed if existing laws were enforced.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    So what has been done here that wasn't already part of existing federal law especially the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968? And BTW under existing PA law it is already illegal to accept firearms as a temporary remedy to a friend or relatives order of protection. More donkey dust that wouldn't be needed if existing laws were enforced.
    and for that matter since there is no technical registry anyone who thinks they may fall under provision this could have "already sold" them to someone at least long gun wise. This is a useless piece of legislation that won't actually work the way they think it will.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    and for that matter since there is no technical registry anyone who thinks they may fall under provision this could have "already sold" them to someone at least long gun wise. This is a useless piece of legislation that won't actually work the way they think it will.
    Yes it will, it’s tightening the noose.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Probably very few. We aren't the problem.
    Would have to agree.

Travelling thru the west Pennsyltucky suburbs, the fall lawn weed was the Conman Lamb signs. Still seen tons along side roads in Beaver County TODAY.

This tells me that areas expected to be Republican had enough voters who were somehow offended by something Trump did - or more likely said - and so stupidly cut off their noses to spite their faces by voting for national failure via the Demoncrats.

These are the folks who kept Wolf in power and gave the backup job to Fetterman the human fuck-douche from Braddock - wasn't us.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Delaware County)

All these people had the full endorsement of the media go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Golf View Post
    Everytown’s $500K donation to the Wolf campaign is paying off nicely-

Governor Wolf Praises Advocates for New Domestic Violence, Gun Safety Protections

https://www.governor.pa.gov/governor...y-protections/

Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf thanked advocates today for their ongoing support of victims of domestic violence during a ceremonial bill signing of Act 79 of 2018, the first bill to truly take guns away from the dangerous abusers who use them to kill, terrorize and control.

“Domestic violence is a scourge on our society and this bill and its reforms will go a long way to protect victims, hold abusers accountable and keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals,” said Gov. Wolf. “I want to personally thank the hundreds of advocates and everyday citizens who made their voices heard and got this bill to my desk. Pennsylvania did the right thing with House Bill 2060 to protect victims of domestic violence.

In taking this important step forward toward protecting women, families, and communities against violent domestic abusers, Gov. Wolf was joined by Rep. Marguerite Quinn, Sen. Tom Killion, Executive Director of Ceasefire Shira Goodman, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence Susan Higginbotham, leader of the Pennsylvania chapter of Moms Demand Action Deb Marteslo, Chair of the Pennsylvania Commission for Women Randi Teplitz, domestic abuse survivor Angela Quarles, legislators, and representatives of the Commission for Women and Everytown for Gun Safety.

The new law includes additional safeguards to help protect victims of domestic violence, including:

New requirements around prohibiting abusers who have been issued a final protection from abuse orders issued after a contested hearing or conviction for misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence from possessing firearms and requires them to turn in their guns to law enforcement agencies within 24 hours while the order is in effect;
    Eliminates the concern about simply relinquishing a firearm to a family member or friend;
    Allows for the time that an individual is incarcerated not to be counted for the 90 days of a temporary PFA.
    Due to the urgency of enacting the legislation, Gov. Wolf officially signed the bill into law immediately after receiving it on Oct. 12. He urges the General Assembly to continue making Pennsylvania safer by passing commonsense gun safety reforms, such as requiring anyone purchasing a firearm to go through a State Police background check.

“I hope that this bill is the beginning of more bipartisan work to find commonsense ways to keep dangerous weapons away from dangerous people,” said Gov. Wolf. “We owe the citizens of this commonwealth a safe place and we need to continue working together – politics aside – to make that a reality.”

In another thread someone was saying that it was worse for us gun owners in Florida than it is in Pa. Really?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHL9mm View Post
    All these people had the full endorsement of the media go figure.
    Here in the "tri-state area" of west pennsyltucky, the radio station with the largest reach preached gun control - except for the now-dead talk-show host Mike Pintek and his frequent guest Keith Stolfer from FOAC.

With Mike's end, there are NO SANE VOICES LEFT to counter the media deception of silenced full-auto revolvers with shoulder-things that go up.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Is it supposed to "work"? I'm starting to suspect alot of this legislation is being proposed just so gun enthusiasts rally against it, in turn showing how "unreasonable" they are. Unreasonable people really shouldn't have guns, should they?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast