Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Re: Rep Eric Swalwell will nuke us if we don't comply

Sarcastic?
    How many sarcastic remarks get the average Joe into trouble?
    Mention "going postal" at work or any sexual innuendo. Too many examples to list.
    However the idea voiced of killing hundreds of law abiding citizens who are within their constitutional rights is...meh.
    Needs major bitch slapping.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Swolewell's constituents must really be proud of him.
    He's from a California district so they won't even notice anything "strange" about him.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Susquehanna County)

Interesting, This guy's lack of actual real work experience is very lacking. "While attended the University of Maryland, College Park, he served on the city council for College Park, Maryland. He then interned for Ellen Tauscher and worked as a deputy district attorney in Alameda County, California, before serving on the city council for Dublin.... ." Another lawyer who couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel! But, don't get me wrong he's still dangerous to us and still a threat because there are many others just like him, especially in politics!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Interesting, This guy's lack of actual real work experience is very lacking. "While attended the University of Maryland, College Park, he served on the city council for College Park, Maryland. He then interned for Ellen Tauscher and worked as a deputy district attorney in Alameda County, California, before serving on the city council for Dublin.... ." Another lawyer who couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel!
    For a democrat he's presidential material.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    They always say we can "compromise", find common ground, have a "conversation", etc. All that means is they want to DICTATE their views, and policies forcibly onto us. Now, it's just not death by a thousand cuts, it is death by one big stab wound.
    I always get a kick when they say: "I respect the 2nd Amendment". Sure you do, just like there's nothing I like better than a big plate of mushy peas!
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Philadelphia County)

It seems as if democat politicians get to say whatever they want but I hope to God that Swolewell's statement somehow comes back to bite him in his ass.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Tucker did a good job smacking around some nobody supporting this idiot. Colin Noir followed-up with some common sense.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Tucker did a good job smacking around some nobody supporting this idiot. Colin Noir followed-up with some common sense.
    He's had that New York jackass on the show before.I remember Tucker going back and forth with him.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

Larry Correia has a nice response:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/...to-nuke-omaha/

This is a deeply ironic argument to make, considering that the most technologically advanced military coalition in history has spent the better part of the last two decades fighting goat herders with AKs in Afghanistan and Iraq. Seriously, it’s like you guys only pay attention to American casualties when there’s a republican in office and an election coming up.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Obama launched over five hundred drone strikes during his eight years in office. We’ve used Apaches (that’s the scary looking helicopter in the picture for my peacenik liberal friends), smart bombs, tanks, I don’t know how many thousand s of raids on houses and compounds, all the stuff that the lefty memes say they’re willing to do to crush the gun nut right, and we’ve spent something like 6 trillion dollars on the global war on terror so far.

And yet they’re still fighting.

So yes, groups of irregular locals can be a real pain in the ass to a technologically superior military force. That’s pretty obvious.

Now here is the interesting part. Best estimates are that any given time in Iraq we’ve been fighting about 20,000 insurgents at most. Keep that number in mind, because now we’re going to talk about the scope of this hypothetical fight over gun control.

Nobody really knows how many people in America own guns, or how many guns are here. The estimates range wildly. I’ve noticed a trend over recent years of the news media trying to minimize that number, to make it seem like it’s actually a very low percentage of Americans who own firearms, a fading cultural anomaly if you will, and to explain the one to two million new backgrounds checks done every month for new purchases, a handful of us just own a few hundred guns each.

Uh huh…. Sure.

While trying to make gun ownership seem like an oddball thing, I’ve seen the media come up with some truly silly estimates about the total number of guns in this country. The one that was going around earlier this year was really easy to debunk, because they used the number of NICS checks… Problem is, it didn’t take into account the millions guns sold before that (and they never really wear out), the fact that one NICS check can be used to buy multiples at a time, and that many US states (including the gun nuttiest) use their own state background check system, and don’t report to that federal number. Oh yeah, with advances in cheap machining, making your own guns at home has become increasingly popular.

When pollsters call to ask us if and how many guns we own—we think about things like a congressmen talking about nuking us—and immediately lie our asses off. The biggest recurring joke in the gun community is that I don’t own any guns, because I lost them all in a freak canoe accident.

So nobody really knows how many guns there are here, or how many of us own them. But the answer is A LOT.

Recently the WaPo ran an article called Americans Vastly Overestimate the Number of Gun Owners. As with most WaPo articles, it was about 90% bullshit, but they are claiming that only 20 to 30 percent of Americans own guns. That may sound plausible if you live in Manhattan, but out here in flyover country, that’s downright laughable, but anyways, to make the idea of mass gun confiscation as plausible as possible, let’s run with that rosy figure. We’ll even take the lower one of 20%. (snort)

Too bad America has over a third of a billion people, because even the unrealistic figure of 20% of 325 million is still a whopping 65 MILLION people. That’s about the same as the entire population of France. That’s about the same as the population of Great Britain, only with 500 times the firepower. Good thing we didn’t go with that 30%, because now the number is way bigger than the population of Germany (and you know what a pain beating them last time was!). Or ironically, about three times the population of Iraq.

It’s kind of funny, when it comes to us adopting social or economic programs, the left is always comparing the US to Denmark, which has the population of LA county, and that’s totally not apples and oranges, but declaring war on a percentage of the American population bigger than most nation states? That’s no biggie.

But I digress…

Okay, so let’s say Congressman Swalwell gets his wish, and the government says turn them in or else. And even though the government has become tyrannical enough to send SWAT teams door to door and threaten citizens with drones and attack helicopters, rather than half the states saying fuck you, this means Civil War 2, instead we’ll stick to the rosiest of all possible outcomes, and say that most gun owners comply.

In fact, let’s be super kind. Rather than a realistic number, like half or a third of those people getting really, really pissed off and hoisting the black flag, let’s say that 99% of them decide to totally put all their faith into the government, and that the all-powerful entity which just threatened to kill their entire family will never ever turn tyrannical from now on, pinky swear, so what do they have to lose? And a whopping 90% of gun owners go along peacefully.

That means you are only dealing with six and a half MILLION insurgents. The entire active US military is about 1.3 million, with about 800,000 reserve. Which is also assuming that those two Venn diagrams don’t overlap, which is just plain idiotic, but I’ll get to that too.

Let’s be super generous. I’m talking absurdly generous, and say that a full 99% of US gun owners say won’t somebody think of the children and all hold hands and sing kumbaya, so that then you are only dealing with the angriest, listless malcontents who hate progress… These are those crazy, knuckle dragging bastards who you will have to put in the ground.

And there are 650,000 of them.

To put that into perspective, we were fighting 22,000 insurgents in Iraq, a country which would fit comfortably inside Texas with plenty of room to spare. This would be almost 30 times as many fighters, spread across 22 times the area.

And that estimated number is pathetically, laughably low.

In one of the bluest states in America, the New York SAFE Act only has like a 4% compliance rate. And that’s mostly just people choosing to ignore an onerous law. Because the further you get away from the major cities, the more people just don’t give a crap about your utopian foolishness. Its benign neglect, and most Americans are happy to ignore you until you mess with them. You start dropping Hellfire missiles on Indiana? Fuck you, its game on. And that 1% is going to turn into 50% damn quick.
    (Not the whole thing. Go and read it.)

(Delaware County)

Too long to paste here, but a good read:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/...ybMpTyoXF8HP2c

ETA: t1066 beat me to it by seconds...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast