Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Shops in the Berks county area that sell reloading supplies?

I've just recently got into reloading and I'm looking for shops in the Berks county area around Reading that sell powder and primers. Cabelas isn't bad but most of the time they are out of stock. I'm trying to save by not ordering online because most of the time Pa tax is cheaper then hazmat fee.

Can anyone help me out? Besides gun traders, I'm open to using about any shop. I thought handgunners sold stuff but I haven't been there in awhile. Thanks!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Shops in the Berks county area that sell reloading supplies?

The Handgunner in Topton sells Dillon equipment and has supplies...

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by shtf45acp View Post
    I've just recently got into reloading and I'm looking for shops in the Berks county area around Reading that sell powder and primers. Cabelas isn't bad but most of the time they are out of stock. I'm trying to save by not ordering online because most of the time Pa tax is cheaper then hazmat fee.

Can anyone help me out? Besides gun traders, I'm open to using about any shop. I thought handgunners sold stuff but I haven't been there in awhile. Thanks!
    The Handgunner has some. I seem to remember reloading at Kerpers in Bowmansville which might be just over the line. Also a good stock at Richland Shooters supplies. While over on the West side Encks in Myerstown is good also. Both of the last two are just over the line also.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

I've never been to Enck's but I've talked to them several times on the phone very nice people. Never heard of Richland's I'll have to check them out.

Closest is definitely handgunners but last time I was there I just remember seeing they had stuff but didn't pay attention to what they had.

So far I really like Ramshot Tac and Accurate #5. I also use H4895 and Power Pistol. I like buying tac in 8lbs jugs as I go through it so fast.

Thanks for all the info!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The Handgunner has some. I seem to remember reloading at Kerpers in Bowmansville which might be just over the line. Also a good stock at Richland Shooters supplies. While over on the West side Encks in Myerstown is good also. Both of the last two are just over the line also.
    Kerpers only has stuff that they take in trade. I called and asked awhile ago and Cheryl looked around for the stuff I needed but didn't have anything. Richland and Encks have a good selection, Handgunner doesn't have a lot of room but usually has a small amount of just about everything. Prices are good as well there.

I don't know how far you want to drive but Shydas just outside Lebanon has a big area of components. Go to the Lebanon VA front entrance, look right across the street. Gunshop is on the second floor.

One thing you might try, if you know anybody who reloads try to put together a group buy. You share the hazmat and it's less expensive then.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Kerpers only has stuff that they take in trade. I called and asked awhile ago and Cheryl looked around for the stuff I needed but didn't have anything. Richland and Encks have a good selection, Handgunner doesn't have a lot of room but usually has a small amount of just about everything. Prices are good as well there.

I don't know how far you want to drive but Shydas just outside Lebanon has a big area of components. Go to the Lebanon VA front entrance, look right across the street. Gunshop is on the second floor.

One thing you might try, if you know anybody who reloads try to put together a group buy. You share the hazmat and it's less expensive then.
    Beat me to it. Richland, Enck's and Shyda's all have good varieties...if you can't find it at one of them, you probably don't need it.

(Berks County)

That's the problem I don't have any friends that reload. I've been watching for the hazmat deals on midway and brownells but no luck.

I wonder if Randy at hangunners would order what I need. But then again I might get nailed for hazmat who knows.

(Berks County)

King's Shooter's Supply in King of Prussia used to sell reloading supplies. Their website sucks and I don't know what they carry today but you could check with them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

French Creek Outfitters, Phoenixville

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    King's Shooter's Supply in King of Prussia used to sell reloading supplies. Their website sucks and I don't know what they carry today but you could check with them.
    Still do.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man