Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HR7115

(Chester County)

Default Re: HR7115

Exactly my fear! Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I fear the time is coming in the fairly near future when PA LTCF are a thing of the past. Then what exactly does everybody do who says never travel to NJ, NY, etc etc? Never leave your front yard? Move to another state? Carry anyway and hope you don't get caught like every other criminal on the street? Learn Krav Maga and hope you are only mugged by unarmed attackers? The way the voting population is trending, and considering the slim chance of reversing said trend in the next 10 or 20 years, this might soon be more than an academic discussion!

(Bucks County)

How many days of potential legislative action are they before this congress is over? Would it even have time to be heard in committee?

Or was it introduced just so the introducer could claim having done so back in their home district, without having to worry about it coming up for a vote?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by t1066 View Post
    How many days of potential legislative action are they before this congress is over? Would it even have time to be heard in committee?

Or was it introduced just so the introducer could claim having done so back in their home district, without having to worry about it coming up for a vote?

This bill is dead for this legislative year. 7115 will be introduced next year along with a myriad of other antigun laws. Will any of them pass? Blame the inactive gun owners if they do. There will be always those political leaders out to legislate, tax, or restrict gun ownership out of existence. They are reality not the problem, it is how firearm owners react to them is the factor. 92 million firearms owners and we have a majority of anti gun zealots in congress. We are our own worst enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    *Not my House of Representatives. #resist. #sanctuary.
    #notmyHORS
    just as it sounds.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

so... I should stock up on what parts?
    stripped lowers?
    lower build kits?
    triggers?
    stocks?
    uppers?

TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!!!!
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    so... I should stock up on what parts?
    stripped lowers?
    lower build kits?
    triggers?
    stocks?
    uppers?

TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I ain't dat rich, son.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I ain't dat rich, son.
    It doesn't matter what parts you stock up.
    The Liberal Democrats are pushing for a total ban on possession whenever they can get it through.
    Our energy needs to be directed into politically unifying the 2A community, so that we can stop these bills from ever becoming law.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

What we need, really, is an effective and targeted marketing/outreach effort by the true 2A groups (GOA, 2AF, and state groups like, hmm, pafoa) that appeal to actual common sense about the RKBA. Gun rights groups really need to drop the partisan bullshit, disalign themselves from the "standards" of the right, ie gay marraige, abortion, etc. Most of the country and especially the younger generation have moved past those issues. We need to focus solely on the expansion and protection of the right bestowed on American citizens protected by the second amendment.

The shtick advertisements with some guy speaking in movie announcer voice prattling off fesr-mongering catch phrases about the "liberal commies" coming to take the guns is not going to appeal to the younger generation of voters. The new breed of young adults simply won't buy it. The message needs to be smart, calculated, and conveyed with just enough passive sarcasm to get the attention of gen z/millennial wit. Maybe someone needs to hire a swanky nyc marketing team full of 20-something Twitter people.

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast