Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ex-PSP Colt 6520 Carbine from Blooming Grove barracks

I have a rifle that has the original owner's social security number written on the wood under the butt pad.
    When I discovered it, my wife said, "I'll bet it's a social security number", so she looked it up.
    The result indicated the man was deceased, but had lived in the general area where I know the rifle was acquired before I got it.

Make me an offer!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Make me an offer!
    How much do you want for the Social Security Number ?

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nopetrol View Post
    I have a pair of buddies that bought them last year when they were on the market. Based on the ones I have handled, other than the serial numbers indicating they are contract builds for an LE agency, there's nothing about them that directly links them to PSP. They are Colt 6520's LE marked. They have Surefire M500A fore ends on them, with an unknown brand sling. The rear end of the sling has an integral mag holder. No telling if it was ordered that way, or Dept armorer's equipped them.

Some of the ex-PSP 6520s I have are marked in a variety of ways:

Two from Troop B have the station name abbreviation on the left side of the upper receiver "painted" in white paint marker; one "BV" and a dash and a rack number and the other "Pgh" and a dash followed by a rack number. Both boxes have the s/ns and station names written there on. The Belle Vernon carbine had a property record form 5.5" x 8.5" attached to the triggerguard in the box.

One from Troop H has a tiny labelmaker sticker inside the pistol grip, using the PSP codes for the station: "H1" for Harrisburg and a rack number, and the box is marked with the s/n and "Harrisburg."

The other from Troop H was marked "H5" (Newport) on the box with the S/N and "Newport" on a 5.5" x 8.5" form attached to the triggerguard in the box.

One from Troop D has a labelmaker sticker on the front of the magazine well, with the Kittanning Investigator's (Cpl) last name on it; the box is marked with the s/n and "Kittanning."

One from Troop C is unmarked except for the box with the s/n and the station name.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Philadelphia County)

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what brand PSP replaced these rifles with ?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what brand PSP replaced these rifles with ?
    According to Wikipedia, they went to the Colt 6920 and 6940. I know they opened up what Troopers could buy and carry to a lot of Colt clones as well as the Tavor/X95.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    6940. Aimpoint comp3. Streamlight X300u.

Can carry anything that accepts the dept .223 ammo and an AR magazine. SBR and suppressors included.

(Union County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Some of the ex-PSP 6520s I have are marked in a variety of ways:

Two from Troop B have the station name abbreviation on the left side of the upper receiver "painted" in white paint marker; one "BV" and a dash and a rack number and the other "Pgh" and a dash followed by a rack number. Both boxes have the s/ns and station names written there on. The Belle Vernon carbine had a property record form 5.5" x 8.5" attached to the triggerguard in the box.

One from Troop H has a tiny labelmaker sticker inside the pistol grip, using the PSP codes for the station: "H1" for Harrisburg and a rack number, and the box is marked with the s/n and "Harrisburg."

The other from Troop H was marked "H5" (Newport) on the box with the S/N and "Newport" on a 5.5" x 8.5" form attached to the triggerguard in the box.

One from Troop D has a labelmaker sticker on the front of the magazine well, with the Kittanning Investigator's (Cpl) last name on it; the box is marked with the s/n and "Kittanning."

One from Troop C is unmarked except for the box with the s/n and the station name.

Noah
    Appreciate to info. Considering all 5 I have handled were from the same retailer, maybe they were sanitized before sale? Anything's possible.
    Something clever belongs here. Same screen name at ARFCOM.

(Bucks County)

I would, but, not for the p.s.p. markings.....that wouldn't be the dealmaker.

odds are, it has seen little to no actual use whatsoever. qualified maybe once a year, back in rack.

barrel is probably barely broken in.

it will undoubtedly need a world class cleaning.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Perhaps if it was New In Box.

I've heard of a few incidents were firearms that were PD , state ,or US Gov't property were confiscated by police. Even heard some 'experts' tell people it was illegal to own firearms/magazines so marked.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Perhaps if it was New In Box.

I've heard of a few incidents were firearms that were PD , state ,or US Gov't property were confiscated by police. Even heard some 'experts' tell people it was illegal to own firearms/magazines so marked.
    Wow, an officer taking a citizen's weapon because of it's markings.It's a bit surprising at first but I can see something like that happening.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast