Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Cutler named house leader in PA

Cutler was the republican "Whip" the last few session. So he was leadership and went along with 2060 to secure this new position...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Cutler was the republican "Whip" the last few session. So he was leadership and went along with 2060 to secure this new position...
    He represents the rural areas of Quarryville, Buck, New Providence, South of Lancaster city down to the Maryland line. He is solid.

Incidentally, since it was brought up, HB2060 was not viewed as a "gun bill" by most Republicans in the PA legislature. As much as you wish that weren't the case, that's reality. Failure to acknowledge this puts you in a bubble. My own pro-2A rep (also from Lancaster, just North of where Cutler represents), who has supported every pro-gun effort in the House, signed onto HB 2060. I thoroughly questioned/debated him in a lengthy e-mail exchange on this topic to ascertain the first principles he was using to evaluate support for this bill. He truly believed it was a domestic violence bill that would keep more people from getting harmed and said (in his own words) he did not view this as a "gun control bill". Do I agree with that line of thought? Not entirely, but unlike most other gun-related bills, I can understand the logic path. Domestic violence is already a prohibitor at the federal level, we already restrict gun ownership upon a successful PFA being served. The real debate is whether or not the PFA process is a fair one which has NOTHING to do with gun control specifically. That would be where to challenge this. If you attack it from the "gun rights" perspective alone it would not sway public opinion.

The only politicians who haven't supported DV bills that include gun restrictions are those who serve areas where they truly don't have a constituency who cares either way (or have not researched the bill enough) to give a solid opinion about this specific issue. There are some legislators in this state that enjoy the privileges of governing without those "pesky" constituents bothering them enough to do much of anything about anything.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrels View Post
    He represents the rural areas of Quarryville, Buck, New Providence, South of Lancaster city down to the Maryland line. He is solid.

Incidentally, since it was brought up, HB2060 was not viewed as a "gun bill" by most Republicans in the PA legislature. As much as you wish that weren't the case, that's reality. Failure to acknowledge this puts you in a bubble. My own pro-2A rep (also from Lancaster, just North of where Cutler represents), who has supported every pro-gun effort in the House, signed onto HB 2060. I thoroughly questioned/debated him in a lengthy e-mail exchange on this topic to ascertain the first principles he was using to evaluate support for this bill. He truly believed it was a domestic violence bill that would keep more people from getting harmed and said (in his own words) he did not view this as a "gun control bill". Do I agree with that line of thought? Not entirely, but unlike most other gun-related bills, I can understand the logic path. Domestic violence is already a prohibitor at the federal level, we already restrict gun ownership upon a successful PFA being served. The real debate is whether or not the PFA process is a fair one which has NOTHING to do with gun control specifically. That would be where to challenge this. If you attack it from the "gun rights" perspective alone it would not sway public opinion.

The only politicians who haven't supported DV bills that include gun restrictions are those who serve areas where they truly don't have a constituency who cares either way (or have not researched the bill enough) to give a solid opinion about this specific issue. There are some legislators in this state that enjoy the privileges of governing without those "pesky" constituents bothering them enough to do much of anything about anything.
    I was there on the ground when 2060 was passed. Everyone in the republican caucus was aware of what was happening. It was all political! You should have hear the shouting in the halls...lol

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Cutler has always been pro gun he was my rep when I lived in Quarryville, He holds regular gun safety and carry courses for the locals. Don't think there's a lot to worry about.
    Then WTF was he doing being in on 2060? Same for all of them for that matter. "Just went along with it" ...uhm...NO.

If this was an innocent mistake then they damn well better get this thing repealed NOW. They all knew what was going on? WTF??!
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrels View Post

As I pointed out to Sen Fulmer, "You may not believe it a gun control bill, but the Gun Controllers and the Gun Rights supporters both do (and how often do they agree on anything), so who's beliefs are reality? they both can't be." Fulmer knows he and the Republican party has lost my support until they make amends to the gun owners.

(Lancaster County)

I was at the meeting in Rep. Barrar's office 3 years ago along with NRA and domestic violence group when this was being drafted. Bunches of conference calls among the parties... They all knew 2060 was a gun bill, that's why we were at the table...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12