Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Anyone else hate the new tree stand regulations for public land?

YES! I'm thoroughly against the regulations that allow midgets to use tree stands. cocksuckers!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The penalty is probably less if you shoot someone over cutting down a tree on game lands.

Portable hunting blinds or stands may be placed overnight on State Game Lands beginning two weeks prior to the opening of the first deer season within each Wildlife Management Unit and must be removed no later than two weeks after the close of the last deer season within each Wildlife Management Unit.

Overnight placement of portable hunting blinds is also permitted during the spring turkey season within each Wildlife Management Unit.

All portable hunting blinds or stands placed OVERNIGHT on any State Game Land or any Pennsylvania Game Commission Public Access program property during this time must be conspicuously marked with a durable identification tag that legibly sets forth the owners first name, last name and legal home address in English. A tag bearing a number issued by the Pennsylvania Game Commission can be used in place of a tag bearing the name and address of the stands owner. This may include a valid PGC Customer Identification Number (CID) issued with their hunting license or a PGC Tree Stand Identification number on these tags instead of their name and address. Tags attached to these stands or blinds shall be readily visible.

It is unlawful to construct, place, maintain, occupy, use, leave or abandon any structures or other tangible property on State Game Lands except under the conditions set forth above.

To obtain a PGC Tree Stand Identification number, complete the following application. The number issued by this application is permanent and can be used to tag a blind or tree stand for the lifetime of the hunter.

If you misplace your Tree Stand number you may return to this page and inquire upon your number through this link. Find Tree Stand Number

If you need to update your personal information please click on this link. Update Tree Stand Information
    https://www.theoutdoorshop.state.pa....84CC5E7E91F699

(Luzerne County)

I agree, the stands should be pulled every day. Although, the placing of a stand on public property doesn’t reserve that location for the person who put up the stand, it puts the person who comes upon a nice location in a bad spot. If he stays in that area, he risks the stand owner coming in an saying, screw you.....didn’t you see my stand, I’m hunting here.

There is no way a stand hunter is going to walk in, see you sitting there and decide to hunt somewhere else. Who knows, maybe the stand hunter only hunts of the first day, and then the following Saturday’s. Th guy who hunts during the week is faced with the decision to hunt there and hope the owner doesn’t show up, or hunt, then have to move when he does show up.

I hunt with a GPS and have dozens upon dozens of tree stands marked so I can avoid them. I don’t know when they were last used or when they will be used next. If I find a good spot, I don’t want to be forced to move because the stand owner shows up. Yes, nothing prevents another hunter from walking into the area and deciding to sit under a tree 50 yards from you, but those guys will usually keep moving. A person with a stand is going to be more hesitant to choose another location.

(Luzerne County)

The stands are supposed to be removed, but in my experience about 90-95% of them are left there all year. And notifying the PGC is pointless. While they are supposed to go in and remove them, I’ve never seen a WCO or one of the deputies anywhere in the woods. Heck, they just troll the parking lots around here.

(Franklin County)

Nobody has mentioned the obvious option: just replace the ID tag with your own. No need for your own stand, or to set up nearby.

Your stand? Nah, see, it has my ID tag right here.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I'm ok if you leave the stand overnight if you are hunting the next day. I just hate the guys that leave them when they aren't hunting. I'll leave my climber locked to the bottom of the tree overnight but get in super early the next day. If someone was sitting near my stand i would either unlock mine and move it or just sit somewhere else and come back for it later.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lancaster County)

Just carry a bucket of apples and leave a few under each stand, then make a phone call.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    You used to have to pull your stand. Now you can put it up before archery season and leave it until all the seasons close. It allows people to basically put up permanent stands.

Wear a harness. If you don't you are a dumb ass.

How is this new? When did it change?

(Bucks County)

Just carry a bucket of apples and leave a few under each stand, then make a phone call
    Along with some photos of young kids bathing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast