Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

Thanks for the update and review.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    OP here;

When did I say I've open carried in Philadelphia ?

In this thread I did a reply about having been to the Radnor, in St. Davids, across the street from MIcrocenter.
    I've also been to Mirocenter plenty times.

This thread was about going into Philly.
    And I was questioning walking along Philly streets so near to a few schools; specifically University Of Penn.

While in other, past, unrelated threads I have mentioned that I've ridden my motorcycles through Philly while visibly carrying; with both hip and thigh holsters.
    Mostly along Broad Street and around City Hall. With a little bit of side excursions; such as out past the Art Museum.

But I've never parked and walked through Philly.

And with all the negative encounters with Philly PD I read about.
    I thought it wise to ask about that area of the city.

Blackhawk Serpa Level 3 mounted on a a paddle that comes with their CQC holster.
    With two spare mags on opposite hip.

You're right. I have no idea why I typed "N. 38" in my opening post.

Well I went.
    First I visited Microcenter to return my item.
    Then went to the restaurant.

I was driving my Ford Ranger and there were three empty parking spaces in front of the restaurant.
    So I parked directly in front of the restaurant..
    My back bumper even with their door and my front bumper only a couple feet away from one of the parking meter kiosks.
    So obviously I did not do very much walking along Philly streets.
    Plus the streets were rather devoid of many pedestrians. And what few there were; did not look like college student snowflakes.
    Would that be because it was 4pm on Saturday afetrnoon, because it was somewhat cold and windy, or a combination of both ?
    And although I was not wearing any coat; it's no surprise I had no encounters with Philly PD.

In the restaurant only a couple people appeared to notice my open carrying.
    First people to notice were the family sitting directly by the door.
    The father and mother stopped eating, nearly dropped their utensils, and eye-balled me as I walked past.
    But was that because I was open carrying, because I was the only white person, or my opening the door let in a bunch of cold air ??

The waiter who greeted me near that family; did not seem to care one bit.
    He simply confirmed that I was a party of 1; and then showed me to a table for two.
    He placed me at the table nearest the cash register.
    He placed the napkin and utensils so that if I sat down my back would be facing the door.
    So I politely moved them to the other side of the table; so my back would be towards the register, my strong side would not be up against the wall, and I would face the door.

When I first entered; there were only about a dozen patrons in the restaurant.
    None of them looked like college students. And after that one family's initial reaction; mostly no one appeared to care.

The second person to notice me carrying was one of two, definitely college student guys who came in shortly after me.
    They sat at the table directly in front of me. One facing me and the other with his back towards me.
    The one facing me looked like he may have been Korean; the with his back towards me looked like he may have been Indian.
    They generally spoke very quietly to each other as they ate and typed on their phones.
    Not that their ethnicity matters. But it may be relevant to what I heard the Korean looking guy say.
    During their conversation; the Korean looking guy spoke loud enough for me to hear.
    He said "I hate westerners." as he eye-balled me.
    He then quietly said something to his buddy as he motioned towards me with his chin.
    Causing the other guy to rapidly swivel his head in my direction.
    After which he began to make a call on his phone.

I stayed about 15 more minutes before becoming full and checked out.

As for the quality of the restaurant.
    It was just as the reviews on Google maps and Yelp implied.
    Small, yet well stocked buffet.
    They identified the various food at the buffet by writing on the clear, glass sneeze guards with a barley visible marker.

I'm not any sort of Indian food connoisseur. But I rather liked the food.
    I mostly ate their Chicken Makhani, Chicken Biryani, and something with a name like "peas and mushrooms".
    The temperature of the food at the buffet was not overly hot. It could be best described as luke warm.
    But isn't that how most buffets keep their food ?

The weekend price of $13.95 is a little less than all the various buffets here in the Lehigh Valley.
    I wish this Indian restaurant was here in the Lehigh Valley; I would be eating at it a lot.
    Is it worth an hour plus ride to specifically eat at ? No.
    But it was worth the 10 mile drive away from Microcenter.
    The next time I find myself going to Microcenter or anywhere else in the area. I think I'll plan on going to this restaurant; Sitar India.
    The Korean guy might have been an NK spy.... He probably called Rocket Man and told him real Americans are armed everywhere....lol

I dont understand how some people can hate americans,
    but they move here anyway. My neighbor has that grub hub app,
    she gets indian food delivered, Ive never tried it. She looked at me
    like I had four heads and said you got to try it. I went on youtube to check
    out how they cook, and now I subscribed to grandpa's kitchen
    This guy is amazing. He cooks for orphaned children everyday.

(Chester County)

Most likely not Korean. More likely Chinese. I worked with a couple of Indian guys and we would have a "bring in some of your home cooking" day at the shop. I'm not a fussy eater at all but I'm sorry the Indian food always appeared to have been eaten at least once already. The Argentinian guy always had the best food, his wife is Italian, real Italy Italian legal immigrant and she could make some really good stuff both Italian and Argentine. I always brought my garlic lemon pepper chicken with jasmine rice. That was a favorite of the guys too.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

Did they have high, wide cheekbones or sloping foreheads?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Lol
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Bucks County)

To the OP, glad it worked out well. And no riot for his clearly racist remark.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

"I hate westerners."

That's a new one, never got that line.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

I hate mooslimbs and I sure as hell am not moving into their yard.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345