Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Lehigh County)

Default Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

I might be going to Microcenter in St. Davids tomorrow or next weekend.
    And was considering afterwards of going to this restaurant that I've been eyeing for a couple months; Sitar India.
    Which is located in Philly near the intersection of North 38th Street and Chestnut Street.
    Which is an area very close to a few schools. One being University Of Pennsylvania.
    And the reviews; in addition to implying that the restaurant has good Indian food for good prices; also imply that the restaurant's core clientele is college students.

To those of you having experience of interacting (ie being harassed by) with Philly PD for carrying; specifically open carrying.
    Just how much harassment should I expect if I went to that restaurant ?

Thanks;
    --ET

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

Um

Carson?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

I don't open carry in Philly, so can't help with your question, but if you just want good Indian food in the area, Biryani City in East Norriton (KoP area) is good and not too far from St. Davids.

(Philadelphia County)

A friend used to live right across the street from that restaraunt but I have never gotten around to eating there.If you do go post back with a review if you don't mind.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

You can cover it up. easy peasy.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

If you open carry in Philly you have a very good chance of being hassled. Maybe even worse. And it doesn't matter what street you are on.

So my question is why do you want to? Are you a martyr and want to take one for the team?

(Bucks County)

If you're going into a known hostile environment open carrying, make sure you wear a MAGA hat and Trump sweatshirt.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I might be going to Microcenter in St. Davids tomorrow or next weekend.
    And was considering afterwards of going to this restaurant that I've been eyeing for a couple months; Sitar India.
    Which is located in Philly near the intersection of North 38th Street and Chestnut Street.
    Which is an area very close to a few schools. One being University Of Pennsylvania.
    And the reviews; in addition to implying that the restaurant has good Indian food for good prices; also imply that the restaurant's core clientele is college students.

To those of you having experience of interacting (ie being harassed by) with Philly PD for carrying; specifically open carrying.
    Just how much harassment should I expect if I went to that restaurant ?

Thanks;
    Ah 38th & Chestnut Streets. I have never been to the Indian spot but on the corner was Wizards GoGo Bar. A good stop after District Softball games and Abner’s Cheesesteaks is right next door. I personally think Abners is not as good as it once was.

Unfortunately for you that area is covererd by The University City detail of the 18th Police District, the University of Pennsylvania Police Departmemt and also the Drexel University Police Department.

It is right in the middle of U of P and the chance of someone calling in a man with a gun call on you OCing is about 110%.
    You will be in the middle of snowflake central, a week or two removed from mass shooting incidents in college areas. You will not be in the sticks of Pennsylvania. It is what it is.

You are perfectly legal OCing with an LTCF and can decide how you want to carry on your own. I have my opinions and with a dollar I can get a cup of coffee with that dollar.

If you get stopped and don’t like how the situation is going, have them call for a supervisor. Arguing and fighting, especially with an ill informed officer is most likely not going to end in your favor right then and there. And since you are stopping to eat after a trip to MC I don’t think your objective is to be an activist at that moment.

There is a possibility that the U of P police are better informed and you won’t have any issue at all.

Unfortunatley this is the reality at the moment, like it or not. Enjoy your trip down, I hope the restaurant is good and let us know how you make out.

(Montgomery County)

Don't be surprised if you get hassled in Radnor too.

(Bucks County)

North 38th at Chestnut? That's south of Market and can't be north 38th.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast