Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,550
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    How 'bout, "Don't you have any real problems to deal with?"
    Sorry but I'm all out of pity right now, please try later.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Elkland, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Power
    3531470

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Right, if they call you "junior" you reply, "Up yours asswipe".
    My reply would be, "HA! I have grand children you age."
    USNRET '61-'81

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    2,327
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Correct, it's South 38th, I believe the restaurant is on Chestnut.
    According to the map, it on 38th between Market and Chestnut.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,731
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    I go to Micro Center pretty regularly. I was just there getting a hard drive for my W7 computer. Open carry is no problem there. I used to live right up the road on St Davids Ave back in the dark ages (early 80's) when open carry would have never been done. Open carry is a hit and miss thing down in Philly. It depends on the officer like Carson said. I have to go the city to see my doctor specialist at Jefferson once a year and I try to get in and out of there as quickly as possible so open carry isn't for me on those trips. Yes, it's your right to open carry but one officer having crappy day can make it so you're in the city longer than you planned, a lot longer. I like to go gray when I go to Philly.

    Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,767
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I go to Micro Center pretty regularly. I was just there getting a hard drive for my W7 computer. Open carry is no problem there. I used to live right up the road on St Davids Ave back in the dark ages (early 80's) when open carry would have never been done. Open carry is a hit and miss thing down in Philly. It depends on the officer like Carson said. I have to go the city to see my doctor specialist at Jefferson once a year and I try to get in and out of there as quickly as possible so open carry isn't for me on those trips. Yes, it's your right to open carry but one officer having crappy day can make it so you're in the city longer than you planned, a lot longer. I like to go gray when I go to Philly.
    Good video.
    I've gone grey for decades.
    But my shaved melon still draws attention even under a cap.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,731
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Going unnoticed is a bit easier for me in Philly now instead of when I had to navigate the back streets and neighborhoods trying to get to the right away in a bright orange Septa truck.

    21_big (1) (1) (Custom).jpg
    Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    How 'bout, "Don't you have any real problems to deal with?"
    I loved when people said this. I would look around and say “at the moment, no, you are it”.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Going unnoticed is a bit easier for me in Philly now instead of when I had to navigate the back streets and neighborhoods trying to get to the right away in a bright orange Septa truck.

    21_big (1) (1) (Custom).jpg
    I am sure an orange truck is better than a bright silver train. Unless the train left the tracks.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    6009333

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Going unnoticed is a bit easier for me in Philly now instead of when I had to navigate the back streets and neighborhoods trying to get to the right away in a bright orange Septa truck.

    21_big (1) (1) (Custom).jpg
    I love trains....I wouldn't mind working for SEPTA...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the middle of no where, Georgia
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hassle by Philly PD if open carrying in this part of town; N.38 + Chestnut ?

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Right, if they call you "junior" you reply, "Up yours asswipe".
    Make sure to practice the hokey pokey,
    You put your hands up
    Shake em all around
    You put your knees down
    But your pants keep falling down
    You put you hand down
    Blam blam blam blam blam.
    And thats the
    Mesa hokey pokey..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OC still a hassle in Philly?
    By Tmygun in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: September 8th, 2016, 10:14 AM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: August 28th, 2016, 02:42 PM
  3. Philly Police harrass man legally open carrying
    By Dan Frontier in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
  4. Texas Town OKs Teachers Carrying Guns
    By dc dalton in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 13th, 2008, 03:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops