Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: 2019 PMSC/PAFOA Group Shoot Dates!

Gotcha. Thanks.
    DGAF

I hope to make it to one of these group shoots in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Any preliminary notions as to locations for these? Apologies if it's being discussed elsewhere (I can't find it if so...)
    Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club
    Address: 505 Mosside Blvd, North Versailles, PA 15137
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Westmoreland County)

We're getting close! The individual threads should be up within a week or so. I'm attempting to coordinate this with Emptymag.

I've put some thought in to mixing up the side shoots a bit and have actually come up with a 3 year plan to change things up. Hopefully keeping these fun and exciting for those who wish to participate.

For April 20th we'll kick of the new year with a turkey shoot. These seem to be popular and I want to continue with them. This year will be 1 shot and 1 shot only with a rifle of your choosing. No rules on caliber, open sights and optics are both permitted. The distance will be to the backstop which I think is in the neighborhood of 20-22 yards. The target will be a 1" circle. The goal is to place your shot as close to the center of this circle as possible.

For the June 15th shoot we will be doing a Rimfire rifle bullseye shoot. The target will be an A23 target placed near the backstop. Estimated range is about 20-22 yards. I'm going to loosen up the rules on sights this year so open sights or optics are permitted. The goal of this shoot is to promote basic marksmanship.

The course of fire will be 10 rounds standing, 10 rounds sitting, 10 rounds kneeling and 10 rounds prone unsupported. The time limit will be 5 minutes to fire all 40 rounds.

Shooting mats will be provided. No rimfire rifle, no problem. I have enough to cover a relay. Which rifle you get will be luck of the draw. All I ask is that you provide your own .22 long rifle ammo.

The August 17th shoot will be a new one. We're going to try a combat type pistol shoot. This is limited by our facilities but I think it'll be fun. This is for centerfire service pistols with a minimum caliber of .380 ACP on up to .45 ACP. You need at least two magazines, holsters won't be needed.

The course of fir consists of 36 rounds broke down as follows.

7 yards will be 3 double tap drills for a total of 6 rounds. 5 seconds per string.

15 yards will be firing 6 rounds from the standing position, with an empty gun you will drop to the kneeling position, reload and fire 6 more shots. Time limit will be 1 minute for 12 shots.

15 yards will be firing 6 rounds from a sitting position, with an empty gun drop to the prone position and fire 6 more shots. The time limit will be 1 minute for 12 shots.

20-22 yards will be 6 rounds standing in a 12 second time limit.

All strings start at the ready pistol position. Shooting mats will be provided. The target will be the black B27-E targets.

For the October 19th shoot we're going old school with a Bullseye revolver shoot. The revolvers will be limited to barrels 6" or less in a centerfire service caliber with the minimal accepted being the 38 special.

The course of fire consists of 30 shots at 50 feet on a B27-E target and will be runs as follows.

Slow fire, two 5 shot strings with a 2 minute time limit.
    Timed fire, two 5 shot strings with a 20 second time limit.
    Rapid fire, two five shot string with a ten second time limit.

If you have no revolver there is no problem, I have enough K frame S&W 38 specials to run a relay. Which revolver you get will be luck of the draw. All I ask is that you provide your own brass cased, factory ammo.

To give you some insight and for my own personal records here are the shoots I'm planning for 2020 and 2021.

Pistol turkey shoot.
    Combat centerfire rifle.
    Combat Revolver.
    Bullseye rimfire pistol.

Shotgun turkey shoot.
    Bullseye Centerfire rifle.
    Battle field pick up shoot.
    Bulleye centerfire pistol.

As always any input is welcomed.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Allegheny County)

cant wait !! Thanks

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    We're getting close! The individual threads should be up within a week or so. I'm attempting to coordinate this with Emptymag.

I've put some thought in to mixing up the side shoots a bit and have actually come up with a 3 year plan to change things up. Hopefully keeping these fun and exciting for those who wish to participate.

For April 20th we'll kick of the new year with a turkey shoot. These seem to be popular and I want to continue with them. This year will be 1 shot and 1 shot only with a rifle of your choosing. No rules on caliber, open sights and optics are both permitted. The distance will be to the backstop which I think is in the neighborhood of 20-22 yards. The target will be a 1" circle. The goal is to place your shot as close to the center of this circle as possible.

For the June 15th shoot we will be doing a Rimfire rifle bullseye shoot. The target will be an A23 target placed near the backstop. Estimated range is about 20-22 yards. I'm going to loosen up the rules on sights this year so open sights or optics are permitted. The goal of this shoot is to promote basic marksmanship.

The course of fire will be 10 rounds standing, 10 rounds sitting, 10 rounds kneeling and 10 rounds prone unsupported. The time limit will be 5 minutes to fire all 40 rounds.

Shooting mats will be provided. No rimfire rifle, no problem. I have enough to cover a relay. Which rifle you get will be luck of the draw. All I ask is that you provide your own .22 long rifle ammo.

The August 17th shoot will be a new one. We're going to try a combat type pistol shoot. This is limited by our facilities but I think it'll be fun. This is for centerfire service pistols with a minimum caliber of .380 ACP on up to .45 ACP. You need at least two magazines, holsters won't be needed.

The course of fir consists of 36 rounds broke down as follows.

7 yards will be 3 double tap drills for a total of 6 rounds. 5 seconds per string.

15 yards will be firing 6 rounds from the standing position, with an empty gun you will drop to the kneeling position, reload and fire 6 more shots. Time limit will be 1 minute for 12 shots.

15 yards will be firing 6 rounds from a sitting position, with an empty gun drop to the prone position and fire 6 more shots. The time limit will be 1 minute for 12 shots.

20-22 yards will be 6 rounds standing in a 12 second time limit.

All strings start at the ready pistol position. Shooting mats will be provided. The target will be the black B27-E targets.

For the October 19th shoot we're going old school with a Bullseye revolver shoot. The revolvers will be limited to barrels 6" or less in a centerfire service caliber with the minimal accepted being the 38 special.

The course of fire consists of 30 shots at 50 feet on a B27-E target and will be runs as follows.

Slow fire, two 5 shot strings with a 2 minute time limit.
    Timed fire, two 5 shot strings with a 20 second time limit.
    Rapid fire, two five shot string with a ten second time limit.

If you have no revolver there is no problem, I have enough K frame S&W 38 specials to run a relay. Which revolver you get will be luck of the draw. All I ask is that you provide your own brass cased, factory ammo.

To give you some insight and for my own personal records here are the shoots I'm planning for 2020 and 2021.

Pistol turkey shoot.
    Combat centerfire rifle.
    Combat Revolver.
    Bullseye rimfire pistol.

Shotgun turkey shoot.
    Bullseye Centerfire rifle.
    Battle field pick up shoot.
    Bulleye centerfire pistol.

As always any input is welcomed.
    These all sound awesome. I'm going to try and make a couple shoots out there this year. I know I say that every year, but I really am.

Now you have me thinking about trying something at the summer shoot here. I'm debating a bowling pin match. I have enough pins to set up 2 tables.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm going to try and make a couple shoots out there this year. I know I say that every year, but I really am.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    These all sound awesome. I'm going to try and make a couple shoots out there this year. I know I say that every year, but I really am.

Now you have me thinking about trying something at the summer shoot here. I'm debating a bowling pin match. I have enough pins to set up 2 tables.
    You guys have a lot more real estate than we do. You could come up with some pretty cool stuff.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

(Beaver County)

Really. 6" revolver barrels or less. I might have to buy one to fit that parameter. I dont think I own anything that short. Ya killin me man. Hehehehe

Btw I have multiple cases of bowling pins if anyone needs them for a shoot.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Would need to confirm one way or the other if bowling pins are permitted - I know there was some confusion about that a few years ago.

I'll see if I can get the threads posted up in the next few days.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Would need to confirm one way or the other if bowling pins are permitted - I know there was some confusion about that a few years ago.

I'll see if I can get the threads posted up in the next few days.
    As long as your not including pictures, you should be fine.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast