Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

Has anyone seen this story? A man stabbed his girlfriend in Seattle by the Space Needle and an armed citizen arrived on the scene. The video shows him holding the pistol on the bloodied killer, the killer is advancing on the armed citizen, the armed citizen keeps backing up and does not fire his weapon. This keeps going on for a bit until a security guard runs over and sprays the man with some pepper spray and then the police finally arrive and taze him.

It seems to me that the armed citizen thought the guy would just drop his knife and surrender once he pulled his weapon on him, but he didn't. The armed citizen then did not shoot the knife wielding man but he just kept backing up, so I have to ask the question, once the man didn't surrender and he didn't shoot, what was the point of the guy even having the gun? For all that he did with it, he might as well have been holding a piece of metal. Comments?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

So that everyone can watch what actually happened.

https://nypost.com/video/armed-bysta...lleged-killer/

Check out the old couple starting at the 0.16 mark, walk right past completely and totally oblivious.
    Last edited by Story; November 8th, 2018 at 11:40 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Just because a person is armed with a gun, doesn’t mean they are mentally or physically (or think they are legally) capable of using lethal force in a situation.

Your posted situation is a perfect example.

(Allegheny County)

I suppose none of us really know until that time comes. Real life vs internet talk are two vastly different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I suppose none of us really know until that time comes. Real life vs internet talk are two vastly different situations.
    But we can learn lessons from internet talk.

I really think that he thought that once he pulled the gun, the knifeman would surrender. When that didn't happen, the guy with the gun obviously was not prepared to actually fire the weapon, so he just kept retreating. At that point, the loaded firearm just became a useless piece of metal. The lesson of the story? Perhaps one shouldn't carry a firearm if you are not serious about using it when the time comes.

I have heard police officers say that a man with a knife can close on you really quickly which is why they are very wary of these type of situations. They usually end up shooting the knifeman before he gets too close.
    Last edited by Defender; November 8th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Allegheny County)

I heard that if you have a gun and try to stop a bad guy, you will just end up shooting yourself, or someone else.

Maybe he heard the same thing?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Just because a person is armed with a gun, doesn’t mean they are mentally or physically (or think they are legally) capable of using lethal force in a situation.

Your posted situation is a perfect example.
    BINGO!!

Everyone is a internet warrior or a Billy Badass while they are in the comfort of their own home all safe and sound.

I recently heard a 25 year SF veteran who works in private security and training say Killing ain’t easy even when it’s justifiable and it shouldn’t be.

I like to think I would have fired my pistol especially if my children were present but I can’t answer that for sure as I’ve never been in this situation.

Now I’m sure all the hardened message forum killers on the internet would have John Wicked this guys ass no questions asked.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 9th, 2018 at 12:15 AM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Has anyone seen this story? A man stabbed his girlfriend in Seattle by the Space Needle and an armed citizen arrived on the scene. The video shows him holding the pistol on the bloodied killer, the killer is advancing on the armed citizen, the armed citizen keeps backing up and does not fire his weapon. This keeps going on for a bit until a security guard runs over and sprays the man with some pepper spray and then the police finally arrive and taze him.

It seems to me that the armed citizen thought the guy would just drop his knife and surrender once he pulled his weapon on him, but he didn't. The armed citizen then did not shoot the knife wielding man but he just kept backing up, so I have to ask the question, once the man didn't surrender and he didn't shoot, what was the point of the guy even having the gun? For all that he did with it, he might as well have been holding a piece of metal. Comments?
    Do you know what he was thinking? Who knows? Looks like a suicide-by-cop type death wish to me. Maybe he wanted to delay the inevitable until the police showed up to deal with the perp. Personally, I could understand him not wanting to be forced into an assisted suicide.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, I won't criticize him for not shooting.
    I'm just happy he didn't back into something, or trip and fall. Things could have gotten very ugly.

Could be he wasn't prepared to shoot. Could be he was in no hurry to end a life. Only he knows.

It is a good reminder though that not all people are impressed by that gun you're pointing at them. Some are ready and willing to take it off of you and shove it up your ass.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    .... Maybe he wanted to delay the inevitable until the police showed up to deal with the perp. Personally, I could understand him not wanting to be forced into an assisted suicide.
    This is possible. I bet the armed citizen never thought of this possibility before.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast