Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

Couldn't the armed citizen just shoot the knife out of the offender's hand?

Was this already mentioned? I didn't read all the posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Knife-wielder was angry at girlfriend, not the citizen with the gun. Knife-wielder kept the pressure on the armed citizen, steadily and for considerable time. I would have commanded stop or i will shoot you, and shot him. Knifer could have sprinted at any instant. That threat cannot be overlooked for too long.

If knife wielder wanted suicide by, he would have done something threatening to the arriving police. He did not. He complied instantly. That's what I see, anyway...fwiw.

(Allegheny County)

I don't know why anyone hasn't pointed out the fact that the knife guy was middle eastern.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Did anyone mention the Tueller distance rule of 21 ft - this armed guy was lucky he wasn’t knifed in my opinion. I was told by an instructor that the distance is going to be even longer for that 1.5 sec run burst.
    I understand the gun wasnt holstered but he may still have hesitated if advanced quickly upon.

(Bucks County)

Tueller distance rule of 21 ft involves retrieving a holstered handgun. This case involved a handgun in hand, pointed and ready for use. Problem remains...distance attacker can cover while the attacked recognizes and reacts to the threat. On top of that, even if shot, the attacker well might remain in control of his intentions.
    Last edited by Bang; November 10th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    We're ALL armchairing it.
    The thing about armchair quarterbacking, is that you explain how YOU would have WON if you had been there.

This guy won. Nobody else was hurt, the perp was taken into custody, nobody has to sweat out the news cycle to see if the media pile on and demand charges against the shooter of an "unarmed" black/Arab/gay man/deaf man/yute who was finally getting his life together/gentle giant.

It's surprising (and a little alarming) how many gun owners think that this was not a good outcome. Maybe you want to brush up on recent history and the Pennsylvania statutes. Recall what happened in Ferguson, or to George Zimmerman, or the "Old City Shooter" in Philadelphia.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Washington County)

I don't recall anyone saying they were unhappy with the outcome. Personally, I am very glad that no one else was harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The thing about armchair quarterbacking, is that you explain how YOU would have WON if you had been there.

This guy won. Nobody else was hurt, the perp was taken into custody, nobody has to sweat out the news cycle to see if the media pile on and demand charges against the shooter of an "unarmed" black/Arab/gay man/deaf man/yute who was finally getting his life together/gentle giant.

It's surprising (and a little alarming) how many gun owners think that this was not a good outcome. Maybe you want to brush up on recent history and the Pennsylvania statutes. Recall what happened in Ferguson, or to George Zimmerman, or the "Old City Shooter" in Philadelphia.
    This ^^^^

Knife guy didn't rush the guy with the gun and he was able to draw his gun. If he was rushed he would have lost the fight at that distance. Once the gun was drawn, it only takes a fraction of a second to pull the trigger, way less time then it takes a guy to run at you. He was ready to shoot if something happened but it never did, so he didn't shoot. The guy never charged at him or anyone else with the knife. If he did it would be another story altogether. But the way it all happened he was better off not shooting in this situation. Security was there with their pepper spray and the police were on their way with tasers, guns and handcuffs. Another thing I noticed studying this video clip is.... Don't carry whatever brand pepper spray they were using... It obviously doesn't work very well.
    Last edited by :-); November 11th, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

(Dauphin County)

I haven't watched the video, so I can't comment on that. I can say from what training I get for my job as a security guard is that I yell drop the weapon, and if it's not dropped after the first command I fire two to the body and one to the head. I have also been trained to shoot two to the head and one to the groin. I'd like to believe that if I'm ever in a situation such as this guy, that I could fall back on my training. When I was in the army, it was just "shoot the bastard". To clarify I've never had to shoot someone or even ever had to point a gun at anyone.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ~snip~
    or Kystie Jaehnen whom shot and killed a perp attacking a LEO. Although she was cleared of any criminal wrong doing she is being sued

*I know I've shared this a few times but it seems very relevant in this thread
    Several links to news accounts are shared at the GoFundMe article

https://www.gofundme.com/kystie039s-...campaign=upd_n
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast