Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Jesus Christ, that was hard to watch. Backing up is dangerous. If he tripped, that guy would have been on him in a second. That said, I wasn't there, but considering my own ordeal, I can confidently say I would not be backing up. He would likely have been shot if he continued to ignore commands to stop.
    I would not use my own firearm and be held liable for what ensues in order to bring peace and tranquility to the streets. It's not my job. The guy could have walked away and went on his business. He's not the police. What's actually more disturbing is the police action. Spraying the guy was so pathetic. It didn't make a dent.

(Wayne County)

Good part, there was only one victim.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I would not use my own firearm and be held liable for what ensues in order to bring peace and tranquility to the streets. It's not my job. The guy could have walked away and went on his business. He's not the police. What's actually more disturbing is the police action. Spraying the guy was so pathetic. It didn't make a dent.
    I thought that guy with the pepper spray was just a bystander.

The police tazed him pretty quickly upon arrival.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

As was said, I think the most important thing in the video was a real life demonstration on how ineffective some pepper spray can be.
    People that rely on it should read up on what they have and make sure it's potent and they know how to use it.

The pepper spray wasn't just impotent, the guy ran out of spray while the murderer was unfazed.
    He could have easily been knifed to death, and the CC would have probably hesitated with the pepper guy in the line of fire.

The CC was also much too close to the murderer.
    If you're going to have a gun to knife standoff, you need a minimum of 15 feet between you to be relatively sure you will have enough time to react.
    A person can close the 15 foot distance in under 1 second.

Other than that I thought the CC did fairly well.
    I'm not sure I would have done it that way, but I think he did ok.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    I can't be the only person here who sees this as a win for the armed citizen. He kept his gun on him until cops arrived. He didn't have to shoot a guy that obviously wanted to be shot. The guy was taken into custody. No one else was harmed.
    I agree that the man with the gun did an OK job keeping the man with the knife at bay until the police arrived. I think he understood this guy was now looking to commit suicide by cop/armed citizen after he stabbed his girlfriend to death. I'd have to say though the guy that came into the scene to pepper spray made a bad move. He could have easily been stabbed or taken hostage. Also a younger black guy came out from between those two concession stands looking at his phone like nothing was going on. He too could have been easily stabbed or taken hostage.Just about everyone at the scene acted like it was just another day and no big deal with a guy all bloodied up wielding a knife and another guy pointing a gun at him. I'd say most of those people are brain dead already.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I see it totally differently. The gun played the key part in this. Why did the perp fixate on him? Because he had the gun. He had control. The perp wanted him to fire, correct? But he didn't. He chose to walk back instead of firing. He drew the perp away from the building, he chose to wait until the police came, and he stayed aimed in, so he could have fired at any instant if the status quo changed. That wasn't a fail, it was a huge win.
    Okay, I'll give you that, the perp was fixated on him because he had the gun and as some here have said he wanted a "suidide caused by someone else". I still maintain that the guy with the knife was controlling things, the guy with the gun was always reacting. The guy with the knife could have simply walked away in the other direction, so what was the guy with the gun going to do then, run around in front of the knifeman and then continue on with what was happening just a few seconds before? Now this would have made no sense at all.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Allegheny County)

The responses in this thread are very telling of it's participants mind set.
    It's clear to me that some of you need to spend more time thinking about the real ramifications of pulling that trigger.
    Kudo's to the rest of you.
    Toujours prêt

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The responses in this thread are very telling of it's participants mind set.
    It's clear to me that some of you need to spend more time thinking about the real ramifications of pulling that trigger.
    Kudo's to the rest of you.
    There are also possible ramifications to hesitation, such as being stabbed or getting someone else killed.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    There are also possible ramifications to hesitation, such as being stabbed or getting someone else killed.
    No, you're ASSUMING that he hesitated, instead of considering the possibility that he made a rational decision based on the information he had at the time.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    No, you're ASSUMING that he hesitated, instead of considering the possibility that he made a rational decision based on the information he had at the time.
    We're ALL armchairing it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast