Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    There are also possible ramifications to hesitation, such as being stabbed or getting someone else killed.
    Right, and in another scenario, dropping him dead in his tracks may be the better course of action.

I'm all for bad people dying. The earth is a better place when one of them is removed from society.
    I'd be pleased as punch if the knife wielding killed had been blown away, but the guy with the gun had enough info to suggest that this guy just wanted to be suicided and yeah, if he had lowered his gun to "talk it out" with the guy, that would have been insane, but he kept the handgun trained on him the entire time - ready to act if the need arose.

The guy with the gun was in a shitty situation - worse than simply using force to defend his own life.
    He was being "used" - being coaxed into killing a man who wanted to be killed - not a man who was attacking him.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Just because a person is armed with a gun, doesn’t mean they are mentally or physically (or think they are legally) capable of using lethal force in a situation.

Your posted situation is a perfect example.
    This happened to a Sheriff's deputy in N. Ft. Myers during an active shooting situation. The deputy was found crouching next to his vehicle after the incident.

Also happened just recently in Broward County.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Berks County)

They guy needs to make the rounds on the morning shows so he can 'splain to us what he was thinking and why he did it the way he did.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    No, you're ASSUMING that he hesitated, instead of considering the possibility that he made a rational decision based on the information he had at the time.
    I'm not ruling that out. I just question if it was a wise decision. I'm trying to show the possible negative outcomes, since I feel like I'm being portrayed by some as trigger happy, and I don't believe that to actually be the case.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They guy needs to make the rounds on the morning shows so he can 'splain to us what he was thinking and why he did it the way he did.
    Way back on page 7 Scruff posted a link.

Here's what the guy said...
    "I have a concealed weapons license," said Scott Brown. "(The suspect) was just walking away calmly. I pulled out my firearm and he refused - he kept moving towards me. He said, 'shoot me, shoot me. I killed the only girl I ever loved...I don't have anything left.' Someone maced him. A minute or two later the police arrived.

“I got next to him and I pulled out my gun and stepped in front of him," Brown said. "As soon as he saw that I had a firearm, he started trying to convince me to shoot him... and I didn’t want to shoot him.”

Frankie Dean, the man who recorded the confrontation on his cellphone, said the suspect kept saying his girlfriend had taken away his child and begged to be shot dead.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Way back on page 7 Scruff posted a link.

Here's what the guy said...
    So what your saying is words matter and the dude with the gun listened to them and reacted to them accordingly?
    Wow who would have ever thought of that?

I mean if he dropped him after the guy was begging to be shot it's not like there would have been any witnesses or evidence of what was being said.

We're ALL armchairing it.
    Ahh no just the people who believed there should have been a different outcome are.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

We're ALL armchairing it.
    Exactly. But some people here didn't even watch the video, let alone look at other sources. For instance, the guy said he was thinking about the 4-yr old. He felt bad that the kid may have lost his mother, and that apparently factored into his decision to not suicide the dad. If we're going to armchair it, it would help to know something about the case.

So... we can look at the evidence and at least consider the possibility that he acted rationally, or we can just blindly assume "bad guy not dead, so armed guy choked."

(Wyoming County)

Exactly. But some people here didn't even watch the video, let alone look at other sources. For instance, the guy said he was thinking about the 4-yr old. He felt bad that the kid may have lost his mother, and that apparently factored into his decision to not suicide the dad. If we're going to armchair it, it would help to know something about the case.

So... we can look at the evidence and at least consider the possibility that he acted rationally, or we can just blindly assume "bad guy not dead, so armed guy choked."
    To my knowledge - I'm the only person here that made it clear that I didn't watch the video. I also made it abundantly clear that that in my opinion the armed citizen had no duty to shoot the killer. He survived uninjured and as far as I am concerned this was a pass-fail event. In my opinion he passed.

If my comments were misunderstood I assume it was because I tried to convey that I felt it would be different if a on duty cop were in his shoes. I feel a police officer would have a higher obligation to stop the threat right then and there. I say this because of a previous incident where cops pissed around with a knife welding asshole that ultimately took another hostage whom the cops then killed in the ensuing gunfire.

Ultimately the damn footage made the evening news and I sat through it. I have not changed my mind
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; November 10th, 2018 at 05:21 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Berks County)

I'm not denying that he acted rationally, he was cool, calm and collected, I just wouldn't have faulted him for shooting an aggressor who was approaching him with a knife after committing murder and I feel like now society is going to have to pay to keep the guy for the rest of his life.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast