Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Do you know what he was thinking? Who knows? Looks like a suicide-by-cop type death wish to me. Maybe he wanted to delay the inevitable until the police showed up to deal with the perp. Personally, I could understand him not wanting to be forced into an assisted suicide.
    Exactly what I thought. Gun guy kept moving back, keeping a steady space (probably not enough space) between him and knife guy. It seemed pretty clear that Knife guy wanted to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, I won't criticize him for not shooting.
    I'm just happy he didn't back into something, or trip and fall. Things could have gotten very ugly.

Could be he wasn't prepared to shoot. Could be he was in no hurry to end a life. Only he knows.

It is a good reminder though that not all people are impressed by that gun you're pointing at them. Some are ready and willing to take it off of you and shove it up your ass.
    Very True.

While in many cases just pulling a firearm can quickly defuse a situation it is definitely not a given especially when dealing with hardened criminals or the insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    So that everyone can watch what actually happened.

https://nypost.com/video/armed-bysta...lleged-killer/

Check out the old couple starting at the 0.16 mark, walk right past completely and totally oblivious.
    Jesus Christ, that was hard to watch. Backing up is dangerous. If he tripped, that guy would have been on him in a second. That said, I wasn't there, but considering my own ordeal, I can confidently say I would not be backing up. He would likely have been shot if he continued to ignore commands to stop.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Just because a person is armed with a gun, doesn’t mean they are mentally or physically (or think they are legally) capable of using lethal force in a situation.

Your posted situation is a perfect example.

It reminds me of the thread I recently posted about all the bystanders at an accident scene, and someone pointed out that just because someone has training, doesn't mean they'll have the gumption to actually put it in use.

(Perry County)

I just watched it on Facebook. While the killer did walk toward the armed citizen, he kept his arms out and didn't run at him. I think he did fine given the circumstances. The question is was he ready to shoot if the knife wielder ran at him or tried to stab someone else. I recall the video with the cops not shooting soon enough and the knife wielder ending up with a hostage that died in the crossfire.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

The prosecutors in Seattle are not like most of the prosecutors in Pennsylvania. And the media are perfectly capable of seeing a man with a knife but no gun, and writing a headline "unarmed man shot by gunman". Just like they call rioters with clubs and rocks "unarmed". Just like they spread the "hands up, don't shoot" myth.

Situational awareness includes understanding the legal environment.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Washington County)

I can't be the only person here who sees this as a win for the armed citizen. He kept his gun on him until cops arrived. He didn't have to shoot a guy that obviously wanted to be shot. The guy was taken into custody. No one else was harmed.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Delaware County)

I'm sort of out of this, as a 30 year veteran of the Philadelphia PD.
    I'd have dropped the guy.
    But, I think he did well, under the circumstances.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    I can't be the only person here who sees this as a win for the armed citizen. He kept his gun on him until cops arrived. He didn't have to shoot a guy that obviously wanted to be shot. The guy was taken into custody. No one else was harmed.

Nope definitely a win.

(York County)

Armed CCWer needs to stop carrying.

Need to pull your weapon because you intend to USE your weapon.....................and rid society of evil.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast