Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Armed CCWer needs to stop carrying.

Need to pull your weapon because you intend to USE your weapon.....................and rid society of evil.
    No. You pull your weapon because you are prepared to use it. Big difference. If I pull it, I am prepared to use my weapon, but hopefully won't need to.

I think the guy did OK. First and foremost, he remained calm. He kept bad guys attention from others. He had room to move, and used it, keeping bad guy at safe distance. And he can account for every round he started with.

He still had options, and never let the bad guy get close enough that the only option was to fire.

What I find more striking is the security guy on the Segway who does little to intervene in the situation. Now, I don't know if he's armed or not, or what his training is, but it seems like he could have definitely done more.

(Delaware County)

I'm with the guys who say he did OK. There's more to situational awareness than the guy with the knife. There are passersby, there may be over penetration and ricochet, the armed citizen may very well have been aware of his surroundings as well as the threat itself. As for "ridding the world of evil", that's God's job, not mine. As for saving the taxpayers' money, that (sad to say) is the government's job, not mine.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I once was getting my riding gear on leaving a friends house after a late eagles game on a dark street when two fellas visibly drinking with quarts in paper bags walked up to me and said "we are taking that motorcycle" I simply opened my jacket to show them my stainless 1911 in a shoulder holster, stating to them "you don't want this bike,move along" they became very polite saying its cool we were joking, down the street they went.

So you are suggesting I should have drawn and shot them both ?
    Not even an applicable analogy. If they drew a knife and came at you, then yes, shoot, or maybe you would back away and tell them that they can have the bike but I wouldn't.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

And I am taking into account the countless taxpayer dollars that will now be spent to prosecute the perp and keep him alive for the next 60 years. He will never make it on his own again.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

At the very high risk of getting serious mental health issues from taking a life, and the tons of money required to then defend that choice, I don't think this guy did much wrong.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    At the very high risk of getting serious mental health issues from taking a life, and the tons of money required to then defend that choice, I don't think this guy did much wrong.
    How would you feel if the maniac had stabbed another bystander while the paper weight holder was contemplating his mental health and legal fees? Would you still be as understanding?

He was lucky, and he probably might as well just save himself the future lower back strain and leave the gun at home.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaseman View Post
    No. You pull your weapon because you are prepared to use it. Big difference. If I pull it, I am prepared to use my weapon, but hopefully won't need to.

I think the guy did OK. First and foremost, he remained calm. He kept bad guys attention from others. He had room to move, and used it, keeping bad guy at safe distance. And he can account for every round he started with.

He still had options, and never let the bad guy get close enough that the only option was to fire.

What I find more striking is the security guy on the Segway who does little to intervene in the situation. Now, I don't know if he's armed or not, or what his training is, but it seems like he could have definitely done more.
    As for the security guy, I'm betting he did his "job" and called the police.
    Nothing more required and probably nothing more is permitted.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    As for the security guy, I'm betting he did his "job" and called the police.
    Nothing more required and probably nothing more is permitted.
    Don't necessarily disagree. I'm not in security, so I have no idea what is involved. It just initially struck me as odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    And I am taking into account the countless taxpayer dollars that will now be spent to prosecute the perp and keep him alive for the next 60 years. He will never make it on his own again.
    Yes and it's quite possible those same tax payers will rule against you in a civil and or criminal case especially in Seattle.

This was the best possible outcome in this type of situation period.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    How would you feel if the maniac had stabbed another bystander while the paper weight holder was contemplating his mental health and legal fees? Would you still be as understanding?

He was lucky, and he probably might as well just save himself the future lower back strain and leave the gun at home.
    Coulda woulda shoulda...........
    It's all easy to say from the comfort of your couch.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast