Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Armed Citizen With Gun Does Nothing

The lack of reaction around the situation... Guy yelling with gun, another guy with knife... Nothing to see here, just passing by... rolleyes:
    I would have took the long way around or the other direction. lol.
    Last edited by :-); November 9th, 2018 at 07:02 AM.

I was in a similar situation, kind of.. A guy was advancing on me, taking off his shoes,
    ready to karate me, all the while I was backing up, ready to draw if needed but didnt.
    I just kept backing up turning my head to see where I was going, then two people came to my rescue.

I guess I didn't feel threatened, kept my cool.

(Lancaster County)

I actually think the guy did OK,not great just OK kept the guy contained and focused on him till the law showed up, now he won't face any heinous charges, class action suits from dozens of anti groups, did not have his gun confiscated, the perp is apprehended, no further casualties. personally I thought the perp wanted to get shot, but it got real for him when the law showed up

Or he may have been thinking about his glock going kaboom or his reloads not going bang or his economy aftermarket magazine functioning,should have installed better sights..... if we really want to over internet armchair analyze things

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    I can't be the only person here who sees this as a win for the armed citizen. He kept his gun on him until cops arrived. He didn't have to shoot a guy that obviously wanted to be shot. The guy was taken into custody. No one else was harmed.
    No, you're not the only one. It was a good outcome. I'm always reluctant to criticize someone in situations like these without knowing what their thought process was.

I also wonder what gun he had. If it was a .380 sub-compact with 6+1 rounds, for example, it might have been safer to use time and distance to protect himself than to try to take down a crazy person with a knife who might charge at him after the first shot.

It's not like he just froze and didn't shoot. Strategic movement, situational awareness, verbal commands, staying on target, breathing control, running scenarios in his head as he thinks through his own rules of engagement, it's not like he wasn't doing anything -the thread title is wrong. There's no evidence this was a choke, except to Intetnet commandos.
    Last edited by scruff; November 9th, 2018 at 08:17 AM.

I can't be the only person here who sees this as a win for the armed citizen. He kept his gun on him until cops arrived. He didn't have to shoot a guy that obviously wanted to be shot. The guy was taken into custody. No one else was harmed.
    I wonder if he would have shot if the knifeman had suddenly run towards one of those innocent bystanders and stabbed or attempted to stab one of them? Now you would have had a bystander in the mix all the while just seconds before he would have had a clear shot. This could have turned out very badly because of his inaction.

I know we are all speculating here with everything, and I know one should shoot at the center of body mass, but since the armed citizen had the time and didn't want to kill the dude, why not try to shoot the perp in the upper thigh, or maybe a shoulder? That would have dropped the guy and it would have been better than him backing up and like someone else here said tripping and falling and getting stabbed himself.
    Last edited by Defender; November 9th, 2018 at 08:20 AM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I actually think the guy did OK,not great just OK kept the guy contained and focused on him till the law showed up, now he won't face any heinous charges, class action suits from dozens of anti groups, did not have his gun confiscated, the perp is apprehended, no further casualties. personally I thought the perp wanted to get shot, but it got real for him when the law showed up

Or he may have been thinking about his glock going kaboom or his reloads not going bang or his economy aftermarket magazine functioning,should have installed better sights..... if we really want to over internet armchair analyze things
    Again, what was the point of him carrying a weapon?
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Some people who carry for self defense and when presented with a life or death scenario will fail at their own defense backing away . Same happens in Wartime some individuals will freeze up and not shoot,but happens less because they have been trained to a degree . A strong indicator is back wounds buttock wounds .It only takes one time upon returning to the field that they want their payback and braver to face the enemy decidely !Had the knife wielder lunged at the guy with his firearm he may or may not have used deadly physical force ! He needs to re-evaluate why he carrys any firearm !

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Again, what was the point of him carrying a weapon?
    Is the point of carrying a gun to shoot someone? In other words, if you carry a gun and don't shoot everyone you're legally or morally justified in shooting, is that automatically a fail?

(Bucks County)

He did fine, and he avoided all the legal bills that could have followed a shoot! Also, he is probably kicking himself for carrying with no round in the chamber. You know, it’s entirely possible he did not trail enough, realized the gun wasn’t ready, then couldn’t recall the steps to knock the safety off, and rack the gun. Or worse, he carries with the internal trigger lock engaged, and that day, had walked out the door with his wife’s keys that do not have a key to the internal trigger lock. Hell, he might be a real tool and had a big orange trigger lock on it that the helpful girlie-boy with a badge at the Bucks County courthouse told him he has to keep on the gun at all times!

(Washington County)

The best I can do is say the guy got lucky that his inability to act didn't end with more innocent bloodshed.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast