Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Carbon County)

Exclamation Weaver's Gun Shop

I recently stopped in at weavers, the local dive that some call a gun shop. In the past I have bought all my ammo and cleaning supplies, as well as a holster for my .45 from Phil. Never exactly the most polite or presentable person, never had anything nice to say about anybody once they walk out of his store. I had been in several times to check the price on a gun that I'd been saving for, as well as to see if he had obtained anything new. And he would always greet me as "Boy who's always here and never spends money."
    Well, earlier this week, i stopped by, and saw that he had a used Smith and Wesson model 60, which i have been looking to buy. I made the mistake of attempting to write the price down. HOLY HELL!!! What was i thinking?!? Phil came running around the corner of his counter, arms flailing, spit flying yelling and screaming at me saying, and i quote, "What the f*** are you doing? You're in here all the f***ing time `looking`, never spending money, and always writing f***ing prices down. Ill tell you what you are, you're a god-damned spy for that d-bag Flynn, in here like all his other spies copying my prices. Get the f*** out of my store and don't f***ing come back until you have money to actually buy something!"

Flynn would be the owner of the cleaner, better stocked, better lit store who has more personality that a teaspoon, and who treats you like a person. Id like to add that regardless of how 'brave' you are, it is pretty tough to keep your composure in front of an angry, overreacting, overweight gun toting maniac. Just my personal opinion here, but Phil has given me reason to believe that he should be the only exception to the second amendment, let alone be allowed to run a store which allows you to preserve your right to said amendment.

Like I said, I purchased from him many times in the past, never a gun, but plenty of other stuff, and this is how he treats his repeat customers? It's understandable why he always has the same three people in his store..they're probably the only people who will listen to his raving lunacies and demeaning comments. I just hope that they know that he probably has nothing nice to say about them either once they leave. Needless to say, he definitely lost my business, and when i do have the money, you can guarantee I will not be handing it over to Phil.

Hopefully others will read this, as well as the startling amount of other negative comments I have seen on this forum, heed their warning, and go somewhere else. Oh, and Mr Weaver...Phil, if you read this, I want you to know that i would gladly hand my money to a bum on the streets of Philly before i gave any more to you.
    Heckler&Koch USP .45 Tactical Smith&Wesson M&P9c

Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

Ah yes, I was looking for a bolt action 22 for my daughter and I went there. The fellow at the counter was talking to someone I assumed was another customer. It was the second time I was in there and had some time to kill, so I poked around. Finally, I was acknowledged and subsequently informed that he didn't have anything like what I was looking for. I went 'up the road' a ways and walked out with not only what I was looking for, but the equivalent price of the rifle again in ammo and accesories.

(Monroe County)

Yup, sounds like Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn_alleged_spy View Post
    I recently stopped in at weavers, the local dive that some call a gun shop. In the past I have bought all my ammo and cleaning supplies, as well as a holster for my .45 from Phil. Never exactly the most polite or presentable person, never had anything nice to say about anybody once they walk out of his store. I had been in several times to check the price on a gun that I'd been saving for, as well as to see if he had obtained anything new. And he would always greet me as "Boy who's always here and never spends money."
    Well, earlier this week, i stopped by, and saw that he had a used Smith and Wesson model 60, which i have been looking to buy. I made the mistake of attempting to write the price down. HOLY HELL!!! What was i thinking?!? Phil came running around the corner of his counter, arms flailing, spit flying yelling and screaming at me saying, and i quote, "What the f*** are you doing? You're in here all the f***ing time `looking`, never spending money, and always writing f***ing prices down. Ill tell you what you are, you're a god-damned spy for that d-bag Flynn, in here like all his other spies copying my prices. Get the f*** out of my store and don't f***ing come back until you have money to actually buy something!"

Flynn would be the owner of the cleaner, better stocked, better lit store who has more personality that a teaspoon, and who treats you like a person. Id like to add that regardless of how 'brave' you are, it is pretty tough to keep your composure in front of an angry, overreacting, overweight gun toting maniac. Just my personal opinion here, but Phil has given me reason to believe that he should be the only exception to the second amendment, let alone be allowed to run a store which allows you to preserve your right to said amendment.

Like I said, I purchased from him many times in the past, never a gun, but plenty of other stuff, and this is how he treats his repeat customers? It's understandable why he always has the same three people in his store..they're probably the only people who will listen to his raving lunacies and demeaning comments. I just hope that they know that he probably has nothing nice to say about them either once they leave. Needless to say, he definitely lost my business, and when i do have the money, you can guarantee I will not be handing it over to Phil.

Hopefully others will read this, as well as the startling amount of other negative comments I have seen on this forum, heed their warning, and go somewhere else. Oh, and Mr Weaver...Phil, if you read this, I want you to know that i would gladly hand my money to a bum on the streets of Philly before i gave any more to you.

(Pike County)

Everyone seems to have problems at Weaver's, except me for some reason not known to mankind. I bought my first handgun in Pa there, and more since, and have never had a problem or been treated badly there.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Everyone seems to have problems at Weaver's, except me for some reason not known to mankind. I bought my first handgun in Pa there, and more since, and have never had a problem or been treated badly there.
    It's just not your turn. Don't worry it will come.

I use to like many others buy from Phil. I was once a customer too.
    I opened my shop willing and wanting to work together both me and Phil were what I thought Friends. Well did I find out different! I in the beginning had nothing but good things to say about Phil in my own shop. I also stuck up for him in my own shop. But it didn't take long for the shit to start coming out of that big mouth of his.

I also keept quiet about it in the first year or so . NOT ANY MORE!!!

Things have got progressively worse over the past few years with his and my store. We hate each other and these days I am fine with that.

I use to think Phil was a stand up guy. As a matter of fact he is so far from that it is ridicules.

I do not send Spy’s into anyone's store. I don't care what other people sell there stuff for. I mark things up and sell them for what I can afford to sell them for. I also could care less about other people and the way they run a business.

(Monroe County)

I feel bad in that one post a while back I got you two mixed up. My bad.

I never had a problem at Weavers, it`s maybe the vibe. I used to go in there a lot before the old man sold it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I feel bad in that one post a while back I got you two mixed up. My bad.

I never had a problem at Weavers, it`s maybe the vibe. I used to go in there a lot before the old man sold it.
    Don't worry about it. I already forgot about it. Shit happens.

(Carbon County)

I just had a couple of things I want to add to the thread.
    1) Attacking the man's wife is not cool. Understandably, it was done in the blind overflow of rage directed at the hapless halfwit who owns and operates the shop(albeit rather poorly)

2) To defend the man based on his point of origin is, in fact, asinine. I myself was born and raised on Staten Island, deep in the urban wasteland of New York. I spent a large portion of my life with people from each borough, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, and of course, Staten Island. I have never, in all my time there, come across anybody quite like Phil. To say that he is like that because he is from Brooklyn is just as bad as saying that things "will no longer be as American as apple pie and baseball, but as watermelon and basketball." Defense based on stereotype is no different in my book than attacking his wife.

3)Granted I'm not entirely Italian, maybe it's the Irish mixed in, but to blame his attitude on his genealogy is stereotyping as well.

4)I have nothing against anybody who continues to shop at that hole. I just want other people to know how he treats repeat customer's, because, as I said when I started this thread, I originally bought ALL my ammo and supplies there; holsters, extra mags, cleaning gear. I even had the intent to buy my new smith and wesson M&P from him. Unfortunately I didn't realize what a bad idea it was for me to have made the, obviously, CONSCIOUS DECISION, to have a poor memory, and therefore need to write things down. If you have no problems with him, his decrepit hole in the wall dive, slovenly attitude, or lack of personal hygiene, then more power to you. I however will not be going to him. EVER.

On an unrelated note. does anybody know where i night be able to find a grip extension for the magazine of an M&P compact 9? And if anyone says Phil has one, I'd like it known that HE couldn't pay ME to take it off his hands.
    Heckler&Koch USP .45 Tactical Smith&Wesson M&P9c

(Monroe County)

Yeah I went in there once looking for some 30.30 LeverEvolution rounds and received quite a tongue lashing about the "Fucking companies won't fucking sell the rounds to anyone but fuckin Cabelas, I can't even fucking order the pieces of shit" The woman I spoke with before she asked Phil for help was pleasant

Thanks him and told him I'd go buy them from Cabelas

Went in there a second time, hey on occasion people have bad days right? Picked up some self defense rounds at a good price and he basically told me they were the greatest deal and I better not bother trying to find them at another price as his was the best so no haggling. I asked if they were reloads as all the boxes looked like they had been opened and closed a few times, he very rudely informed he didn't sell piece of shit reloads... damn, I like cheap ammo.

I don't know where he got the impression that I was going to haggle. I told him I know they are a good price, hence why I was buying them, paid and left.

I won't be back there again. American Sport Shooting is a much nicer store, the guys are much nicer to deal with and I don't have to worry about getting cursed out
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

Hey! I had to comment on this one. I don't live anywhere near you guys, but we have three local independent dealers in our area that I used to frequent: Shyda's, Glenn's Guns and Bob Enck's Gun Barn. Shyda didn't care if I bought or not and they treated me decently. I would buy a lot of reloading stuff there because of it. Glenn treated you failry well, had good prices and I bought a lot of guns from him years ago. He always promised to buy back from me at what I paid or better if I decided to get rid of anything. Liar! I sold most of my guns for a downpayment on a home many years ago and he was rude, insulting at the price he offered and I basically figured "f*** him! He didn't offer me shit on anything and I walked out of there and sold everything at Horst's Auction for more than I paid!!
    Encks: Always acted like I was wasting his time and had a shitty personality. I'm so glad that I lost most of my interest in guns and shooting and started riding motorcycle socially and playing church softball !

-TimZ

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn_alleged_spy View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast