Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

I've gone there numerous times and never had a problem. He has held guns for me and has even gotten new untouched guns if he doesn't have it. I mean he has been nothing but great for me, and if I want a gun and he doesn't have it in stock he is willing to order for it for me. He been fair with my trade-in's as well. I've been in most of the local shops some good some not so good. I've been treated well by him and I will continue only going to him.

(Carbon County)

Phil, like any man or woman out there, IS capable of being nice. I won't deny that. And apparently he is able to treat some people with the kindness they deserve as human beings. However, a kind act does not a kind man make. I speak only from my own personal experiences in his hole-in-the-wall "shop." I know how I have been treated, how he has spoken of people after they walk out his door, how he has treated me on the phone and in person. I don't begrudge anybody who choses to shop there...however i give you only this to think about...It probably just isn't your time, yet.
    Heckler&Koch USP .45 Tactical Smith&Wesson M&P9c

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jquinn_alleged_spy View Post
    I don't begrudge anybody who choses to shop there...however i give you only this to think about...It probably just isn't your time, yet.
    It may be because I`m a couple years older or how I conduct myself. I`ve rarely if ever been dissed to my face and that includes the times I`ve confronted pissed commuters that tailgate my 18 wheeler down 715 at 5AM when I see them in Wawa. If any shop owner disrespects me I ill make them aware of it immediately then leave. What somebody says behind my back means nothing but they are a coward. Both shops in the West End plus Tannersville have always treated me well, even when I`m just window shopping or pricing.

(Monroe County)

I am sorry if i gave the impression that Phil is the way he is because he is Italian from Brooklyn, i dont want to stereotype anyone, but having grown up in NYC , yes, SOME italians from Brooklyn do have that peculiar personality.

Phil has always been a gentleman in my presence and a honorable person to do business with, never a problem with him or his wife.

Though i have never met Rich from the other store down the road i spoke to him via e-mail and he too seem a gentleman.

Actually i find Phil's little store Quaint, reminds me of a little old country store, it does smell like a gunshop, except of course when phil lights up his Dominican Cigars.

Nyman

(Northampton County)

Exclamation Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

Makes me wonder how safe it is going into his store....temper+pistol on hip.

Been in there year ago. Not again.

(Lackawanna County)

I was in Weavers this past summer and was actually pretty impressed witht he stock he had in his converted garage store. His wife was very friendly to both me and my young daughter. On the other hand the heavier guy who was in the back room ( I believe to be Phil ) was pretty nasty in general. I was looking for a magazine for a Ruger mark 1 and the guy about bit my head off for asking if he had one.

When I questioned if he would match a competitors price on a .45 Glock he had in the case with the price of Gun Toters (Scranton, Eynon local store) he actually took offense that I would even ask him. It was really strange I started to think maybe he was on medication or something from how he acted.

Believe it or not I have been to multiple other stores down in that area including both locations of Warners as well as American Sport Shooting. Most times I am just window shopping for price and new products. I know the dealers are not making boatloads of money on their sales. I do however tend to think that customer service goes a long way. If I feel like a salesperson or even the owner of a store is not treating me respectfully or is upset with me for spending some of my money at a competitor that upsets me.

If I am going to drop several hundred dollars on a new gun I want to feel completely comfortable not only with the purchase but also with the company and company representation as well as service I am given as a customer. I want to know that if I buy this gun today Ia m not going to see the same gun or better condition gun somewhere else for 50 dollars cheaper tomorrow. I also like to know that if need be the company I bought the gun from will help to stand by my purchase should the need arise for me to return the gun to the factory for servicing of manufacturer defects.

I will say this much though of the stores in the broadheadsville, tannersville area I do think that American Sport Shooting is probably the best customer service. Even if they cannot compete with the big box retailers on ammo pricing. It seems none of the smaller shops can not even at gun shows.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson

(Carbon County)

Hello all...I was just browsing to see what gun shops are around in Carbon County since I am moving to Albrightsville next month after 14 yrs in the Army. I can see where not to go now but I will need to check it. I was hoping some of you guys can send some info of where all the toy stores are. Also range and hunting spots.....looking for shooting and hunting buddies. I like playing with my toys. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234