Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

Things were bad with the former owner, but I was able to tolorate him due to joe, once phil took over and joe left he became worse than old man weaver. I walked in their once and wanted to look at a springfield he had their and his first words to me was are you going to buy it of finger fuck it, mind you my 6yr old was with me and my wife, I told him to forget it and walked away. I will never go back to him even if his price is lower, I would rather spend a few bucks more down the road and get treated with respect. It has been awhile since I have been to American Shooting Sports but when I have the money they will get it.

(Carbon County)

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who has had a problem with this guy. Like I said, I used to buy EVERYTHING from him, ammo, cleaning supplies, even holsters. Personally, I find it disheartening that he would treat a return customer like this; especially considering what word of mouth can do to a business. If someone is that paranoid and delusional, perhaps he is in the wrong business...On the one hand, it is understandable why he would want to surround himself with guns. On the other hand, however...a gun in the wrong person's hands will undoubtedly do the wrong thing. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... Not to mention that a hair trigger and a short fuse are dangerous when put together.

Someone who runs a Gun Shop is someone who is standing up for your right to own and bear firearms. Someone who is as petty and close-minded as Phil has made himself out to be, willing to kick a customer out for looking, is as bad as those people who wish to disarm the country and take that right away from us. They may think they're doing the right thing...but they aren't really thinking. And to disrespect someone the way he did further encroaches on our rights. While I personally would love nothing more than to start a boycott on Phil, I will not sink to his level. I will continue to inform the people i know about his store, but I will also tell them that once they tire of being ignored or verbally abused that there are many other shops around, the closest being less than a mile away. Besides, if I were to sink to his level, he'll just beat me with experience.

Like i said, thanks for the support everyone. Its good to know that there are other understanding people out there.
    Heckler&Koch USP .45 Tactical Smith&Wesson M&P9c

(Monroe County)

I have had a like situation at weavers im a young guy and not made of money. Love the post man, He called me the Big Spender!! lol he is a lil unsavy on how busness is conducted sorry you had that experance , Rich is a awsome guy he will take good care of you.
    Last edited by Pvandunk; October 7th, 2008 at 06:04 PM.
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Monroe County)

My hats off to Mr. Flynn as well. His team is always ready to help you out with any question. I thought about paying a visit to Weaver's just to get a feel for the other businesses near my home, but after reading these posts I'll spend my money elsewhere.

(Luzerne County)

Sounds like another gun shop owner who is indepedently wealthy and doesn't need our money!
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

(Carbon County)

Talking Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109 View Post
    Sounds like another gun shop owner who is indepedently wealthy and doesn't need our money!
    If wealthy is a big pile of shit,then yes phil is wealthy!!! I wouldn't buy a hot dog off of that washwoman!!!!!!!!!!

(Carbon County)

Independently wealthy isn't exactly the term I'd use...but apparently he doesn't need any of my money..and obviously I'm not the only one. Well I just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P compact 9mm, and needless to say, not from him. Haven't gotten to a range yet, but hopefully soon. Plus I paid about $450 for it. Probably saved $200 over that schmuck.
    Heckler&Koch USP .45 Tactical Smith&Wesson M&P9c

(Carbon County)

I agree,
    I have been verbally abused in the past by that worthless waste of protoplasm, and have not spent a dime in his dingy, unwashed, store.
    If he was independently wealthy, you'd think that he would at least occasionally wash the carpets.
    He should be wealthy with all the money he saves on shaving, deodorant, and cleaning his food stained t-shirts.

I think the reason why he carries two guns prominently is due to a certain sense of inadequacy about his sasquach wife having a unit bigger than his.

As I have said repeatedly in the past, Vote with your wallet. If a Gun Shop owner is treating you badly, go elsewhere. In this economy, regardless of the current run on shops due to the election, people are being much more careful as to what they are spending money on. Nastiness and condescention on an owners part does not have to be tolerated.

To put it simply- If enough customers go elsewhere, the business will starve, f**k off, and die. Case closed.
    Last edited by ccp72; November 12th, 2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: More to add.

(Monroe County)

Incidentally, attacking a man's wife is poor taste, apparently you have lowered yourself beneath Phil, Cathy is a lovely lady that does not deserved to be belittled like this.

Phil can be a little rough around the edges, but arent we all a little eccentric at times?

nyman

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Incidentally, attacking a man's wife is poor taste, apparently you have lowered yourself beneath Phil, Cathy is a lovely lady that does not deserved to be belittled like this.

Phil can be a little rough around the edges, but arent we all a little eccentric at times?

nyman
    Upon reflection, it may have been in poor taste to belittle Cathy, but it is impossible to be lower than Phil. To call Phil eccentric is like calling a fresh steaming pile of bovine excrement a "poot". He does nothing but insult everyone who walks in his door.

Thanks for the comment though, sometimes I let my dislike of Phil get the better of me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast