Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Weaver's Gun Shop

    I recently stopped in at weavers, the local dive that some call a gun shop. In the past I have bought all my ammo and cleaning supplies, as well as a holster for my .45 from Phil. Never exactly the most polite or presentable person, never had anything nice to say about anybody once they walk out of his store. I had been in several times to check the price on a gun that I'd been saving for, as well as to see if he had obtained anything new. And he would always greet me as "Boy who's always here and never spends money."
    Well, earlier this week, i stopped by, and saw that he had a used Smith and Wesson model 60, which i have been looking to buy. I made the mistake of attempting to write the price down. HOLY HELL!!! What was i thinking?!? Phil came running around the corner of his counter, arms flailing, spit flying yelling and screaming at me saying, and i quote, "What the f*** are you doing? You're in here all the f***ing time `looking`, never spending money, and always writing f***ing prices down. Ill tell you what you are, you're a god-damned spy for that d-bag Flynn, in here like all his other spies copying my prices. Get the f*** out of my store and don't f***ing come back until you have money to actually buy something!"

    Flynn would be the owner of the cleaner, better stocked, better lit store who has more personality that a teaspoon, and who treats you like a person. Id like to add that regardless of how 'brave' you are, it is pretty tough to keep your composure in front of an angry, overreacting, overweight gun toting maniac. Just my personal opinion here, but Phil has given me reason to believe that he should be the only exception to the second amendment, let alone be allowed to run a store which allows you to preserve your right to said amendment.

    Like I said, I purchased from him many times in the past, never a gun, but plenty of other stuff, and this is how he treats his repeat customers? It's understandable why he always has the same three people in his store..they're probably the only people who will listen to his raving lunacies and demeaning comments. I just hope that they know that he probably has nothing nice to say about them either once they leave. Needless to say, he definitely lost my business, and when i do have the money, you can guarantee I will not be handing it over to Phil.

    Hopefully others will read this, as well as the startling amount of other negative comments I have seen on this forum, heed their warning, and go somewhere else. Oh, and Mr Weaver...Phil, if you read this, I want you to know that i would gladly hand my money to a bum on the streets of Philly before i gave any more to you.
    Heckler&Koch USP .45 Tactical Smith&Wesson M&P9c

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Clay County, Florida
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    266

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Ah yes, I was looking for a bolt action 22 for my daughter and I went there. The fellow at the counter was talking to someone I assumed was another customer. It was the second time I was in there and had some time to kill, so I poked around. Finally, I was acknowledged and subsequently informed that he didn't have anything like what I was looking for. I went 'up the road' a ways and walked out with not only what I was looking for, but the equivalent price of the rifle again in ammo and accesories.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    blakeslee, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    1,721
    Rep Power
    28714

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Yup, sounds like Phil.


    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn_alleged_spy View Post
    I recently stopped in at weavers, the local dive that some call a gun shop. In the past I have bought all my ammo and cleaning supplies, as well as a holster for my .45 from Phil. Never exactly the most polite or presentable person, never had anything nice to say about anybody once they walk out of his store. I had been in several times to check the price on a gun that I'd been saving for, as well as to see if he had obtained anything new. And he would always greet me as "Boy who's always here and never spends money."
    Well, earlier this week, i stopped by, and saw that he had a used Smith and Wesson model 60, which i have been looking to buy. I made the mistake of attempting to write the price down. HOLY HELL!!! What was i thinking?!? Phil came running around the corner of his counter, arms flailing, spit flying yelling and screaming at me saying, and i quote, "What the f*** are you doing? You're in here all the f***ing time `looking`, never spending money, and always writing f***ing prices down. Ill tell you what you are, you're a god-damned spy for that d-bag Flynn, in here like all his other spies copying my prices. Get the f*** out of my store and don't f***ing come back until you have money to actually buy something!"

    Flynn would be the owner of the cleaner, better stocked, better lit store who has more personality that a teaspoon, and who treats you like a person. Id like to add that regardless of how 'brave' you are, it is pretty tough to keep your composure in front of an angry, overreacting, overweight gun toting maniac. Just my personal opinion here, but Phil has given me reason to believe that he should be the only exception to the second amendment, let alone be allowed to run a store which allows you to preserve your right to said amendment.

    Like I said, I purchased from him many times in the past, never a gun, but plenty of other stuff, and this is how he treats his repeat customers? It's understandable why he always has the same three people in his store..they're probably the only people who will listen to his raving lunacies and demeaning comments. I just hope that they know that he probably has nothing nice to say about them either once they leave. Needless to say, he definitely lost my business, and when i do have the money, you can guarantee I will not be handing it over to Phil.

    Hopefully others will read this, as well as the startling amount of other negative comments I have seen on this forum, heed their warning, and go somewhere else. Oh, and Mr Weaver...Phil, if you read this, I want you to know that i would gladly hand my money to a bum on the streets of Philly before i gave any more to you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bushkill, Pennsylvania
    (Pike County)
    Posts
    2,097
    Rep Power
    6166

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Everyone seems to have problems at Weaver's, except me for some reason not known to mankind. I bought my first handgun in Pa there, and more since, and have never had a problem or been treated badly there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    4144

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Everyone seems to have problems at Weaver's, except me for some reason not known to mankind. I bought my first handgun in Pa there, and more since, and have never had a problem or been treated badly there.
    It's just not your turn. Don't worry it will come.

    I use to like many others buy from Phil. I was once a customer too.
    I opened my shop willing and wanting to work together both me and Phil were what I thought Friends. Well did I find out different! I in the beginning had nothing but good things to say about Phil in my own shop. I also stuck up for him in my own shop. But it didn't take long for the shit to start coming out of that big mouth of his.

    I also keept quiet about it in the first year or so . NOT ANY MORE!!!

    Things have got progressively worse over the past few years with his and my store. We hate each other and these days I am fine with that.

    I use to think Phil was a stand up guy. As a matter of fact he is so far from that it is ridicules.

    I do not send Spy’s into anyone's store. I don't care what other people sell there stuff for. I mark things up and sell them for what I can afford to sell them for. I also could care less about other people and the way they run a business.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pocono`s, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,238
    Rep Power
    1156719

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    I feel bad in that one post a while back I got you two mixed up. My bad.

    I never had a problem at Weavers, it`s maybe the vibe. I used to go in there a lot before the old man sold it.
    "Man is not free unless government is limited." - Ronald Reagan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    4144

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I feel bad in that one post a while back I got you two mixed up. My bad.

    I never had a problem at Weavers, it`s maybe the vibe. I used to go in there a lot before the old man sold it.
    Don't worry about it. I already forgot about it. Shit happens.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pocono`s, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,238
    Rep Power
    1156719

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Hey it was easy since you two look so alike, not.
    "Man is not free unless government is limited." - Ronald Reagan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    (Northampton County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,161
    Rep Power
    4144

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Hey it was easy since you two look so alike, not.
    lol!!! NICE!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    1119

    Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

    I went to Weaver once and it lasted about 15min , they don't even know I was there even though I was right at the counter. left and went to American Shooting Sport and happily ended story.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: December 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
  2. Weaver's Gun Shop
    By Pvandunk in forum General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: November 4th, 2010, 07:45 PM
  3. Weaver K15 in Pa.
    By armabill in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
  4. WTS: Weaver T36
    By armabill in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 16th, 2007, 10:04 AM
  5. weaver mount for an sks
    By BFit70 in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 12th, 2007, 06:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops