Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Leesport Gun & Knife Show - Nov 10 & 11, 2018

Bob,
    get down off your soapbox
    when you go 3 shows in a row there and dont buy anything, why should you expect me to waste my time (hr and half to get there) and money in gas to go and walk out empty handed. ill save my money for shows that are worth going to, like MT bethel and the old fort washington show or even go to cabelas (which i drive by) and at least walk out with something i need.

sellersville was a waste after the 3rd show there, it was always the same junk, hopefully the new promoter will make something out of it. small has nothing to do with it, its about having something the buyers want. my local show (forks of the delaware bi monthly show, about the same size as the sellersville show) always has good stuff and i always walk out with something

(Montgomery County)

Sorry for the "back-and-forth discussion" (should this be a PM?). Others will probably appreciate both sides of this, so...

Pacomdiver, your local show, Forks of the Delaware, is about 700 tables, while Leesport is maybe 150 and Sellersville is maybe 100. I like the Forks show. It's well run, and there's not a lot of bull$h!t items, due to their regulations (stuff must be relative to guns/history). In 700 tables, you're definitely more likely to find something of interest. That's fine, but it's not a good comparison. By the way, I agree that driving 1-1/2 hours to attend a small show is not worthwhile.

Regarding the "same junk," I'm at Leesport often, and at almost every Sellersville show. My inventory changes frequently. Donley's Gun Shop is there, Dick's Gun Shop is often there, Ed's is often there, sometimes even Eagle Arms is there - these guys sell stuff. Some guys display similar looking stuff (knives, cases/accessories, memorabilia) so you see the same layout.

Yes, Leesport was somewhat "weak." There was competition from Split Rock, so a few regular gun vendors weren't there. If I wasn't a vendor, I would be "in the same boat" as you, disappointed in attending a show that was as quiet as Leesport. However, I'd still want the show to be there next time, so if it's small or slow, decide whether or not you want to "inflict further damage" before you provide such feedback.

Pacomdiver, you should stick with things that make you happy (skip Leesport, and maybe skip Sellersville, although it's pretty close for you). If you do come to Sellersville, stop by and say, "Hi." I'm not the promoter, but I'm trying to help him improve the show from what it was. By the way, he was unable to list Sellersville in the NRA publications (he only recently arranged to do it). That'll hurt attendance, but future shows should be in there. I believe he plans to put up local signs and advertise in newspapers (for those who still read them).

As a vendor, and to help the promoter, I am trying to make the show better by doing what I'm doing in this thread. If we get more attendees, we'll get more vendors, and it will propagate. Some of the little shows used to be incredibly busy. We're aiming for that again. Hope you agree. It's obviously not easy.

Anyway, the main thing is that we're still trying to keep some of the little shows alive. Thanks to all who support. Now I'll get off my soapbox.

(Berks County)

I’ve been going to that show for a lot of years now, was going there when it was really great and the place would be packed. Have made some good deals there in times past. But as of recent times I’ve seen this show keep going downhill, nothing new? Same old, same old stuff and yes I do give credit to the returning dealers but all I ever see from them is the same old stuff. No new dealers showing up and some of the real good ones not coming back.
    I’ll keep going back for something to do and hoping to see things on the upswing!

(Bucks County)

Bob,
    no the Ag hall show is the big show, the forks also puts on a small show 60ish tables on the 3rd sunday of the months there is no Ag Hall show at the Palmer Fire company hall, thats the one i was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post

sellersville was a waste after the 3rd show there, it was always the same junk,
    Sellersville reminds me of the old Labor Lyceum show that used to be down in Plymouth 30-35yrs ago. Or Lu-Lu Shriners Temple. I know at least one of those vendors that did those shows.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Leesport happens to be the only gun show that I actually bought a gun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12