Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Renewed Utah Permit online.

Thanks for sharing. I have my Florida non resident permit and renewed about a year ago. However FL carry permits are handled by their dpt of agriculture and they just elected a very liberal woman to head that dpt who has already stated she is going to make changes to the way they issue permits. I have a feeling non res permits will be going bye bye or at the very least need to be renewed in person. If that’s the case then I will be looking for other options like UT.

(Delaware County)

Even though my Florida carry license is still good, I got the Utah one last year. I just don't like that every time you renew Florida's, you need to do the finger prints again. Like they're going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    Even though my Florida carry license is still good, I got the Utah one last year. I just don't like that every time you renew Florida's, you need to do the finger prints again. Like they're going to change.
    Yeah I was lucky enough that one of the Detectives at my local SP barracks did it for me last year without any hesitation. I hear others in PA aren't so lucky since they have to be completed by a LE office. I'm thinking UT is the way to go next time for sure.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Good to know. My permit expires 1/30/19 also. I think we were in the same Utah class in Sharon Hill. Might as well get mine done now especially since you don't lose any time.
    Go for it. I was willing to risk a little time. I glad i didn't. I am not a last minute person. so i did it as soon as their system let me.

We must have been in the same class. did you get AZ also? mine expires in March. they send a renewal letter and do not have an online option.

(Northampton County)

Got my reminder in the mail yesterday, renewed online this morning. Nice streamlined process.

(Erie County)

Renewed online on November 11 and the new copy arrived November 21.

Interesting discussion. With a De resident, and a Pa non-resident, adding Utah (which is already covered by reciprocity) only adds Wa. state. So is the process of initially getting a Utah permit, also an easy one?

I remember when I first got my Pa permit, simple process done via mail. Then they went and changed it, so when renewal came up, it had to be TWO personal appearances; one to file, and a second one to pick it up. They won't even mail it once it's ready. I dont know why they changed that, as it was done by the Sheriff's dept then, and now.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yeah I was lucky enough that one of the Detectives at my local SP barracks did it for me last year without any hesitation. I hear others in PA aren't so lucky since they have to be completed by a LE office. I'm thinking UT is the way to go next time for sure.
    Did the PSP do it based on you being local to them? I remember you previously mentioned them by location, which I am familiar with. However, I nonlonger live in that area and wondered if they would use that as a reason to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    Interesting discussion. With a De resident, and a Pa non-resident, adding Utah (which is already covered by reciprocity) only adds Wa. state. So is the process of initially getting a Utah permit, also an easy one?

I remember when I first got my Pa permit, simple process done via mail. Then they went and changed it, so when renewal came up, it had to be TWO personal appearances; one to file, and a second one to pick it up. They won't even mail it once it's ready. I dont know why they changed that, as it was done by the Sheriff's dept then, and now.
    No need for two trips to to get your LTCF. Berks County processes the application while you wait a mere matter of minutes. I went to the Reading Regional Airport, there is a Sheriff's Office there. Easy in, easy out, parking is plentiful and free. Do check the Berks County Sheriff's web page for days and hours, the office at the airport is not open for LTCF processing everyday.

See this: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=334516

Rick

just renewed my UT permit as well. not that I can legally use it in PA any longer.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast