Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Ridgway rifle club "cabin fever" gun show & sale February 23rd & 24th - Elk county

…………………………...
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Butler County)

Default Re: Ridgway rifle club "cabin fever" gun show & sale February 23rd & 24th - Elk coun

…………….

(Butler County)

Default Re: Ridgway rifle club "cabin fever" gun show & sale February 23rd & 24th - Elk coun

...………..

(Elk County)

Default Cabin Fever 2019 Gun Show Ridgway Pa Feb 23-24

Breakfast and lunch available at the club. This event is at the Ridgway Rifle Club. All tables sold. Free parking. No yard sale items just guns and knives.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Cabin Fever 2019 Gun Show Ridgway Pa Feb 23-24

Looking at this and Reynoldsville. Convince me

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Looking at this and Reynoldsville. Convince me
    I went to both Reynoldsville and Ridgway last year. It was Reynoldsville's first year, Ridgway's fifth or sixth.

Reynoldsville had far fewer vendors with guns, and far fewer guns. There was one vendor who had like eight or 10 tables of mostly guns, and several other vendors with six or less guns on their one or two tables. The majority of Reynoldsville vendors were Hazen Flea Market vendors with mostly non-firearm merchandise, or tables selling raffle tickets. I didn't find anything, but my curiosity was satisfied. Reynoldsville reminded me of a smaller, indoor version of Hazen. But if you're shopping for guns, ammo, crocheted potholders, Chinese tools, glassware, and old VHS tapes, Reynoldsville could be your one stop shop.

In contrast, Ridgway does a great job of having vendors that are strictly guns, knives, ammo, milsurp stuff, sporting collectables, etc. There has never been flea market junk, or hot sauce, jerky, or used general household goods. Significantly more guns on more tables. As I recall, there were two knife dealers, and the rest of the vendors were mostly gun dealers, with a few private individuals with guns, magazines, reloading equipment, etc., who were downsizing collections. Ridgway seemed to have a bigger attendance, by 2-3 times. Personally, I never leave Ridgway empty-handed, and last year was no exception. Ridgway reminds me of the Roulette and Ellwood City shows.

Ridgway upgraded their parking lot this past summer, enlarging it, taking away the topsoil and replacing it with compacted shale and putting a layer of compacted crusher run limestone over everything. I saw it several times this past summer and fall during matches. The improved parking lot is at least twice as large as it had been. So parking at Ridgway should be far less soft-muddy, and pretty much equivalent to that at Reynoldsville or any other show with a non-paved parking area venue.

Why not do both? I think I will again, but I'll be going to Ridgway first.

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    I went to both Reynoldsville and Ridgway last year. It was Reynoldsville's first year, Ridgway's fifth or sixth.

Reynoldsville had far fewer vendors with guns, and far fewer guns. There was one vendor who had like eight or 10 tables of mostly guns, and several other vendors with six or less guns on their one or two tables. The majority of Reynoldsville vendors were Hazen Flea Market vendors with mostly non-firearm merchandise, or tables selling raffle tickets. I didn't find anything, but my curiosity was satisfied. Reynoldsville reminded me of a smaller, indoor version of Hazen. But if you're shopping for guns, ammo, crocheted potholders, Chinese tools, glassware, and old VHS tapes, Reynoldsville could be your one stop shop.

In contrast, Ridgway does a great job of having vendors that are strictly guns, knives, ammo, milsurp stuff, sporting collectables, etc. There has never been flea market junk, or hot sauce, jerky, or used general household goods. Significantly more guns on more tables. As I recall, there were two knife dealers, and the rest of the vendors were mostly gun dealers, with a few private individuals with guns, magazines, reloading equipment, etc., who were downsizing collections. Ridgway seemed to have a bigger attendance, by 2-3 times. Personally, I never leave Ridgway empty-handed, and last year was no exception. Ridgway reminds me of the Roulette and Ellwood City shows.

Ridgway upgraded their parking lot this past summer, enlarging it, taking away the topsoil and replacing it with compacted shale and putting a layer of compacted crusher run limestone over everything. I saw it several times this past summer and fall during matches. The improved parking lot is at least twice as large as it had been. So parking at Ridgway should be far less soft-muddy, and pretty much equivalent to that at Reynoldsville or any other show with a non-paved parking area venue.

Why not do both? I think I will again, but I'll be going to Ridgway first.
    Thanks, I was considering hitting Reynoldsville after Ridgeway. I deplore gun shows with flea market items. I shouldn't have to pay to see yard sale crap, especially a small show with limited tables to start.

Thanks, I was considering hitting Reynoldsville for no other reason then stopping in on my return trip home from Ridgeway. Roullette I have been to a few times.

(Elk County)

If you know Roulette, then Ridgway will feel quite familiar.

(Elk County)

No flea market stuff, household junk or crafts at Ridgway. As noted above guns and 2 knife vendors. Military surplus and military type guns with hunting guns. There will be reloading stuff, handguns and shooting equipment. Hope to see a good turnout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast