Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default AR10 Recommendations.

I been in the market for a new AR10 rifle. This will be my first 7.62x51 rifle. I mostly shoot 5.56 at the range and really enjoy it. My budget is about $1000. I been checking out the Diamond Back DB10 7.62 NATO. Anyone have experience with the DB10? which AR10 would you recommend around my budget?

Default Re: AR10 Recommendations.

I have a DPMS Sportical. Its been a great gun. The magazine's were an issue but Pmags solved that problem. I've been able to shoot under 1 in groups at 100 yrds with it and it's been really reliable. I think I have about 1k rounds through the gun. That's gun is right at $1k. A couple of my friends picked up AR-10's from Palmetto state. Both were happy with them but I don't know how much range time they have with them. Those guns were under $1k. I think they were around $800. I don't know if there's a better gun for the price.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Somerset County)

I havent heard to much on the Diamondback, but personally wouldnt go that route. I would look into the following based of off what i have read online as far as reviews and feedback go

PSA AR10- These are getting solid reviews and if you buy the upper and lower separate you can get a rifle for about $600. May want to add an adjustable gas block to these. Even if you do that and add a better barrel you are still under budget. The OEM stainless barrels are MOAish. Nitride a little less accurate but still good

AERO Precision- If you catch a sale from Aero you can get an upper/lower for under your budget. Brownells offers an OEM version in your price range. THese use Ballistic Advantage barrels and are accurate

Armalite DEF10- If you want a fighting rifle this should be it in your budget

DPMS- They have options and i trust their ar10 platform guns more than their ar15

SW M&P10- might be able to catch one on sale close to 1k. They are know to be decent for the price

(Somerset County)

Here is an example from Aero Precision that would be a much better quality than the Diamondback. Sign up for their email list and they send out the sales all the time. The current sale is 20% off of complete lowers

Complete 308 receiver for $260 after discount (have to add to cart for pricing) https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-...eiver-standard

They have uppers for $550-600 https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-...omplete-uppers These ar Ballastic Advantage barrels and are accurate and MP/HPT tested. These go on sale frequently as well

Throw in a Toolcraft BCG https://www.armorally.com/shop/toolc...black-nitride/

That would make a quality AR10 for right around 1k

(Bucks County)

I second DPMS, I had one of their 308 AR's and it was a great rifle. I forget the model but it was built well, fit/finish was excellent, 100% reliable, and decent accuracy. I paid 1200 for it but ended up selling to pay off a bill but if I was in the market for another 308 I would definitely consider another DPMS. SW also makes a reasonably priced 308 AR10 and you can check the used market and get a higher quality rifle for maybe a little over a grand.

(Chester County)

I vote to build your own to your own specifications. Diamondback has a pretty shoddy reputation in the quality department. I say buy once, cry once or build it yourself.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Everready73 View Post
    Here is an example from Aero Precision that would be a much better quality than the Diamondback. Sign up for their email list and they send out the sales all the time. The current sale is 20% off of complete lowers

Complete 308 receiver for $260 after discount (have to add to cart for pricing) https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-...eiver-standard

They have uppers for $550-600 https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-...omplete-uppers These ar Ballastic Advantage barrels and are accurate and MP/HPT tested. These go on sale frequently as well

Throw in a Toolcraft BCG https://www.armorally.com/shop/toolc...black-nitride/

That would make a quality AR10 for right around 1k
    I agree with Everready. I would do a build using the Aero Precision AR10 Kits.

(Armstrong County)

Another vote for the Aero parts, or a complete gun.
    I've done a number 308 builds and sold complete Aero factory guns for myself and customers with Aero stuff. All has been good to go. Put a few adjustable gas blocks on, mainly if the rifle was running a can.
    Had to add an extractor o-ring to one bolt.

What ever you do, keep the lower/upper/BCG from the same mfg.

Check out www.schuylerarmsco.com Fall Sale for some pretty good deals.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Another vote for the Aero parts, or a complete gun.
    I've done a number 308 builds and sold complete Aero factory guns for myself and customers with Aero stuff. All has been good to go. Put a few adjustable gas blocks on, mainly if the rifle was running a can.
    Had to add an extractor o-ring to one bolt.

What ever you do, keep the lower/upper/BCG from the same mfg.

Check out www.schuylerarmsco.com Fall Sale for some pretty good deals.
    ^^^This....Aero Precision and Schuyler Arms

(Cumberland County)

Palmetto uses Aero components on their builds, Im quite happy with the results of the 18" I got from them on sale *upper/lower combo* and it shoots well for the cost. The other I found was that its chambering was more forgiving than the DPMS. DPMS 308s are good and accurate just depends on what you want to spend, if cost isnt a factor I'd look at GA Precision AR10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast