Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

Default Concealed Carry Law Seminar - Dover with Rep. Seth Grove

Last edited by alpacaheat; September 13th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Law Seminar - York 11/10/18

How often is this seminar delivered?

He does them twice a year. Go early, he said they fill up quickly. I've been trying to make one for years but always have something else going on, but I might make this one.

Here's a registration link:

http://www.repgrove.com/ccseminar1110.aspx
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    He does them twice a year. Go early, he said they fill up quickly. I've been trying to make one for years but always have something else going on, but I might make this one.

Here's a registration link:

http://www.repgrove.com/ccseminar1110.aspx
    Thanks
    Will look for the next one

It was outstanding. I knew most of the material but learned a couple of things and it was entertaining. Packed house, well over 100 people, a lot of women too.

Matt Menges, a lawyer and former police officer who ran for Judge an election or two ago, did the presentation. I have spotted him OCing around York before. Voted for him when he ran, he barely lost. Would have been a great pro-2A judge.

He cited the Goslin decision as justification for carrying into schools as legal, but recommended we not try it because schools and law enforcement won't know the law.

There was a section on how to act during a traffic stop as well, with a cop. He was fair, very pro-2A.

I asked a question about carrying into post offices in leased shopping centers, just for clarification on it. According to him, it's still prohibited to carry into a post office on non-Federal property because it's still a Federal office. That's not how I had thought of it before.

Good news is, I now have a lawyer on-call if I ever have to use my gun.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    It was outstanding. I knew most of the material but learned a couple of things and it was entertaining. Packed house, well over 100 people, a lot of women too.

Matt Menges, a lawyer and former police officer who ran for Judge an election or two ago, did the presentation. I have spotted him OCing around York before. Voted for him when he ran, he barely lost. Would have been a great pro-2A judge.

He cited the Goslin decision as justification for carrying into schools as legal, but recommended we not try it because schools and law enforcement won't know the law.

There was a section on how to act during a traffic stop as well, with a cop. He was fair, very pro-2A.

I asked a question about carrying into post offices in leased shopping centers, just for clarification on it. According to him, it's still prohibited to carry into a post office on non-Federal property because it's still a Federal office. That's not how I had thought of it before.

Good news is, I now have a lawyer on-call if I ever have to use my gun.
    It’s the parking lot. We have a post office around here that has a mail box in it, post office owns the building so you can’t have your gun mailing a letter there, but the one in the strip mall is ok. Also can’t leave it in the car and go in if they own the place.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man