Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Gun rights and today’s election

Honestly, while the predicted elections results are not what many here may want, they are not a worst case scenario either.

1. Wolf may win, so it goes. As long as we can maintain control of the Pa house and senate gun rights are fine. That control has gotten shaky so it is important to keep pressuring legislators on gun bills, but I don’t think Wolf can hurt gun rights.

2. If things go as projected, Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. Of the house and Senate the Senate is more important imo. If Democrats gained control of the Senate, none of Trumps judicial picks would get through and the benefits of the main reason many voted for Trump would stop. This is especially important if something happens to Ginsberg in the next year.

Prediction........ The Supreme Court and judges will be the main issue in 2020. Every candidate will have a list of judges to replace Ginsberg and it will be the Ginsberg election.

3. If things go as projected, Democrats will have the house. They will be a thorn in Trumps side, but he can handle that. Impeachment or whatever, the Democrats will overplay their hand and take it too far probably bolstering Trumps chances in 2020. Under Ryan they were not getting much accomplished anyway. Even though Republicans controlled the Senate and House, they did not have enough control to get much legislation done. The house will not be able to get any anti legislation through the Senate, and even if they somehow did, Trump can/will veto it.

Basically other than judges, we have gridlock..... that’s not always bad, and is not the worst case scenario.

Default Re: Gun rights and today’s election

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Honestly, while the predicted elections results are not what many here may want, they are not a worst case scenario either.

1. Wolf may win, so it goes. As long as we can maintain control of the Pa house and senate gun rights are fine. That control has gotten shaky so it is important to keep pressuring legislators on gun bills, but I don’t think Wolf can hurt gun rights.

2. If things go as projected, Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. Of the house and Senate the Senate is more important imo. If Democrats gained control of the Senate, none of Trumps judicial picks would get through and the benefits of the main reason many voted for Trump would stop. This is especially important if something happens to Ginsberg in the next year.

Prediction........ The Supreme Court and judges will be the main issue in 2020. Every candidate will have a list of judges to replace Ginsberg and it will be the Ginsberg election.

3. If things go as projected, Democrats will have the house. They will be a thorn in Trumps side, but he can handle that. Impeachment or whatever, the Democrats will overplay their hand and take it too far probably bolstering Trumps chances in 2020. Under Ryan they were not getting much accomplished anyway. Even though Republicans controlled the Senate and House, they did not have enough control to get much legislation done. The house will not be able to get any anti legislation through the Senate, and even if they somehow did, Trump can/will veto it.

Basically other than judges, we have gridlock..... that’s not always bad, and is not the worst case scenario.
    Wolf winning isn't my concern. The 2020 census is. Our control of the PA house and senate will be in jeopardy.

The house going to the dems will help Trump in 2020, IMO. 2 years of gridlock and several impeachment attempts will not go the way they think it will.

Senate is most important. It's all about the courts for me. In that respect, this election is still MAGA.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Wolf winning isn't my concern. The 2020 census is. Our control of the PA house and senate will be in jeopardy.

The house going to the dems will help Trump in 2020, IMO. 2 years of gridlock and several impeachment attempts will not go the way they think it will.

Senate is most important. It's all about the courts for me. In that respect, this election is still MAGA.
    Yep, it sucks that the judiciary has become such an important factor in an election, but so it goes. For now it benefits the 2nd. I still shudder thinking about what would be happening to the judiciary and the appointment of anti 2nd judges if Hillary won and Trump lost.

(Berks County)

Judges are the most important right now . On the state level I do not like how pa is leaning further left . At least my “new” district went red with Mueser over Wolff but the rest of the “newly drawn districts” are going the exact way the PA Supreme Court wanted them to go ...overall I’m happy with the senate pick ups but disappointed in the house and the sheeple in PA .

Looks like Florida will stay Red and Georgia too at the gubernatorial level.

And all of Hollywierds carpetbagging in Texas did them no good.
    Last edited by Zeke2A; November 6th, 2018 at 11:57 PM.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Berks County)

Long 2 years ahead.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Chester County)

It could have been much worse, but it was still VERY BAD. PA is going the way of the rest of the Northeast as our demographics change, and urban areas grow. All suburbs are now solidly Democrat which is a game changer.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    It could have been much worse, but it was still VERY BAD. PA is going the way of the rest of the Northeast as our demographics change, and urban areas grow. All suburbs are now solidly Democrat which is a game changer.
    At least your state constitution has something guaranteeing 2A rights.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Berks County)

But I want more cat hats and lib tears.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

Not so sure I agree with this part. Remember HB2060 only one month ago. Some on our side like Metcalfe & Saccone fought hard but could not overcome the pressure from leadership to support it. Yes it was election time and RINOs needed party money to fight contested races, but the reality is that when GOP leadership demands a vote, "or else" they usually get it.

So, I'm not at all comfortable that our gun rights are fine. (e.g., red flag law, elimination of private transfers, etc)

Last edited by longcall911; November 7th, 2018 at 09:54 AM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Another Two years of Obstructionism from the left ,Thats what I see !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast