Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun rights and today’s election

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    In other words it's time to ban guns and confiscate them.
    It's time to put an end to Ceasefire. Drive them out of the state. File charges against them as a hate group, sue them for defamation, libel, and slander which they are routinely guilty of. Deny them resources. Impose social sanctions. Basically make them not want to have a toe within our borders.

Why hasn't all that been done already?

(Montgomery County)

Forgive my re-post, but maybe it is time to give this some serious consideration.....

After careful consideration of the "facts and fantasies" being presented recently in the media concerning gun rights, I would agree perhaps it is truly time for change.
    The overwhelming majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens that go about their everyday business without the general public even knowing they are gun owners or supporters of the Second Amendment. To a large extent, this has been our goal, "no one needs to know".

Here is the rub.... to the media, politicians (local, state, and federal) and the general public we are a nameless, faceless group. As a group we don't stage sit-ins, we don't plan million person marches, we don't burn flags or pull down monuments. We exist under the radar. We do an excellent job not letting the media, politicians and general public confront the fact we are parents, grandparents, teachers, doctors, construction workers, school bus drivers, you know...average hard working citizens choosing to exercise a Constitutional right.

Maybe we need a change, become more visible, become more vocal. Instead of being on the defensive to protect gun rights move to the offensive and profess gun rights.
    Last edited by jgl; February 27th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    It's time to put an end to Ceasefire. Drive them out of the state. File charges against them as a hate group, sue them for defamation, libel, and slander which they are routinely guilty of. Deny them resources. Impose social sanctions. Basically make them not want to have a toe within our borders.

Why hasn't all that been done already?
    Exactly who is going to file charges and fund a case, assuming some DA is willing to move it forward? You understand that this is a Bloomberg organization right? That means endless money and lawyers. How do we fight against that?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl View Post
    Forgive my re-post, but maybe it is time to give this some serious consideration.....

After careful consideration of the "facts and fantasies" being presented recently in the media concerning gun rights, I would agree perhaps it is truly time for change.
    The overwhelming majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens that go about their everyday business without the general public even knowing they are gun owners or supporters of the Second Amendment. To a large extent, this has been our goal, "no one needs to know".

Here is the rub.... to the media, politicians (local, state, and federal) and the general public we are a nameless, faceless group. As a group we don't stage sit-ins, we don't plan million person marches, we don't burn flags or pull down monuments. We exist under the radar. We do an excellent job not letting the media, politicians and general public confront the fact we are parents, grandparents, teachers, doctors, construction workers, school bus drivers, you know...average hard working citizens choosing to exercise a Constitutional right.

Maybe we need a change, become more visible, become more vocal. Instead of being on the defensive to protect gun rights move to the offensive and profess gun rights.
    Last edited by jgl; February 27th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.
    We need to be able to fill the halls of the Capitol on short notice. This has been discussed in other threads. What no one gets to is a solution.

Well, I run multiple text messaging services. What if we had a web page where you could enter your cell phone as someone generally willing to go to Harrisburg on 24 hrs notice, depending on the specifics that day. Would you be willing to receive occasional texts calling for us to muster with a specific date/time/location? If we could get 100+ people to respond and to walk the halls with t-shirts with a specific message "I am a gun owner and I vote" or similar, we could possibly grow the group to one that might make a difference.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll build the page and provide the service. (for an example, see SupportTheAgenda.com)
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    We need to be able to fill the halls of the Capitol on short notice. This has been discussed in other threads. What no one gets to is a solution.

Well, I run multiple text messaging services. What if we had a web page where you could enter your cell phone as someone generally willing to go to Harrisburg on 24 hrs notice, depending on the specifics that day. Would you be willing to receive occasional texts calling for us to muster with a specific date/time/location? If we could get 100+ people to respond and to walk the halls with t-shirts with a specific message "I am a gun owner and I vote" or similar, we could possibly grow the group to one that might make a difference.

If there is sufficient interest, I'll build the page and provide the service. (for an example, see SupportTheAgenda.com)
    I think this is a good idea if incorporated into a more comprehensive plan.
    Purely voluntary spontaneity is extremely inconsistent when dealing with people that have pressing responsibilities of family and job.

I do think it would work well if partnered with a designated rotation of core 2A volunteers scheduled to be in the Capitol 60 days per year.
    It allows for a scheduled designated 2A volunteer to be on location to provide detail and changing logistics to the group.
    It allows for a designated coordinator to keep the group informed as to how many responded, how many showed, where to go and why, etc.

We have interest in setting up the 2A rotation in the Capitol.
    We have interest in setting up funding for a 2A anchor lobbyist.

The core rotation of scheduled 2A volunteers would orbit the 2A anchor lobbyist.
    The 2A text message volunteers would augment the scheduled 2A core volunteers already on the ground.

If done that way I think it would work really well.
    I would have no problem donating $50-$100 a year to employ a 2A lobbyist to anchor this effort.
    If 100 guys here feel the same that's $10,000 of funding, if 1000 guys here feel the same that's $100,000 to fund our 2A anchor lobbyist.

I think $100 a year is well worth spending to protect the 2A in PA.
    If the same amount of people that showed up at the annual 2A rally agree, then we can get this up and running immediately.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    My district has gone blue. I've been working as hard as I can to get my house fixed up and hopefully on the market by spring or early summer. I'm currently looking at red districts to move to. I cannot live in a district where most of the people are freeloaders and a few producers pay for it all.
    Eric Roe was the first Republican to lose my district 9158) since the districts were formed in 1969. He tried to act like a Democrat (a mailer bragging about being a "Prius Republican" and an election eve TV ad bragging about supporting universal background checks and other gun control). When alpacaheat, jhaydeno, Bernchy (I think) and a few others from here sat down with him, I pointed out that it was a strategy that failed for his mentor Dan Truitt, who was the first Republican to ever lose his district in 2016. Both didtricts were heavily gerrymandered Republican. The 2012 regerrymandering was designed to help Truitt at the expense of Steve Barrar in 160, who was considered a solid lock. Steve gave us a few scares, but when it was time to vote, he always did the right thing for us. He lost this time because of the steady influx of idjits into his district.

You can move to a red district, but you will still be paying for freeloaders in the cesspools that bookend our state.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

NRATV - Big Wins for Gun Ownership in Midterms

Video:
    https://www.nratv.com/videos/stinchf...tent=body&amp=

Second Amendment attorney, Guy Relford, joins the program to discuss the results of the midterm elections in Indiana and across the country. Guy shares some of the biggest wins for gun rights and President Donald Trump as his campaigning efforts paid off in states across the country.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    The entire County is going Blue due to the over development going on.
    I my small township, two mcmansion developments were approved in the late 90's, and new zoning and land development ordinances were passed in 1999 that has completely shut down development. One of them has been a constant source of complaints about farmers running equipment through the night in the fall and hunters. They have disrupted board of supervisors meetings when their demands aren't met. The supervisors approved a small home office for a longtime resident optometrist and these morons demanded that all of her patients be screened for pedophelia. They acted like ANTIFA over this at a couple of supervisors meetings, and there are rumors that some of the local farm boys had a Come to Jesus chat with some of them. Their kids are just turning 18 now, and we are seeing the result in our elections.

So far they have not tried to run a candidate for supervisor. In the meantime, there is plenty of money and tax breaks available to help anyone who wants to put his property into conservation. This has been a winning strategy here so far, as a major portion of large tracts are going that way. Virtually all are in the clean and green program, which adds financial penalties to development. All of the property in the township is eased for fox hunting, and the wealthy and politically connected fox hunters are very quick to protect their playground (they are not a problem at all, and maintain excellent relations with the landowners). I've heard heads exploding in the developments when the hounds go through, but the hunters are respectful and do not follow them over lawns there.

I imagine that the idjits will eventually take over, but it won't happen in this township in what's left of my lifetime.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post

I would have no problem donating $50-$100 a year to employ a 2A lobbyist to anchor this effort.
    If 100 guys here feel the same that's $10,000 of funding, if 1000 guys here feel the same that's $100,000 to fund our 2A anchor lobbyist.
    Let me be the first to apply for that job.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Let me be the first to apply for that job.
    I'm talking about bringing in a professional 2A lobbyist on loan from the NRA or GOA.
    I should have been more specific.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I'm talking about bringing in a professional 2A lobbyist on loan from the NRA or GOA.
    I should have been more specific.
    I was thinking about that this week...how we need to start countering the Bloomberg pros. We work, we can't show up whenever summoned every time. We need someone who can not only show up, but get groups of us or someone in our place to fight for us.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast