Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Gun rights and today’s election

Another Two years of Obstructionism from the left ,Thats what I see !

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Not so sure I agree with this part. Remember HB2060 only one month ago. Some on our side like Metcalfe & Saccone fought hard but could not overcome the pressure from leadership to support it. Yes it was election time and RINOs needed party money to fight contested races, but the reality is that when GOP leadership demands a vote, "or else" they usually get it.

So, I'm not at all comfortable that our gun rights are fine. (e.g., red flag law, elimination of private transfers, etc)

Fair point and one I had in the back of my mind and was the reason why I said things have gotten shaky. I was mainly speaking in reference to Wolf. I should have said not worse than they were before the election.

As it is, if Wolf does call for new gun control, Republicans still have enough control of the house and senate to counter him. As for any gun control Republicans bring up or sponsor, shame on them..... and shame on gun owners for not holding their feet to the fire. You do your part, we need a lot more to step up at least with calls and letters.

(Lancaster County)

We need to start winning the culture. Every one here take urban/suburban people shootjng. Be visible and vocal.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    We need to start winning the culture. Every one here take urban/suburban people shootjng. Be visible and vocal.
    a good idea

(Chester County)

My district has gone blue. I've been working as hard as I can to get my house fixed up and hopefully on the market by spring or early summer. I'm currently looking at red districts to move to. I cannot live in a district where most of the people are freeloaders and a few producers pay for it all.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    My district has gone blue. I've been working as hard as I can to get my house fixed up and hopefully on the market by spring or early summer. I'm currently looking at red districts to move to. I cannot live in a district where most of the people are freeloaders and a few producers pay for it all.
    The entire County is going Blue due to the over development going on.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    At least your state constitution has something guaranteeing 2A rights.
    A copy of a post I made in another thread:

OK people, here is the reality: (from Shira Goodman)

CeaseFirePA

Gun violence prevention was on the ballot and we won

Together, we put gun violence prevention front and center, and the people of Pennsylvania proved this is a voting issue. The results will have a major impact on gun violence prevention policy at the state and federal levels.

Reelecting Governor Tom Wolf and Senator Bob Casey were critical for our movement, and we have made serious gains in the Pennsylvania legislature. We have elected five new Senators, all of whom are strong gun violence prevention advocates: Maria Collette, Steve Santarsiero, Katie Muth, Tim Kearney and Lindsey Williams. In the House of Representatives, we have many new partners as well: Joe Ciresi, Elizabeth Hanbidge, Joe Webster, Dan Williams, Danielle Friel Otten, Jennifer O'Mara, Joe Hohenstein, Pam Hacker, Steve Malagari, Wendy Ullman, Melissa Shusterman, Christina Sappey, Mike Zabel, Kristine Howard, and Malcolm Kenyatta. We are excited to work with all of these legislators, as well as our friends returning for new terms, to enact stronger laws for Pennsylvania.

This year, CeaseFirePA registered 1,000 new voters, and CeaseFire Pennsylvania reached almost 50,000 voters who often skip midterm elections to remind them that gun violence prevention was on the ballot. The CeaseFirePA PAC sent 42,000 pieces of mail, called 25,000 voters, and funded digital ads that reached 200,000 voters. Our messaging drove support for candidates who pledged to work for our gun violence prevention agenda, helped ensure many open seats were won by candidates who support the gun violence prevention agenda, and helped defeat incumbents who had taken dangerous pro-gun lobby votes.

Gun violence prevention is always on the ballot. This year, high numbers of Pennsylvanians made it a critical voting issue, and the results bear that out. You sent a message that our elected officials must be on the right side of this issue and stand up for a safer Pennsylvania.

Thank you.

Donate Now ›

CeaseFirePA
    P..O. Box 60095
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
    215-923-3151
    info@ceasefirepa.org

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    A copy of a post I made in another thread:

OK people, here is the reality: (from Shira Goodman)

CeaseFirePA

Gun violence prevention was on the ballot and we won

Together, we put gun violence prevention front and center, and the people of Pennsylvania proved this is a voting issue. The results will have a major impact on gun violence prevention policy at the state and federal levels.

Reelecting Governor Tom Wolf and Senator Bob Casey were critical for our movement, and we have made serious gains in the Pennsylvania legislature. We have elected five new Senators, all of whom are strong gun violence prevention advocates: Maria Collette, Steve Santarsiero, Katie Muth, Tim Kearney and Lindsey Williams. In the House of Representatives, we have many new partners as well: Joe Ciresi, Elizabeth Hanbidge, Joe Webster, Dan Williams, Danielle Friel Otten, Jennifer O'Mara, Joe Hohenstein, Pam Hacker, Steve Malagari, Wendy Ullman, Melissa Shusterman, Christina Sappey, Mike Zabel, Kristine Howard, and Malcolm Kenyatta. We are excited to work with all of these legislators, as well as our friends returning for new terms, to enact stronger laws for Pennsylvania.

This year, CeaseFirePA registered 1,000 new voters, and CeaseFire Pennsylvania reached almost 50,000 voters who often skip midterm elections to remind them that gun violence prevention was on the ballot. The CeaseFirePA PAC sent 42,000 pieces of mail, called 25,000 voters, and funded digital ads that reached 200,000 voters. Our messaging drove support for candidates who pledged to work for our gun violence prevention agenda, helped ensure many open seats were won by candidates who support the gun violence prevention agenda, and helped defeat incumbents who had taken dangerous pro-gun lobby votes.

Gun violence prevention is always on the ballot. This year, high numbers of Pennsylvanians made it a critical voting issue, and the results bear that out. You sent a message that our elected officials must be on the right side of this issue and stand up for a safer Pennsylvania.

Thank you.

Donate Now ›

CeaseFirePA
    P..O. Box 60095
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
    215-923-3151
    info@ceasefirepa.org
    In other words it's time to ban guns and confiscate them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    In other words it's time to ban guns and confiscate them.
    that is the end goal.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    At least your state constitution has something guaranteeing 2A rights.
    Which the Democrats in legislature and PA's judicial system seems to ignore routinely with impunity!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast