Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: ELECTION TODAY, POLLS CLOSE 8PM, PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO OWN A GUN, GO VOTE!

Well, the final results don't look too bad for the state and country considering the circumstances. However, I was really hoping for more Republican victories considering all the BS the dems pulled over the last 2 years.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Bucks County)

Default Re: ELECTION TODAY, POLLS CLOSE 8PM, PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO OWN A GUN, GO VOTE!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Well, the final results don't look too bad for the state and country considering the circumstances. However, I was really hoping for more Republican victories considering all the BS the dems pulled over the last 2 years.
    I didn't know what to expect regarding state races. Heck, I was thinking to myself.. "okay, 6 good years in pa after moving from NJ, I wish it was at least 10". I didn't know honestly what would happen but I told my wife, get used to the putz Wolf and Casey is like the Kennedy of MA here in PA. The senate held 29 seats which was a tad better than I expected and the house lost about 10 which expected after having record gains. The next election could be a different story and end up splitting the senate unless the dems really screw things up... Which I expect they will.

Next question is will the PA Republicans stand firm on constitutional principals.

(Clearfield County)

Here ya go ya bunch of sad sacks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    What's that site I was looking for something like this.
    Bing search for "2018 election results". Maps come up on search engine. I just copied with screen shots, pasted into MS Paint, cropped and spliced them all together for your pleasure.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    problem is democrats now control the house
    Without the Senate, it's not as big of a problem as many are making it out to be.

I'm wondering, since the House already passed National Reciprocity and it stalled in the Senate, could the new Senate pick it back up and pass it, or do bills expire annually if not voted on?

Too bad both of PA's Senators are worthless or I'd ask one. Maybe I'll check with a Rep like Scott Perry.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Without the Senate, it's not as big of a problem as many are making it out to be.

I'm wondering, since the House already passed National Reciprocity and it stalled in the Senate, could the new Senate pick it back up and pass it, or do bills expire annually if not voted on?

Too bad both of PA's Senators are worthless or I'd ask one. Maybe I'll check with a Rep like Scott Perry.
    I believe that it must be re-introduced for each session which is every two years. The next session starts in January with the swearing in of the new congress so unless it happens in the next month we are SOL.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

I gear these idiots will try to pass a "red flag" law on the wake of the Pittsburgh anti Trump nutcake. Be ready....

(Fulton County)

Despite Tom Wolf winning re-election and the redistricting; the GOP still has a solid majority in both chambers at the state level. It's not all doom and gloom.

http://www2.philly.com/wires/ap/gop-...0181107.html-2

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Democrats made significant inroads in both chambers of the Pennsylvania Legislature during Tuesday's election, but Republicans began the day with margins large enough to absorb those losses and still have comfortable governing majorities in both the House and Senate.

As far as the loss of the House at the Federal level is concerned; it's not a big deal IMO. The RINO leadership wasn't really getting Trump's agenda through or passed anyway. The GOP control of the Senate is what's crucial; you guys will be thanking your lucky stars once another SCOTUS pick comes through after Ginsburg goes face down in her oatmeal within the next two years. I also believe that Trump will cry foul about the Democrats stonewalling him at the House, and it will fire up his base enough to get out and vote for him again in 2020. A lot of it is going to depend on who his opponent is, but Trump's prospects actually look pretty good to me IMO.
    Last edited by Justin2012; November 7th, 2018 at 08:42 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin2012 View Post
    Despite Tom Wolf winning re-election and the redistricting; the GOP still has a solid majority in both chambers at the state level. It's not all doom and gloom.

http://www2.philly.com/wires/ap/gop-...0181107.html-2

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Democrats made significant inroads in both chambers of the Pennsylvania Legislature during Tuesday's election, but Republicans began the day with margins large enough to absorb those losses and still have comfortable governing majorities in both the House and Senate.

As far as the loss of the House at the Federal level is concerned; it's not a big deal IMO. The RINO leadership wasn't really getting Trump's agenda through or passed anyway. The GOP control of the Senate is what's crucial; you guys will be thanking your lucky stars once another SCOTUS pick comes through after Ginsburg goes face down in her oatmeal within the next two years. I also believe that Trump will cry foul about the Democrats stonewalling him at the House, and it will fire up his base enough to get out and vote for him again in 2020. A lot of it is going to depend on who his opponent is, but Trump's prospects actually look pretty good to me IMO.
    Excellent post and points.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I believe that it must be re-introduced for each session which is every two years. The next session starts in January with the swearing in of the new congress so unless it happens in the next month we are SOL.
    Next month is the old Senate though.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast