Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Why I don't travel to MD - for non-gunners

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    What part of MD is west of the Mississippi? My maps don't show that?
    Maybe he meant to say Susquehanna.

I wonder if anyone getting on the OP has ever made the some kinds of statements about New Jersey...because that seems to be a consensus no-go zone on here for most.

I was born in MD. Worked there while living in PA before I owned guns.

Since the Baltimore riots I haven't been back to the city. I want to take my kids there and might break and do a harbor trip just so I can take them to Fort McHenry and look at the water...maybe an O's game too, but I try my best not to spend any money in any of the neighboring Commie states for the same reason as others....it's not about safety (although that is a reality when unarmed in a major Democrat-run shizzhole city), it's about supporting those who essentially hate what American stands for and wants to steal all of my rights.

It's a personal decision. I wont look down on any of you if you want to take risks to enjoy some time with your family, but I likely won't be doing the same.

We have members were who shop at Dick's too. It's all about how far you want to take your support of your rights...some people are OK with being diehard and basing decisions on it...others don't take it that far. Just show up to vote tomorrow.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

If my Mom were alive today I'd go to New Jersey for her.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    it's not about safety (although that is a reality when unarmed in a major Democrat-run shizzhole city), it's about supporting those who essentially hate what American stands for and wants to steal all of my rights.
    Do you really believe that anyone who lives in a city "hates what America stands for"? If so, that is ridiculous.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sontavas View Post
    Do you really believe that anyone who lives in a city "hates what America stands for"? If so, that is ridiculous.
    Only if you don't believe their own words when they say it.

They believe that America stands for hate, racism, white supremacy, mysogony, and shooting innocent blacks and school children.

I'm with you though, it is hard to believe people could be that delusional.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I hate to think of all the things my wife, my kids and I would have missed out on if I was that much of an absolutist. "Sorry kids, no Pirates games or science center or zoo or arena shows or amusement parks. In fact, fuck Shittsburgh and Philthydelphia, those commie libs. And don't even think about any trips to Washington DC or NYC. We've got the fun park and movie theater right here in Cranberry. C'mon kids, let's do our part for guns! Yay!" Seriously?
    Are you covered by LEOSA?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Are you covered by LEOSA?
    I am now. I wasn't when the kids were younger, for multiple visits to Washington DC & NYC, among others. And LEOSA doesn't get me past metal detectors. For the inauguration, I drove through Maryland to Virginia, parked at a Metro station, locked the gun in the car, and took the train in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    What part of MD is west of the Mississippi? My maps don't show that?

Hahahhaha thanks! EAST
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sontavas View Post
    I will never understand why gun owners on this forum are so intimidated by not being able to carry. I've read countless posts about how guys who refuse to cross the state line into MD/NJ or take their family to Hershey Park if they cant carry. When did we turn into a bunch of snowflakes? As stated above, if you don't feel safe without a firearm on your hip then perhaps you should not leave your house.

I can understand "putting your money where your mouth is", but when we start boycotting whole states, I think we have crossed the line.

**Full disclosure, I live in Maryland**
    How can you speak from knowledge about carrying a firearm? You have no practical experience if you live in Maryland and can only guess what it is like. If you are true blue city dweller then you know what it's like to have no confidence about where you go and expect the government to protect you. They can't and won't protect you and as a matter of fact they are willing to sacrifice you and your family's lives for political gain. Keep voting for those that have no problem doing you harm to remain in power. If that means keeping you addicted to government handouts or having you rely on them to protect you it's all the same.
    Last edited by JenniferG; November 5th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lehigh County)

Moral of the story is: Some things are worth going into proverbial Enemy Territory for. It's an entirely personal choice to decide what's worth it.

Sounds to me like the OP has little love lost for his Italian-Guilt-Tripping mother. If he doesn't want to accommodate her wishes, that's his business. From my perspective, I don't think he should bother explaining his reasons, because he's probably explained it to her a thousand times over the past 25 years.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast