Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Why I don't travel to MD - for non-gunners

P.S. In Pa. a state trooper will take your gun apart and steal your apex trigger.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    My understanding also......................so how does the story float as a scan indicating gun permit/license hold water?
    Florida does tie your permit into your DL. So if you have a FL CCW and a FL DL it will show up.

(Warren County)

I'm with Sgt K.

Yinz can choose to support oppressive governments.

I don't.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    I'm with Sgt K.

Yinz can choose to support oppressive governments.

I don't.
    How is a visit to a museum "supporting" the government in any meaningful way? By not going, he pisses off his mom, deprives his son of a nice day out with the family, and misses out on an opportunity that he thinks is interesting.

Basically, he's protesting to his family, not the government of Maryland, because the Maryland government will never know or care about his protest. I'm just being practical here - the costs are real, the benefits are imaginary.

(York County)

I'm with Sgt. K on this one as well. I so sometimes find it necessary to travel THRU the communist state of MD to get to another destination. When I do I make sure I follow all the rules regarding storage of gun and ammo (requiring a stop PRIOR to entering MD) and a follow up stop as soon as I cross the state line into WV. I also make sure that I have sufficient fuel, food, and have take the require "rest stop" before crossing into MD. This avoids any possibility of spending any more time than necessary, as well as any of my money there. Scruff, while I fully support your right(s) to do as you see fit, spending ANY money in the state of MD does support their government, if through no other means than whatever tax cut they get from the businesses you may patronize. There are more than enough museums, festivals, and other sources of entertainment and/or education available here in PA if I want to spend a day that way. Voting, and voting with your pocketbook, are the two strongest ways for a free American citizen to make their feelings known, and while one individual may not make a significant difference, the combined voices of many surely can. The same goes for NY, NJ, CA, etc.!

(Allegheny County)

There are plenty of museums that are not in Maryland.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    How is a visit to a museum "supporting" the government in any meaningful way? By not going, he pisses off his mom, deprives his son of a nice day out with the family, and misses out on an opportunity that he thinks is interesting.

Basically, he's protesting to his family, not the government of Maryland, because the Maryland government will never know or care about his protest. I'm just being practical here - the costs are real, the benefits are imaginary.
    Every time you spend a penny in MD., the state gets a cut. Every time you buy gas or pay to enter a museum or eat a meal or buy a motel room, you are paying taxes. You are also supporting a local economy that tolerates and supports unconstitutional laws.

I choose to not go there or to NJ or NY!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Got him!

I worked in Baltimore for two weeks after the holidays. One day, while looking for an address, some street hooker was able to give me directions. Very nice person! Didn't charge me a cent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    What else did she give you?
    She applauded him for having the courage to man-up by admitting he was lost and asking for directions.

To be more concise:

She gave him the clap!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Every time you spend a penny in MD., the state gets a cut. Every time you buy gas or pay to enter a museum or eat a meal or buy a motel room, you are paying taxes. You are also supporting a local economy that tolerates and supports unconstitutional laws.

I choose to not go there or to NJ or NY!
    Yes, I get it. You don't want a penny to go to the state. Is a statement that Maryland will never hear more important than your family? The OP is fighting with his mom, and he's missing out on a trip with his son, who apparently doesn't live with him. Serious question - do those family issues not factor into your equation at all?

Here's another question - do you boycott Maryland companies? If not, doesn't that violate your "not a penny to MD" stance? No more hotel stays at the many Marriott and Choice brands, no more Perdue food products or DeWalt, Black & Decker or Craftsman tools, no more Sinclair Broadcasting programs, Geico, Polk Audio, LWRC rifles, Under Armour, no watching Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, the Science Channel or TLC, no medical treatments at Johns Hopkins (where my brother in law went for cancer treatment), and a bunch of other brands and companies. And if you're going to boycott Maryland companies because they pay taxes to the state, shouldn't you boycott companies in NY, NJ, CT, CA and other communist states?

Try to prevent every penny from going to a communist state and you'll live like a crazy hermit. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by scruff; November 4th, 2018 at 10:30 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Dick's doesn't know or care that I don't shop there.
    Either way, I still won't give them my money based on principal alone.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast