Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger Makes It Right, Part II

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    We should not be in favor of excluding a shipper from transporting firearms; that's already a choke point, and if the anti's think they can destroy the 2nd Amendment by banning all transport of firearms by common carriers, they will, just like they're actively trying to kill all CC processing for firearms industry businesses.

BTW, I would make really sure that the SN of the lost pistol is reported as stolen, because for damned sure it's in the hands of criminals now, and eventually it will be recovered at some crime scene and traced. That's when you want proof of the theft, in writing.
    Yes...I went to the local PD to report that it was missing/stolen. An officer took some info, and later came to my house to get a written statement. I gave them all the pertinent info including copies of the shipping label. I understand they also spoke to FedEx and Ruger. The officers said that I had done the right thing.

All the being said, I do not have a copy of the paperwork the police performed. I'll drop the officer an email today and see if I can get a copy to keep on file. Thanks for that, gun lawyer!

The shipping label, while not mentioning Ruger by name....does use the address, "200 Ruger Road". I suppose people looking to steal things like these know the addresses of all the gun makers anyhow.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    I'm assuming that they self-insure on these things as they prefer to build and ship one rather than allow me to get one from a local FFL that still has a couple. Regardless, I can't complain about the customer service.
    It does make me wonder that Ruger is making you whole on something that does not appear to be their fault. You (and us) will probably never know if Ruger will bill FedEx for the replacement costs or if the discounted rate Ruger probably receives from FedEx is negotiated on Ruger covering that cost. Also will the ATF be knocking on FedEx's door. I would bet that they have much more tracking info that we can't see.

(Bucks County)

Yet another update....and a surprise for me.

I had a phone call and email tonight from a (and yes, I checked it out to make sure it was legit) Postal Inspector in Guam. Seems that the missing LC9S would up in someone's mail and was turned into the post office there. If I understand correctly...unopened.

This inspector opened the package and found my information. I'm putting him and Ruger in contact so that it can be returned to Ruger. I've also sent this info to my local PD.

(Bucks County)

Yea! Score one for the good guys.

Oh shit. That Ruger may be what causes Guam to tip over.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Oh shit. That Ruger may be what causes Guam to tip over.
    LOL! I'm a little bugged that I didn't think of that myself!

(Bucks County)

I just thought of something that may make things difficult. Who legally owns the Ruger now? I'll bet it is the OP until Ruger runs it through their FFL to take ownership (or however a manufacturer does it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12