Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Ruger Makes It Right, Part II

We're not quite through this yet, but it sure looks like it's going to have a better ending than it could.

I won a Ruger LC9s at a friends of the NRA dinner. I wound up liking it very much and used it as a carry piece. As my luck would have it, the slide started to get some light rust. I cleaned it up and it looked good, but then I saw a Cerakote LC9s in a silver/grey that caught my eye. I figured it was a good time to trade up. My dealer had gotten a great deal on the other version and the didn't cost me a lot of money to switch into the new one.

The weekend before last, I couldn't get the new LC9s to chamber a round. I took it apart and reassembled several times but could not get the problem solved. Ruger Customer Service said they wanted it back to check it out. They sent a FedEx tag, and I dropped it off at a FedEx station. (A real one....not a store)

When I didn't hear from Ruger in a couple days...I checked the tracking number. It's last known location was the Memphis facility. I called FedEx on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and again this morning. They don't know where it is. I stopped at my local FFL today for some advice. They suggested I contact my local Police Department and explain the situation to them so that the firearm can be placed on a missing/stolen list. I went to the Police station today and later an officer came to the house to get a written statement.

By this time, I had again called Ruger. Ruger also had been in touch with FedEX, and they say it's unlikely it will turn up at this point. Ruger said that on Monday, they will again contact FedEx and if it has not been found...they will send a new LC9s to the FFL of my choosing. They also mentioned that they have none in stock like mine...so they will build one for me! I mentioned that customer service told me to also put the extra magazine I had bought in the box when I shipped the gun. Ruger replied that they will make sure two magazines are with the new one. Even better....I need to call after I get the new one so that they can refund the cost of the background check.

I had to share this with others as Ruger keeps changing my thinking on what to expect for customer service. We're all so used to getting bad service...Ruger steps to the plate.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Ruger Makes It Right, Part II

That's insane customer service right there. Nobody does that kind of stuff to my knowledge.

I've had both an earlier model LCP which I didn't like to shoot and sold, and a 22/45 which I loved but like an idiot sold because I didn't shoot it much.

I'm a big Ruger fan, have a few of them. Great to hear if I ever do have an issues. None so far though!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Bucks County)

Another update. Ruger called today to inform me that FedEx has not found the LC9S and in fact, didn't respond to their latest email. So...they're making a new one for me that should go out before the end of the week. Apparently, the savage silver LC9s is no longer made, and they have to cerakote a frame since they have none.

I'm assuming that they self-insure on these things as they prefer to build and ship one rather than allow me to get one from a local FFL that still has a couple. Regardless, I can't complain about the customer service.

(Montgomery County)

A bit scary FedEx just let's a handgun walk off. But we need more laws and stuff.

(Bucks County)

A final update. Ruger built and shipped a replacement to my FFL and I picked it up today.

As promised, it contained an extra magazine as they asked me to send the original LC9s to them with both magazines. (I had bought an extra.)

Big time kudos to Ruger for incredible customer service!

(Bucks County)

One would think BATFE would take an interest in a FEDEX loss of a handgun. Like blacklist them from transporting firearms. A lot of times corporations are unwilling to really investigate due to getting into it with the union.

(Bucks County)

I agree, Bang...one would think.

At least in my case, the local police were informed and got involved. I wanted to make sure that I was clear of the entire episode.

While Ruger was tremendous in making it right for me...I was surprised that they would make a new piece and ship to my FFL, as opposed to sending payment for me to replace. Perhaps it's more cost effective for them. While the customer service people told me the package was "insured", it makes me wonder if they "self-insure" instead of actually insuring the package. I should add that I'm not complaining...just wondering.
    Last edited by MattMPA; November 17th, 2018 at 09:57 AM.

(Bucks County)

Scary that FedEx would loose it. Someone may have recognized the address it was going to.

I have a Walther PPS M2 that needs to go back for the recall. Got the paperwork printed and box and it will go to FedEx later today. The destination name on the label is just WAI-R. I'm guessing Walther Arms Inc. - Returns. When FedEx asks what it is, all I'm going to say is machined parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    One would think BATFE would take an interest in a FEDEX loss of a handgun. Like blacklist them from transporting firearms. A lot of times corporations are unwilling to really investigate due to getting into it with the union.
    We should not be in favor of excluding a shipper from transporting firearms; that's already a choke point, and if the anti's think they can destroy the 2nd Amendment by banning all transport of firearms by common carriers, they will, just like they're actively trying to kill all CC processing for firearms industry businesses.

BTW, I would make really sure that the SN of the lost pistol is reported as stolen, because for damned sure it's in the hands of criminals now, and eventually it will be recovered at some crime scene and traced. That's when you want proof of the theft, in writing.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast