Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Firearms Design and Suggestions

Instead of hi techy approaches like "smart" guns, which could be hacked by an oppressive state (think NJ/NY/CA) and rendered useless...

How about Kitchen Table Technology: firearms that an be made with a minimum of skills, tools, and easily obtained materials.

When you've solved that, work on the ammo issue, which is more difficult.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    ^^^This^^^

I made that mistake my freshman year of college. English prof asked us to write a paper on a current topic in the news. I wrote one on the current political climate surrounding the 2nd amendment. The '94 ban was still a bit away, but I could see the writing on the wall. When I got the paper back it said in big red letters at the top "I don't agree with your subject. -F". The prof had no problem with grammar or spelling. He just didn't like guns. That was my first of many experiences with liberal, left leaning, college educators.
    Sorry you had such a jerky professor - I wonder how many #METOO moments he/she could have headlined....

#1 daughter did a paper for her senior year in PA high-school on 2A shortly after 911. Well researched, foot-noted, pics included. Then she had to present the paper to the class, discuss it, and defend it. She received an "A" for her "senior project".

#4 son presented a science project in 6th grade at a PA middle school. It was about the ballistics of a pneumatic potato cannon - from 50 - 550 yards. He sourced the parts, built the potato cannon and stand, borrowed my bicycle pump and laser range finder, and tested it out on a farm field. He received the 1st place blue ribbon for his science project.

Sadly, when he was promoted to 7th grade, he came home after the first day of school looking sad.

"Hey, what happened?"

"It was all good until science class when the teacher said "And last year some kid's dad built him a potato cannon which won the Blue Ribbon last year. It ain't happening here this year in MY class."

I showed up the next day and read her the riot act:

"My son researched everything, sourced, the parts, went to Home Depot (with me driving) and purchased them with the money he made from selling "Swedish Fish" at school (which got 'outlawed' because kids preferred to eat Swedish Fish instead of the crappy lunches their moms packed for them), and put around 130 hours into this science project. Most kids don't spend more than a dozen hours begging their parents to finish their science project homework"

She (the 7th grade science teacher) said:

"I knew my remarks would come back to haunt me - I just didn't expect it to be so soon."

All I can suggest is that when things appear to be inappropriately directed at your kids, parents everywhere are the front lines of defense. Especially where public schools are concerned.

Show up!
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'd have been tempted to write, "And I don't like your course FU".
    I dropped his class and took another one the following semester. My second mistake was taking an English class at 8 am after working until 2 am most nights. Arrogant English prof aside, I was dead tired at that hour. The following semester I scheduled as many of my classes as I could for later in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Sorry you had such a jerky professor - I wonder how many #METOO moments he/she could have headlined....

#1 daughter did a paper for her senior year in PA high-school on 2A shortly after 911. Well researched, foot-noted, pics included. Then she had to present the paper to the class, discuss it, and defend it. She received an "A" for her "senior project".

#4 son presented a science project in 6th grade at a PA middle school. It was about the ballistics of a pneumatic potato cannon - from 50 - 550 yards. He sourced the parts, built the potato cannon and stand, borrowed my bicycle pump and laser range finder, and tested it out on a farm field. He received the 1st place blue ribbon for his science project.

Sadly, when he was promoted to 7th grade, he came home after the first day of school looking sad.
    "Hey, what happened?"

"It was all good until science class when the teacher said "And last year some kid's dad built him a potato cannon which won the Blue Ribbon last year. It ain't happening here this year in MY class."

I showed up the next day and read her the riot act:

"My son researched everything, sourced, the parts, went to Home Depot (with me driving) and purchased them with the money he made from selling "Swedish Fish" at school (which got 'outlawed' because kids preferred to eat Swedish Fish instead of the crappy lunches their moms packed for them), and put around 130 hours into this science project. Most kids don't spend more than a dozen hours begging their parents to finish their science project homework"

She (the 7th grade science teacher) said:
    "I knew my remarks would come back to haunt me - I just didn't expect it to be so soon."

All I can suggest is that when things appear to be inappropriately directed at your kids, parents everywhere are the front lines of defense. Especially where public schools are concerned.

Show up!
    In 7th grade I took a Brown Bess to school and demonstrated its use on the football field (powder and patch only). Even let a couple of classmates shoot it. We were studying the American Revolution. I got permission from my History teacher, the Principal, and my dad. I brought it with me on the bus, dropped it off at the main office, and retrieved it at class time. Each time the teacher accompanied me to and from the office. At the end of the day, I picked up the Bess and took it home again on the bus.

No one batted an eyelash.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

I'd love to see a thin, striker fired 9mm with a grip cocking device. Squeeze the grip and cock the gun. release the grip and it's safe. Under $1,200!
    With great power comes great responsibility....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    I'd love to see a thin, striker fired 9mm with a grip cocking device. Squeeze the grip and cock the gun. release the grip and it's safe. Under $1,200!
    You mean an HK P7 (minus the cost part)

(York County)

The all new Polymer P-7, Now with a new fiber reinforced Ceramic barrel (w/ built in knife sharpening notch) designed for use with the new (3-D printed) Polymer projectile / Polymer cased Non-Lethal ammunition.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234