presents

PSC’s Pistol Method

March 29th & 30th, 2019
    5:30 pm – 9:30 pm Friday
    9:30 am – 5:30 pm Saturday

Washington County Tactical Range
    West Alexander, PA

eventbrite.png

PSC’s Pistol Method is a technical course of fire designed to teach and reinforce the fundamentals of practical pistol shooting.

We meet Friday evening for discussion of safety protocols and shooting theory. Instructors interact with students utilizing both pistol simulators and live guns.

Shooting skills are developed and enhanced on Saturday. Material covered includes body alignment, grip, presentation, aiming, trigger manipulation, reloads, target transitions, ammunition management, and malfunction clearance.

Instructors explain and demonstrate practice techniques so that students may continue to develop with confidence.

You MUST HAVE the following to participate:

•ballistic eye protection
    •hearing protection
    •sturdy belt
    •Kydex holster
    •magazine carrier
    •semi-auto pistol of at least .380 caliber
    •three spare magazines
    •300 rounds of factory FMJ ammunition
    •weapon lubricant
    •tourniquet

PSC’s Pistol Method challenges across the shooting skills spectrum – students should be of sound body and mind.

You need to bring lunch on Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jay_Cunningham; March 10th, 2019 at 10:40 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PSC’s Pistol Method - March 29th & 30th, 2019 - West Alexander, PA

What are the costs for the class ?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    What are the costs for the class ?
    $200.00

+

$9.91 event fee

(Beaver County)

Don't miss out on the PSC 20% Eventbrite discount code BLACKFRIDAY in effect through this Monday.
    In addition to open enrollment classes, PSC conducts private training, seminars, and house calls.

Hi,
    This pistol class looks really interesting, and is really close to where I live (it's hard to find quality training in our area). I'm thinking abut registering for this pistol class. Couple of questions: 1. does the holster have to be a kydex one? I've never found a kydex holster that I like. Instead I carry in an Urban Carry leather holster (https://urbancarryholsters.com/urban...-build-g2.html), and I'd really like to train with what I use on a daily basis. Is that OK, or is a kydex holster required?
    2. I want to see if a good friend wants to take the class with me. He carries a revolver, not a semi-auto. Is that an option for the class, or is it semi-auto only?

Thanks!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by camwvu View Post
    Hi,
    This pistol class looks really interesting, and is really close to where I live (it's hard to find quality training in our area). I'm thinking abut registering for this pistol class. Couple of questions: 1. does the holster have to be a kydex one? I've never found a kydex holster that I like. Instead I carry in an Urban Carry leather holster (https://urbancarryholsters.com/urban...-build-g2.html), and I'd really like to train with what I use on a daily basis. Is that OK, or is a kydex holster required?
    2. I want to see if a good friend wants to take the class with me. He carries a revolver, not a semi-auto. Is that an option for the class, or is it semi-auto only?

Thanks!
    Thanks for your interest.

After watching the video, I will not allow the Urban Carry holster in my classes. I can discuss the specifics of why if you are interested; suffice to say there are several serious potential issues.

I will allow a revolver if the prospective student gives me their assurance that they have some practical experience with it. I will not slow an entire class of semi auto pistol shooters down for one individual struggling with a wheelgun. I have had experienced wheelgunners go through with no issues at all.

Hi Jay,
    I tried to send you a private message, but the system wouldn't let me (it said you need to delete some messages before you could receive new ones).
    Last edited by camwvu; November 25th, 2018 at 09:20 PM.

(Beaver County)

I emptied out my inbox.

PM inbound.

(Beaver County)

The 20% discount code expires tonight.

(Beaver County)

We're about five weeks out from our first open enrollment Pistol Method class in 2019.

This 12 hour course of fire will be at Washington County Tactical Range near the WV border.

Four hours Friday night and eight hours on Saturday, people.

$200 is easy on the wallet for this level of technical shooting instruction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast