Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Angry Chinese surprised me

30 years ago I bought a Chinese SKS carbine at a gun show and I paid 90 bucks for it. I recently picked up a Yugo SKS at three times the price. I finally got around to doing a thorough cleaning of it, and I was really surprised. The Yugo machining couldn't carry the Chinese models lunchbox. The Chinese fit and finish is like a Kentucky Derby racehorse, and the Yugo is a plow horse. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so the jury is still out.
    Last edited by joeyj; November 7th, 2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: left word out

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Chinese surprised me

Interesting, I have several Chicom/Norinco SKS rifles and have sold several others.. I think with them it depends on when they were made.. some have pretty good Fit and Finish.. yet some are built like JUNK. I have several Yugo SKS rifles as well and my examples are all pretty good.. but these were purchased years ago and no way reflecting what may be on the market now.

(Butler County)

Once again I need my time machine to go back and pick up some china SKS"s and AK's. I just seen a chinese AK going for $1200. 6X what they were new

(Armstrong County)

And that's cheap, $1200, for some Chinese AKs.
    Look up some new in box Clayco imported underfolders.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    Once again I need my time machine to go back and pick up some china SKS"s and AK's. I just seen a chinese AK going for $1200. 6X what they were new
    I sold my norinco underfolder for 2200.00 about 5 years ago.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    30 years ago I bought a Chinese SKS carbine at a gun show and I paid 90 bucks for it. I recently picked up a Yugo SKS at three times the price. I finally got around to doing a thorough cleaning of it, and I was really surprised. The Yugo machining couldn't carry the Chinese models lunchbox. The Chinese fit and finish is like a Kentucky Derby racehorse, and the Yugo is a plow horse. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so the jury is still out.
    Funny, I've typically heard the opposite.

But still if you paid under $300 recently for an SKS in at least fair condition, you didn't do so badly.

(Blair County)

Back in the day (late 80s early 90s) These used to be thrown into a barrel at my LGS take your pick for 69$

(Bucks County)

if we only knew then...
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

The Chinese have always made good military rifles. Their AKM’s are in the top 3 as far as I’m concerned, and I’ve never seen a single “junk” commercial or military SKS in my years of collecting and selling dozens of SKS rifles that wasn’t made that way by Bubba and Tapco.

The notion that Chinese weapons suck is a myth that just keeps getting regurgitated and passed on. Yes the new $99.00 12ga shotgun imports are cheap crap but we are talking military style weapons here which unfortunately can no longer be imported.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The Chinese have always made good military rifles. Their AKM’s are in the top 3 as far as I’m concerned, and I’ve never seen a single “junk” commercial or military SKS in my years of collecting and selling dozens of SKS rifles that wasn’t made that way by Bubba and Tapco.

The notion that Chinese weapons suck is a myth that just keeps getting regurgitated and passed on. Yes the new $99.00 12ga shotgun imports are cheap crap but we are talking military style weapons here which unfortunately can no longer be imported.
    hell....the type 54...m44 copy....the workings of the rifle are quite possibly more quality than the real thing, regardless of country of manufacture. (wood sucks...Yay. wood is replaceable)
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast