Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default FedEx cuts the NRA Discount Program

FED EX held out despite the blacklash of the Parkland shooting but FED EX is now ending its discount program for NRA members. Fed EX claims it was not because of the recent shooting but rather it was because of this:

The change of tack comes just days after a gunman killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. The $56 billion logistics company says the closure of its NRA discount program from Nov. 4 has no connection to that incident or any other shooting. Rather, the NRA just didn’t bring in enough business to merit its own deal. It’s among dozens of organizations FedEx plans to move to new pricing programs, and the company has been notifying customers since early October.
    Here is the entire article:

NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Mass shootings happen in an instant and grab headlines. A business and investment shift away from the firearms industry is happening more subtly. FedEx, the U.S. shipping group, is ending a program that offers discounts for business members of the National Rifle Association, the company confirmed to Breakingviews.

It’s a quiet reversal: eight months ago, FedEx stood by the gun-rights lobby group as other companies scrapped deals. They were reacting to the NRA’s stance after 17 students and staff members were murdered at a Florida high school by a former student. Companies including Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and car-rental firm Enterprise swiftly ended member discounts. At the time, FedEx said that while assault rifles of the kind used in most American mass shootings shouldn’t be in civilian hands, it did not believe in “discriminating” between organizations it works with.

The change of tack comes just days after a gunman killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. The $56 billion logistics company says the closure of its NRA discount program from Nov. 4 has no connection to that incident or any other shooting. Rather, the NRA just didn’t bring in enough business to merit its own deal. It’s among dozens of organizations FedEx plans to move to new pricing programs, and the company has been notifying customers since early October.

That, though, is still significant – perhaps more so than largely political gestures. It suggests the NRA no longer has the economic clout to inspire fear in the corporate world. The group nearly put gunmaker Smith & Wesson out of business in 2000 when it branded the company a “sellout” for agreeing to back stronger gun controls. Boycotts from NRA members followed, and Smith & Wesson’s chief executive lost his job.

Gun-rights lobbyists have resisted both technology that could make firearms safer and no-brainer efforts like making more federal data on firearms incidents readily available. But companies are becoming less timid. When retailers Dick’s Sporting Goods, Walmart and Kroger pledged to end sales of assault rifles earlier this year, their shares didn’t suffer. As customers and investors change their views, businesses no longer need to take an overtly political stance – they can just follow the money.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1N425N

(Berks County)

Default Re: FedEx cuts the NRA Discount Program

Well crap nobody ever advertised that discount. I’d have used it.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Gun community is terrible about getting news out.

(Montgomery County)

I wonder how many people actually use their NRA card for any discounts?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I can usually get better deals with other programs I have but have used NRA on occasion.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I am a member of USAA and American Legion. I qualify for AARP. There are lots of discounts out there.

(Washington County)

Never knew about this program and don't have a beef with it being eliminated. I'm not in this for discounts and free crap. Until they announce they are donating however much towards common sense gun reforms, we're good.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I get all the fucking ads for that stupid fucking wine club- yea this would of been nice to know.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Maybe the NRA is dying a slow death. I sure as hell hope not. But the writing is on the wall. Cuomo cutting off Insurance sales and other states strong arming Banks to cut off the NRA. It's just a matter of time.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I am a member of USAA and American Legion. I qualify for AARP. There are lots of discounts out there.

AARP is a contributor to many anti gun groups and is itself a very unpopular anti gun organization that would take your guns away from you in any way they can. Please don't give that insurance company any of your money.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast