Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Default Re: We NEED 2A Activists in Harrisburg to Stop Gun Ban ** UPDATED NOV 4, 2018 **

We also ought to be thinking of doing more than just reacting to the Bloomberg/Soros family of anti-Constitution organizations. We should be thinking about what we want and getting our bills in the hopper. Every session, all the antis propose whatever they want and we have to fight it. How about us keeping pushing the pre-emption enforcement bill to replace the nearly toothless provisions on the books already? How about pushing for statutory recognition of carry permits from all states (that might improve the recognition fo PA LTCFs in other states)? How about amending the semiauto hunting law to establish fixed criteria for hunting with semiautos and taking it out of the subjective hands of the Game Commission? Improve our castle doctrine. Make it apply to our automobiles like it does it Texas. Specifically allow for disparity of force in numbers as a justifiable factor in self defense (this is becoming more critical as the Democrat paras are increasing their organized mob and riot assaults).

This is just a start. It does not matter that Wolf will veto it all. Force him and the anti's to do stop these common sense gun laws. For once, put them on the defensive.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: We NEED 2A Activists in Harrisburg to Stop Gun Ban ** UPDATED NOV 4, 2018 **

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    How much would it cost to hire said lobbyist and how would we even go about doing it? I'm certainly willing to donate money towards that goal, and I'm sure others are as well. Hell we could even ask Kahr arms to help out.
    I will talk to the NRA and GOA to get a professional 2A lobbyist recommended or on loan to be assigned to Harrisburg 60 days per year.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I spent an hour last evening with my State Rep, Seth Grove - 196th District. He won, with 100% of the vote.

I told him we're planning appearances at the Capital possibly as soon as next week and he said verbatim "That would really help if you did."

I told him my concerns about the bill trying to ban carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle and he said there's little chance that even makes it to a vote but we still need to keep fighting.

Quoting for emphasis.

Even our legislators on our side WANT US to come help them out!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

I would be happy to meet up with a group in Harrisburg several times a session to help boost numbers of pro-2a guys in the capitol.

I think hiring a dedicated activist would really be great. I can chip in a bit toward paying for that.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    I would be happy to meet up with a group in Harrisburg several times a session to help boost numbers of pro-2a guys in the capitol.

I think hiring a dedicated activist would really be great. I can chip in a bit toward paying for that.
    Thank you.
    You are added to the list.
    I will keep you informed as this gets put together.
    Bern-

(Chester County)

I really appreciate what the NRA and other national orgs have done for gun rights, but we've been leaning on them too much. They are not set up to fight at the state level like needs to be done.

Just sending money and sitting back isn't enough - we need to get down in the trenches ourselves. The fight is on our doorstep in PA right now.

(Montgomery County)

I really appreciate what the NRA and other national orgs have done for gun rights, but we've been leaning on them too much. They are not set up to fight at the state level like needs to be done.

Just sending money and sitting back isn't enough - we need to get down in the trenches ourselves. The fight is on our doorstep in PA right now.
    Well said.
    Thanks for standing up to protect the 2A in PA.

(Westmoreland County)

Money talks louder than I can holler. So do good ideas.

One can write letters to the editor. Write letters to legislators. Volunteer to help legislators. Go on Social Media. Send money as a thank you to people who vote properly.

Legislators know that gun people have long memories. Long after the Bloombergian Hordes have gone home to celebrate a "victory for common sense gun control" we are stuck with the results. They don't want to make serious enemies with money.

Quite a few of us like the skirmishes over ideas. Almost as much fun as shooting.

(Westmoreland County)

Reelecting Governor Tom Wolf and Senator Bob Casey were critical for our movement, and we have made serious gains in the Pennsylvania legislature. We have elected five new Senators, all of whom are strong gun violence prevention advocates: Maria Collette, Steve Santarsiero, Katie Muth, Tim Kearney and Lindsey Williams. In the House of Representatives, we have many new partners as well: Joe Ciresi, Elizabeth Hanbidge, Joe Webster, Dan Williams, Danielle Friel Otten, Jennifer O'Mara, Joe Hohenstein, Pam Hacker, Steve Malagari, Wendy Ullman, Melissa Shusterman, Christina Sappey, Mike Zabel, Kristine Howard, and Malcolm Kenyatta. We are excited to work with all of these legislators, as well as our friends returning for new terms, to enact stronger laws for Pennsylvania.
    Seeing jagoff Tom go back for another four years foolishness is disappointing. I wish that Mr. Wagner tried less to ride on Trump's coat tails, did more of his own walking. Maybe that's unfair but that's how I see it, and I voted for him and donated to him.

The gun control nuts who won Senate positions, all five of them, could be critical on close votes. Fifteen Representatives are a bigger problem. I can only hope that they're idealists, weak politicians, and tend to be shrill. Such people don't lead campaigns in the legislature.

This year, CeaseFirePA registered 1,000 new voters, and CeaseFire Pennsylvania reached almost 50,000 voters who often skip midterm elections to remind them that gun violence prevention was on the ballot. The CeaseFirePA PAC sent 42,000 pieces of mail, called 25,000 voters, and funded digital ads that reached 200,000 voters. Our messaging drove support for candidates who pledged to work for our gun violence prevention agenda, helped ensure many open seats were won by candidates who support the gun violence prevention agenda, and helped defeat incumbents who had taken dangerous pro-gun lobby votes.
    They pat themselves on the back too hard. These are trivial numbers.

(Carbon County)

I was gonna ask, where is the NRA here in PA? This is one heck of a battleground state for 2A rights.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast