Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: We NEED 2A Activists in Harrisburg to Stop Gun Ban ** UPDATED NOV 4, 2018 **

Yes, please let me know as well. I'm 2 hours away but we need to be there. I'm fed up fighting for an actual right that states it shall not be questioned. I'm ready, just let me know... I'll get the word out on Facebook and emails too.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: We NEED 2A Activists in Harrisburg to Stop Gun Ban ** UPDATED NOV 4, 2018 **

Btw, what's the goal for turnout each day? 50? 200? We have 75000 members here and we should easily get 100 people out there each day... Can we have a bright red banner on top of the site? Can we start preparing with car pools?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Btw, what's the goal for turnout each day? 50? 200? We have 75000 members here and we should easily get 100 people out there each day... Can we have a bright red banner on top of the site? Can we start preparing with car pools?
    I doubt that we could even rally into the double digits but I would be happy if I was proven wrong. I'm retired and can car pool with you almost any time there is something going on.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I spent an hour last evening with my State Rep, Seth Grove - 196th District. He won, with 100% of the vote.

I told him we're planning appearances at the Capital possibly as soon as next week and he said verbatim "That would really help if you did."

I told him my concerns about the bill trying to ban carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle and he said there's little chance that even makes it to a vote but we still need to keep fighting.

Oh and this Saturday...

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Yes, please let me know as well. I'm 2 hours away but we need to be there. I'm fed up fighting for an actual right that states it shall not be questioned.
    If our side would start imposing consequences on those who try to push the anti gun stuff we wouldn't have to keep fighting so much or at least not as often. Strip them of leadership positions, take away party funding and assistance, etc. Why do we always fight from the last line of defense instead of stronger positions?

(Berks County)

OK people, here is the reality: (from Shira Goodman)

CeaseFirePA

Gun violence prevention was on the ballot and we won

Together, we put gun violence prevention front and center, and the people of Pennsylvania proved this is a voting issue. The results will have a major impact on gun violence prevention policy at the state and federal levels.

Reelecting Governor Tom Wolf and Senator Bob Casey were critical for our movement, and we have made serious gains in the Pennsylvania legislature. We have elected five new Senators, all of whom are strong gun violence prevention advocates: Maria Collette, Steve Santarsiero, Katie Muth, Tim Kearney and Lindsey Williams. In the House of Representatives, we have many new partners as well: Joe Ciresi, Elizabeth Hanbidge, Joe Webster, Dan Williams, Danielle Friel Otten, Jennifer O'Mara, Joe Hohenstein, Pam Hacker, Steve Malagari, Wendy Ullman, Melissa Shusterman, Christina Sappey, Mike Zabel, Kristine Howard, and Malcolm Kenyatta. We are excited to work with all of these legislators, as well as our friends returning for new terms, to enact stronger laws for Pennsylvania.

This year, CeaseFirePA registered 1,000 new voters, and CeaseFire Pennsylvania reached almost 50,000 voters who often skip midterm elections to remind them that gun violence prevention was on the ballot. The CeaseFirePA PAC sent 42,000 pieces of mail, called 25,000 voters, and funded digital ads that reached 200,000 voters. Our messaging drove support for candidates who pledged to work for our gun violence prevention agenda, helped ensure many open seats were won by candidates who support the gun violence prevention agenda, and helped defeat incumbents who had taken dangerous pro-gun lobby votes.

Gun violence prevention is always on the ballot. This year, high numbers of Pennsylvanians made it a critical voting issue, and the results bear that out. You sent a message that our elected officials must be on the right side of this issue and stand up for a safer Pennsylvania.

Thank you.

Donate Now ›

CeaseFirePA
    P..O. Box 60095
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102
    215-923-3151
    info@ceasefirepa.org

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: We NEED 2A Activists in Harrisburg to Stop Bloomberg Gun Ban Push on NOV 12, 13,

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    How will we know when we’re needed? Will you post it to this thread? I am hoping they won’t be pushing for more anti gun bills on the state level for awhile, I spent a lot of time down in Harrisburg after the Florida shooting and it would be nice to just enjoy shooting my firearms for awhile, without worrying about anti gun bills. It’s tiring fighting them off when you work a full time job and live 100+ miles from the capital.

But I will do it all over again and stand with you all once again to protect the rights we enjoy in this state, I don’t want PA to become like my old home, NYC...
    I will post to this thread to let people know when they are needed.
    The FOAC will be notified by 2A reps when something is being pushed, and the FOAC will let us know the best time to respond.
    I am working on getting this organized, there have been inquires about donating time and money.
    More to follow soon.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Default Re: We NEED 2A Activists in Harrisburg to Stop Bloomberg Gun Ban Push on NOV 12, 13,

independent [outside of the capitol] rep offices don't count as prohibited carry places, do they?
    i want to visit brown, she won and it's time to remind her what side she's supposed to be on.
    hate leaving my gun in the car.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

We have 75,000 PAFOA members on paper.
    With regard to PAFOA people we can actively engage, we are probably looking at 1,000 give or take.

For a targeted rally we want big numbers obviously.
    Using the annual 2A rally as a model, we probably max out at 700-1000 people when everyone gets interested enough to get involved.

For the longer daily lobbying fight in the Capitol we can only rely on our retired, disabled, and self employed, who have the flexibility to make regular trips to Harrisburg.
    Given our realities we are probably looking at organizing a rotation of 30-50 well informed people actively lobbying the legislators.

There are only 60 legislative days per year, so we can do a lot with 30 people willing to make 4 or 5 trips to Harrisburg each year.
    Obviously the more people we have the more impact we can make, and the less we need to burden each individual traveling to the Capitol.

If we want to be able to fight Moms Demand/CeasefirePA, we need to recognize that they are just a front for Bloomberg to funnel his anti 2A funding.
    To be truly effective against Bloomberg, we are going to need a professional 2A lobbyist to act as an anchor for our 2A volunteers to gravitate around.
    A professional 2A lobbyist in the Capitol 60 days per year would take our effort to the next level, which is exactly what is needed to stop our 2A losses.

So what we need is a group effort from as much of the PA 2A community as possible.
    We need people to donate their time or their money.
    Our time flexible people can donate their time to lobby the Legislature, and our time inflexible people can donate their money to employ a professional 2A lobbyist.

What I'm proposing is entirely doable.
    The PA 2A community can do this without reinventing the wheel or selling their first born children.
    All that is needed is a little commitment to support and defend our Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Pennsylvania.

Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

How much would it cost to hire said lobbyist and how would we even go about doing it? I'm certainly willing to donate money towards that goal, and I'm sure others are as well. Hell we could even ask Kahr arms to help out.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast