Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default I caught the Smith and Wesson bug again.

I thought that finally acquiring a 29-2 would quiet my urge for circa 1970s revolvers but it seems to have had the opposite effect. In the last few weeks I have added these two beauties to the collection. The first photo is a 1975 produced 19-3 nickel 357. It was supposedly a former Florida law enforcement issue revolver although I can’t verify that.
    The second is a bit newer, it’s a 1986 produced 586-1 in nearly flawless condition. The triggers on both are everything I hoped they would be and accuracy is parallel.
    They were $625 each. I’m hoping one of our resident gun shop employees can give me feedback on those prices. They are worth every penny to me which is what matters but I’m curious as to what the average price may be.
    Thanks for looking and any input, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bripro; October 25th, 2018 at 08:33 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Perry County)

Default Re: I caught the Smith and Wesson bug again.

I am taking photos for Gunbroker. I have quality photography gear including studio flashes. I rarely do much with it but take auction photos. But even auction photos can turn out great with a bit of effort.

Didn't see a reason to start a new thread for one photo. Figured I'd hang it here.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Can you catch a bullet exiting?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

I would pay $625 for either of those revolvers all day long. I think you got very fair deals.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I thought that finally acquiring a 29-2 would quiet my urge for circa 1970s revolvers but it seems to have had the opposite effect. In the last few weeks I have added these two beauties to the collection. The first photo is a 1975 produced 19-3 nickel 357. It was supposedly a former Florida law enforcement issue revolver although I can’t verify that.
    The second is a bit newer, it’s a 1986 produced 586-1 in nearly flawless condition. The triggers on both are everything I hoped they would be and accuracy is parallel.
    They were $625 each. I’m hoping one of our resident gun shop employees can give me feedback on those prices. They are worth every penny to me which is what matters but I’m curious as to what the average price may be.
    Thanks for looking and any input, as always, is greatly appreciated.

bipro, Those are two really desirable and well build revolvers. The 19-3 is pinned and recessed with factory target stocks$$(The football cut out wont let you use a speed loader since it's only there to allow spent rounds to be ejected easier). One really cool feature on that gun is the patridge front sight, that appears to be factory, those guns come standard with a front ramp sight.

The 586-1 is slick looking with that full under-lug and the front sight red insert, it too has factory target stocks$$ but unlike your 19's stocks they're designed to be used with a speed loader.

As far as price, it's a little hard to tell from the pics on condition but if both guns are as good as they look and function is solid, I would say you did VERY WELL!!

Regards,

Kobsw