Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Lebanon, Nov 3-4

$5, free parking, near Shyda's
    http://www.eaglearmsgunshows.com/

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Lebanon, Nov 3-4

Busy weekend but I might try to make this one Sunday afternoon. It's small but usually has some interesting things. Not sure how busy it'll be due to the pending election.

(Berks County)

Anyone to the Lebanon show today?

(Lancaster County)

I did find some good ammo deals.
    I bought 250 rounds of Speer 124+p 9mm for $100.
    I wasn't really looking to buy any firearms so I can't comment on whether there were good deals or not.

(Lancaster County)

I walked around and got my $5 worth of entertainment. I wasn't really shopping for anything, so I didn't buy anything. The show is always a good excuse to stop by Shyda's Outdoors, which is just down the road. Shyda's now has their used guns in the room on the left, half way up the steps.

(Berks County)

May have to take a drive just for something to do. It usually is a worthwhile show.
    Thanks all for the heads up...

(Lebanon County)

Could have had a NEF single shot with scope for $375.... And to believe one of the dealers was complaining that nobody was buying. If they were confused why not it was due to the ridiculous prices. Everyone assumes since the economy improved that this is how to run a business lately. I have been looking around at other local shops lately and sadly they have significantly raised the prices as well. I also heard that they cant compete with the internet sales recently. Well if you consistently want to asked suggested retail prices and every used gun is a collector piece in your opinion... Ok I'm done now LOL

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 65mustang View Post
    Could have had a NEF single shot with scope for $375.... And to believe one of the dealers was complaining that nobody was buying. If they were confused why not it was due to the ridiculous prices. Everyone assumes since the economy improved that this is how to run a business lately. I have been looking around at other local shops lately and sadly they have significantly raised the prices as well. I also heard that they cant compete with the internet sales recently. Well if you consistently want to asked suggested retail prices and every used gun is a collector piece in your opinion... Ok I'm done now LOL
    the market is VERY odd right now. i have stood on both sides of the table in the past 15 years and have noticed many changes. the guys who panic buy are broke. the AR market took a shit. the collector grade stuff isn't out there and when you do find a good piece, the public doesn't know what it is and are cheap asses stating "i can get that on gunbroker for $40 less" but they forget to add in shipping and transfer fees. i have noticed that lots of dealers are raising their prices and i too have sticker shock on many things when i walk around the shows. i dont care for the lack of guns at gun shows and that is hurting the market as well. the fact that there is a gun show every single weekend in a local area doesn't help. the guys that come to shows just to fondle guns, kick tires, and make offers of a 40% discount of the price on the tag make it tough on dealers. keep in mind that the promoters are raising prices on table fees, dealers can't get the inventory for cheap anymore because anyone who wants to sell quotes the internet prices they see and they somehow think their gun is the same and worth the same value as that one on the internet. i did Oaks, and then York which are supposed to be great shows. they were both sub par in terms of people actually spending money. i sold some very high end guns at Oaks with no one asking for discounts on $5000 rifles. i did York and i had guys asking for 40% off magazines, $1000 of a dummy gun, and one cheap skate asking for $10 off a rifle after he just dropped $17,000 on a rifle a few tables down. it never ceases to amaze me how brazen some of the potential buyers can be.

(Chester County)

I go to both the Oaks and York shows. I usually have money and am willing to spend it. However the depression era mentality that I inherited from my parents will not allow me to pay a high price even if I really want the gun. As long as prices are reasonable, I'm a buyer.