Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: rifle vs unholstered handgun for checking out trespass situation

Holstered handgun and slung rifle with body camera rolling, have witnesses.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Holstered handgun and slung rifle with body camera rolling, have witnesses.
    If your hell bent on doing it this would be the best way.

ghillie suit
    sniper rifle (suppressed)
    shovel
    shut up
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Avoiding confrontation is always the best approach.
    Sure it angers her that some scum are using her property as a toilet, and it would anger me as well.
    Age, however has taught me that seeking confrontation never ends well, even though it may feel satisfying.
    Definitely get the police involved. File a report. Get it on record. Set up camera's, as suggested.
    Confronting the perps half cocked with a gun has too much liability, and too many bad scenarios to give serious consideration, IMO.

That said my vote would be concealed or holstered in an attempt to avoid escalation. I realize ultimately some type of confrontation may become necessary because it's more likely than not that the police won't be able to do much without a plate or video, pics, etc., but I would still give other avenues a chance.

(York County)

Just a curious question: how many of you made your recommendations based on the fact that it's a woman?

I agree with the handgun in a holster. I don't see this as a confrontation, more of a notice to the dumpers, who finally understand someone is aware of their activities. How many of us would have let that continue on our property? I know I wouldn't, and it would take the police about 20 minutes to get here.

We had someone trespass on our farm and threaten my wife with great bodily harm years ago. One quick cell phone call from her was all it took. He saw me coming with a shotgun resting on my shoulder and didn't want to stick around and chat (honest, I was just hunting dove officer). Take a shotgun over a rifle any day, Especially for those with less experience.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Just a curious question: how many of you made your recommendations based on the fact that it's a woman?

I agree with the handgun in a holster. I don't see this as a confrontation, more of a notice to the dumpers, who finally understand someone is aware of their activities. How many of us would have let that continue on our property? I know I wouldn't, and it would take the police about 20 minutes to get here.

We had someone trespass on our farm and threaten my wife with great bodily harm years ago. One quick cell phone call from her was all it took. He saw me coming with a shotgun resting on my shoulder and didn't want to stick around and chat (honest, I was just hunting dove officer). Take a shotgun over a rifle any day, Especially for those with less experience.
    My response is how I would hope I would handle it.
    I am a property owner.

Your example is apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post

I made my recommendation based on what I would do or tell my wife to do. I can tell you if a women confronts a small group of men on her own then that tell's the men that it's quite possible only that woman lives in the house all a lone and by herself which is not something you want to let scumbags know.

Being smart is just that not sexist.

(Delaware County)

Holstered and concealed pistol.
    Let the ass*hole make the first move.

"say when".
    Unless your going to take "crazy uncle joe's" advice and fire a 12 gauge through the door.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by forby View Post
    If I recall correctly, he won.......

sort of
    Not sort off, it worked out according to the plan.

(Delaware County)

You wouldn't, by any chance, keep hogs????

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast