Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What's the difference to the buyer if the gun is C&R

I am eyeying some surplus pistols (CZ82 to be exact) and some sell it under C&R. Did some reading and everything it's all about the C&R license. What difference does it make to the buyer? I still have to go though an FFL I am sure.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: What's the difference to the buyer if the gun is C&R

If you have a C&R license, you can have it shipped to your house without a third party FFL.

If you have a C&R license , any firearm classified as a C&R can be transferred directly to you , without the need for a FTF thru a dealer , no 4473 , no background check , no ROS paperwork.

Had a PSP tell me you cannot carry a pistol purchased under a C&R! Handed him a copy of the PA-UFA and said SHOW ME!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Washington County)

I've been curious about this as well from time to time. Not that I have any money to buy C&R firearms or the license, but how does one go about getting a C&R. The requirements?

(Montgomery County)

So for the average Joe C&R doesn't mean much. That's what I wanted to know. Now, this is another of the many gun control anamolies. A CZ82 is every bit as capable of killing someone as anything manufactured today. Why is the government making it easier to buy it under the guise of C&R? So what that it's 50 years old (which it is not by the way)

(Allegheny County)

It's not really any "easier to buy". It's not as though prohibited persons can just "get a C&R license" and have guns shipped to their doorstep.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

The 03FFL is a license for collectors which allows the holder to have weapons 50 years and older shipped directly to them without having to use an 01 for a transfer. There are some firearms that qualify by name like the CZ82 because it has been given museum/historic status so it's an exception to the 50 year rule. The Colt SP1 hit C&R status in 2016 so all rifles dated 66 and 67 qualify, there are also some NFA items that also qualify as well.

80% of my collection is all C&R and when your looking at a hundred rifles and pistols with the average trans at $30.00 a pop your saving a significant amount of cash. You keep a bound book similar to a 01 and your collection can be subject to inspection by an ATF auditor however it's rare when it happens. You can buy and resell only to enhance your collection so what you sell has to be tracked in your book. If you caught acting as a dealer for profit you can be subject fines and jail time.
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 21st, 2018 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    So for the average Joe C&R doesn't mean much. That's what I wanted to know. Now, this is another of the many gun control anamolies. A CZ82 is every bit as capable of killing someone as anything manufactured today. Why is the government making it easier to buy it under the guise of C&R? So what that it's 50 years old (which it is not by the way)
    Nope , no difference in being shot by a 49yr old 1911A1 or a 51 yr old. 50yrs was the limit set when the license was created.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

The funny thing is the CZ-83 is the same as the 82 only chambered in .380 but not C&R eligible per the ATF due to it being a civilian export version with no military or historical relevance.

Taken from Wikipedia.

The vz. 82 was added to the US government's "Curio and Relic" list with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) in February 2007, after an individual wrote a letter to the ATF attaching a letter from a federal museum curator who stated that the vz. 82 had "museum interest" as a curio and relic.[1]

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    If you have a C&R license , any firearm classified as a C&R can be transferred directly to you , without the need for a FTF thru a dealer , no 4473 , no background check , no ROS paperwork.

Had a PSP tell me you cannot carry a pistol purchased under a C&R! Handed him a copy of the PA-UFA and said SHOW ME!
    Apparently the PSP makes up their own laws as they go.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast