Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: What's the difference to the buyer if the gun is C&R

I asked the ATF last year when the new C&R book would be out and they pretty much gave up listing them. I see a hot mess coming on.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The 03FFL is a license for collectors which allows the holder to have weapons 50 years and older shipped directly to them without having to use an 01 for a transfer. There are some firearms that qualify by name like the CZ82 because it has been given museum/historic status so it's an exception to the 50 year rule. The Colt SP1 hit C&R status in 2016 so all rifles dated 66 and 67 qualify, there are also some NFA items that also qualify as well.

80% of my collection is all C&R and when your looking at a hundred rifles and pistols with the average trans at $30.00 a pop your saving a significant amount of cash. You keep a bound book similar to a 01 and your collection can be subject to inspection by an ATF auditor however it's rare when it happens. You can buy and resell only to enhance your collection so what you sell has to be tracked in your book. If you caught acting as a dealer for profit you can be subject fines and jail time.
    Agree. Having the FFL03 makes it like living in the real America; sitting out on the patio with a cigar and bourbon when the UPS guy comes up and hands me a box with my latest C & R purchase. $30 for the FFL03 covers 1 transfer fee. Every time I go to York or Oaks Gun Shows I walk out with a gun.

BTW, I have several CZ 82s, looking to sell one to reduce the collection.

(Dauphin County)

Bumping this with a question just to be sure.

If a pistol is not 50 years old, and not on the ATF C&R list, it cannot be shipped directly to a FFL03 holder. Correct?
    It would have to ship to a FFL01 then be transferred to the buyer (even if FFL03), same as if the buyer was not a FFF03. Correct?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Bumping this with a question just to be sure.

If a pistol is not 50 years old, and not on the ATF C&R list, it cannot be shipped directly to a FFL03 holder. Correct?
    It would have to ship to a FFL01 then be transferred to the buyer (even if FFL03), same as if the buyer was not a FFF03. Correct?
    Yes you are correct.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes you are correct.
    Thank you!
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12