Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,213
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    https://www.abc27.com/news/local/sta...ees/1536322577

    Wants to eliminate LTCF fees for honorably discharged veterans or those who are 65 or older.

    I'm both.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    East Jabip, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    1585779

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    How about eliminating what equates to a tax from all Pennsylvanians.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh - with an H, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Wants to eliminate LTCF fees for honorably discharged veterans or those who are 65 or older.

    I'm both.
    So now the financial burden of those licenses will fall on the rest of us?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,246
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kipwell View Post
    So now the financial burden of those licenses will fall on the rest of us?
    I have no problem with that if it begins in 4 years
    It's not hard to tell that democrats are the dumbest among us.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,213
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lieutenant View Post
    How about eliminating what equates to a tax from all Pennsylvanians.
    One step at a time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,200
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kipwell View Post
    So now the financial burden of those licenses will fall on the rest of us?
    All costs of gun control should be distributed among the entire citizenry, because the benefit (if any) is for them.

    Needing to obtain a license before you exercise a right adds no value to you, the gun owner. It's supposed to weed out the bad guys. Making the good guys pay for it is facially unconstitutional.

    It's not like gasoline taxes, where the people who pay the tax are funding the roads that are only used by people who buy gasoline. This is more like charging you a fee each time you cut your own lawn, because some people let their property go to crap by never cutting their lawn. It makes no sense.

    If there was a per-procedure "abortion tax", I think the snowflakes would understand.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ungawa's M16A1 is for sale, see the NFA ads! http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...06#post3835606

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    hamburg, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    lets just do away with the license. most criminals don't have them anyway. there is no license requirement in the constitution.
    bandsmoyer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,213
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's not like gasoline taxes, where the people who pay the tax are funding the roads that are only used by people who buy gasoline. This is more like charging you a fee each time you cut your own lawn, because some people let their property go to crap by never cutting their lawn. It makes no sense.
    And when you buy gasoline for your lawn mower or garden tractor (or weed whacker, or snow blower), guess what? You're paying the tax for funding the roads - in essence, a fee each time you cut your own lawn.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Berks, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    117376

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    All costs of gun control should be distributed among the entire citizenry, because the benefit (if any) is for them.

    Needing to obtain a license before you exercise a right adds no value to you, the gun owner. It's supposed to weed out the bad guys. Making the good guys pay for it is facially unconstitutional.

    It's not like gasoline taxes, where the people who pay the tax are funding the roads that are only used by people who buy gasoline. This is more like charging you a fee each time you cut your own lawn, because some people let their property go to crap by never cutting their lawn. It makes no sense.

    If there was a per-procedure "abortion tax", I think the snowflakes would understand.
    Every post you write deserves attention. Seriously. Havenít seen a bad one yet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh - with an H, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: State Representative looks to eliminate concealed carry fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    And when you buy gasoline for your lawn mower or garden tractor (or weed whacker, or snow blower), guess what? You're paying the tax for funding the roads - in essence, a fee each time you cut your own lawn.
    You don't need to. You can file for a refund of gas taxes paid on gasoline used in off-road vehicles and equipment. If you don't that's on you.

Similar Threads

  1. Concealed Carry @ Eastern State Penn?
    By Never_Enough in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 6th, 2016, 12:26 PM
  2. Open Carry And Concealed Carry In State Parks & State Forests
    By Hillbilly_Hippie in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 9th, 2013, 05:25 PM
  3. Concealed Carry in PA State Parks?
    By mabar in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 5th, 2010, 11:22 AM
  4. Concealed Carry in PA State Parks
    By mabar in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: September 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops