Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Politician at the door

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Those morons target women but I've never had any democrat come to my door looking for me to support them. I would have asked though to explain what hunting has to do with the second amendment.
    I think they typically already know the party affiliation of the people whose doors they knock on.
    In the city, they may not bother to research it since most are democrats anyway, but I doubt they would waste time in rural areas by going to homes where they already know they will not get any support.

Depending on how "city" the OP actually is, her mind could have been blown BIG TIME by his response after a day of ass kissing Trump-haters worshiping the ground the woman walks on - just for being a democrat.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Did she make this same face when you asked about "guns"?

LOL!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I think they typically already know the party affiliation of the people whose doors they knock on.
    In the city, they may not bother to research it since most are democrats anyway, but I doubt they would waste time in rural areas by going to homes where they already know they will not get any support.

Depending on how "city" the OP actually is, her mind could have been blown BIG TIME by his response after a day of ass kissing Trump-haters worshiping the ground the woman walks on - just for being a democrat.
    I live in a rural area. A month or so ago, a volunteer was canvassing our subdivision for a Democratic candidate (I forget who) to garner support. I happened to be in the driveway when he walked up. He knew my name from a list that he had... probably local precinct list. We exchanged pleasantries and he introduced himself. He was very courteous and respectful. I advised him that I was registered independent, but leaned right. He gave me some literature and asked for my support for his candidate. We shook hands and he was on his way.

(Allegheny County)

Not sure how well you know Pittsburgh South Hills (this district is Upper St Clair, Peters Two, and parts of Bethel Park I believe) but I would estimate 60% Republican 40% Democrate. I am registered as an Independent and been so since 2008. From 03-08 I was a Republican, before that in my college years, yes I was a Democrate but never a liberal.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by N66Mike View Post
    Not sure how well you know Pittsburgh South Hills (this district is Upper St Clair, Peters Two, and parts of Bethel Park I believe) but I would estimate 60% Republican 40% Democrate. I am registered as an Independent and been so since 2008. From 03-08 I was a Republican, before that in my college years, yes I was a Democrate but never a liberal.
    After I posted, I remembered that you did say what district and gave her name, so I googled it and saw what general area it was.
    I do most of my work in the city/east side and all I see are democrat voter yard signs and "We're Glad You're Our Neighbor/Hate Has No Home Here" signs - quite liberal.

I loved your "conversation" with her. Good job.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Should have followed her down the street yelling about the gun-grabbing communist that is here to destroy America! You know, just l8ke they do!
    Yes, I can be confrontational if provoked, but I'm not that confrontational. Way too shy/not wanting noticed to do that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Those morons target women but I've never had any democrat come to my door looking for me to support them. I would have asked though to explain what hunting has to do with the second amendment.
    Wish I would have. I can think quick like that if I knew before hand I was "on the spot". Chilling at my house watching football on a Saturday, I wasn't ready for debate. Actually just annoyed that she bothered my Saturday as I did my chores in the morning so I could fill the rest of the day with college football because it is way better than pro.

(Montgomery County)

In order to flush out any anti gun stances from criminal politicians, I typically ask for their thoughts on "gun safety measures" instead of gun rights.

(Allegheny County)

Did she make this same face when you asked about "guns"?

LOL!
    LOL can't say I remember her facial expression but she Cleary was try to calculate her response.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I live in a rural area. A month or so ago, a volunteer was canvassing our subdivision for a Democratic candidate (I forget who) to garner support. I happened to be in the driveway when he walked up. He knew my name from a list that he had... probably local precinct list. We exchanged pleasantries and he introduced himself. He was very courteous and respectful. I advised him that I was registered independent, but leaned right. He gave me some literature and asked for my support for his candidate. We shook hands and he was on his way.
    I would have been fine to shake hands part ways to agree to disagree. But disturbing my Saturday afternoon and fishing about hunting annoyed me too much so I did get rude rather quick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast